TNTET Exam 2019 stands for Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test and is conducted by the Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) of the Tamil Nadu state. The TNTET Exam 2019 will be held in the month of October in 2019. It is a state level examination and will be held all over the state of Tamil Nadu for recruitment of candidates for the various vacancies of teaching posts in government schools. TNTET Exam 2019 consists of two papers where Paper I is held for teachers up to secondary-grade education and Paper II is held for graduate level teachers.
TNTET Exam 2019 Examination Dates
Candidates who wish to write TNTET 2019 examination must keep the following important dates in mind. The dates are tentative (not confirmed), and the official dates will be provided on a later date:
|Important Events||Corresponding Dates|
|Availability of application forms||2nd week of July – 1st week of August 2019|
|The final date of application form submission||Not yet announced|
|TNTET Exam 2019 Paper I||6th October 2019|
|TNTET Exam 2019 Paper II||7th October 2019|
|Announcement of Results||November of 2019|
TNTET Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to participate in the TNTET Exam 2019 must satisfy the following eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria will not be relaxed under any circumstances or special instances. The eligibility criteria vary for Paper I and Paper II.
- The age of candidates should not be less 18 years.
- The candidates should not be more than 40 years old in the date of writing this examination. The age relaxation will be provided according to the rules provided by the government.
For Paper I of TNTET Exam 2019, the eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must have passed higher secondary in 10+2 pattern of education.
- Applicants should have obtained a diploma in teacher education or elementary education.
- Candidates who have obtained a diploma from other states will be evaluated for a certificate verification.
- Final year diploma candidates are also eligible to apply for the examination. However, the eligibility certificate will be provided only after they have produced their respective degrees certificates.
- The candidates who are visually impaired are not eligible to apply for the examination.
For Paper II of TNTET EXam 2019, the eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must at least have a bachelor’s degree (B.Sc./ B.A./ B.Lit.) in any of the following subjects as a major or a degree in the subject itself: English, Tamil, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, History, Zoology or Geography.
- The degree obtained must be from a recognised university.
- Candidates with B.Lit. degree in Tamil must also have obtained teachers education degree certificate.
- Candidates from other states must apply for certificate verification, otherwise, their application will not be accepted.
- The Teachers Eligibility Certification will be provided only after handing over B.Ed degree certificate.
TNTET Exam 2019 Application Procedure
The notification for TNTET Exam 2019 will be announced on the official website. The application process will primarily be held in the offline mode. The application forms must be completely filled and incomplete or incorrect applications will be summarily rejected. The application forms will be available from the month of July 2019. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination should take the following application procedure to successfully apply for it:
- The applications forms will be available in the headmaster’s office in any higher secondary school near you. The schools are notified the respective Chief educational officer concerned.
- The application forms for TNTET Exam 2019 along with the prospectus can be bought for ₹50.
- An envelope containing filled application form along with a photocopy of the fee payment challan must be sent to the office of District Educational Officer. The envelope can also be provided to the office in hand by the person. Sending the application form directly to the Teachers Recruitment Board will be rejected outright.
- The candidates are also expected to get an acknowledgement on the photocopy of the TNET Exam 2019 application form.
- In addition to the application fees, the candidates must pay an examination fee of ₹500. For SC, ST and PWD candidates the examination fees is ₹250.
TNTET Exam 2019 Examination Pattern
The candidates must be aware of the pattern of TNTET Exam 2019 so as to avoid any surprises while writing the examination. The complete details of the examination are given below to help the candidates be aware of how the examination will be conducted and they can prepare themselves accordingly:
|Duration of the examination||180 minutes|
|Total Number of questions||150 questions|
|Examination Mode||Offline (OMR based)|
|Question Types||Objective based – multiple choice questions|
|Marking Pattern||+1 for every correct answer. No negative marks will be given for wrong answers.|
|TNTET 2019 Paper I Subjects (Questions / Marks)||Child Development and Pedagogy (30/30), Language I (30/30), Language II – English (30/30), Mathematics (30/30), Environmental Studies (30/30)|
|TNTET 2019 Paper II Subjects (Questions / Marks)||Child Development and Pedagogy (30/30), Language I (30/30), Specialisation subject – Maths, Science or social science (60/60)|
TNTET Exam 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for the TNTET Exam 2019 will be available online. The admit card will not be given, mailed and sent to anyone individually through offline mode. Those who wish to seek the admit card can do so only through the official website of Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB). The candidates are advised to take a printout of the admit card as without the hall ticket candidates will not be allowed inside the examination hall. The candidates must take the following steps to download the hall ticket:
- Go to the official website of the Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board
- Click on the TNTET link provided on the website.
- Choose the Hall Ticket option form the drop-down menu.
- Carefully read all the information and instructions provided.
- Click on the link provided to download the hall ticket.
- After downloading the admit card, take a print out of the hall ticket.
TNTET Exam 2019 Result
The answer keys for TNTET Exam 2019 will be immediately provided after the completion of the examination. The results of the examination will be announced and provided in the official website of the Tamil Nadu Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB). The candidates can monitor the news as the marks will be released after the result date will be announced to the press and various news media outlets. To pass the TNTET Exam 2019 the following criteria must be met:
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% in both the Paper I and Paper II examination.
- The certification will be provided only to the candidates who have passed in either of the Paper I or Paper II examination.
- Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) certificate will be valid for 7 years.
Liked our article on Government Jobs? View more at: