Traffic Apprentices are trained to be multi-skilled supervisors to handle the diverse transportation operations of the Indian Railways.
A Traffic Apprentice (TA) undergo two-year extensive training in different work profiles in the Traffic Transportation Department. These work profiles include:
- Station Master
- Train Guard
- Section Controller
- Yard Masters
- Traffic Inspectors
During this training period, a traffic apprentice develops a practical understanding of the major traffic operations due to their short work period appointments as Station Master, Yard Master, and Guard. After completion of their training, the Traffic Apprentices will be appointed to respective cadre, in which they will be posted on the position of Station Master or Yard Master (both profiles have been combined now) or section controller, depending upon the requirements.
The job of Traffic Apprentice is a central government job..!!!
The salary offered and perks provided flows from the central government through the Indian Railways.
- Pay scale – Rs 9300 – 34,800/-
- Grade Pay – Rs 4200/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 9300/-
- Total Pay – Rs 13,500/-
Like all major railway employment opportunities, Traffic Apprentice Job Profile also offers great promotion progression and career path. The details shown below:
- Final selection is done on the basis of merit secured in RRB NTPC Exam for Traffic Apprentice (TA).
- The Exam is objective type, Multiple Choice Questions with 4 options and one correct solution in each.
- The total number of questions is 100, with 25 questions each from General Awareness, Common Awareness, Mathematics, and Reasoning.
- The total time allotted is 90 Minutes.
- The medium of RRB NTPC Examination for Traffic Apprentice can be selected from Hindi, English, and Urdu.
- Marking Scheme is+1 mark for the correct answer and – 1/3rd for the wrong answer.
If not gone through below Job descriptions:
- Commercial Apprentice Job description Click here!!!
- Goods Guard Job description Click here!!!
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA) Click here!!!
- Senior Clerk-Cum-Typist Click here!!!
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) Click here!!!
- Senior Time Keeper Click here!!!
- Equiry-Cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Click here!!!