About Tirumala College of Engineering
Tirumala College of Engineering was established in the academic year 2001-02 with the noble aim of imparting quality education to the students in the areas of engineering and technology. It wishes that its students provide the necessary human capital for the contemporary technological world.
The College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH). The college is also recognized by the government of Telangana. The college is located on a 12 acre spacious campus in the serene surroundings and pollution free environment of Bogaram village, Keesara mandal, Rangareddy district.
Tirumala College of Engineering, a coeducational and privately owned educational organization, has dedicated itself to the education and training of students in engineering and technology for over 15 years. The college has more than 2000 _ faculty and — undergraduate, graduate & post graduate students. It has five departments offering courses in Computer Science Engineering, Electronics Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Civil / Mechanical Engineering and MBA. The Humanities and Sciences (H&S) department offers courses in mathematics, sciences, Engineering drawing, Computer Programming and Data Structure and English language communication to the students of freshman engineering. The college has Computer Assisted Language (ELCS & ALCS) Labs (CALL) for the students of first year as well as the for third year engineering students. The College equips the students with the necessary communication skills required for the global technology industry.
Courses provided by Tirumala College of Engineering
Under Graduate Programme
- B.E in Electronics and Communication
- B.E in Electrical and Electronics
- B.E in Civil Engineering
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E in Computer Science Engineering
Post Graduate Programme
1. M.E in Embedded Systems
2. M.E in VLSI System Design
3. M.E in Computer Science & Engineering
4. M.E in Software Engineering
5. M.E in Electrical Power Systems
1. Diploma in Electronics and Communication
2. Diploma in Electrical and Electronics
3. Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
4. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Departments of Tirumala College of Engineering
- Department of Tirumala College of EngineeringCivil Engineering, though as old as human civilization itself, in its modern sense has evolved over a period of two hundred years. The term civil engineering was introduced to distinguish it from military engineering. David Muir Wood n his work, “Civil Engineering: A Very Short Introduction,” tells how the term civil engineering describes the branch of engineering which is concerned with the creation of infrastructure of society. The term “Civil” in this context indicates a link with the citizen and the civilization. It has several sub-disciplines including architectural engineering, environmental engineering, geo-technical engineering, control engineering, structural engineering, earthquake engineering, transportation engineering, forensic engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, wastewater engineering, offshore engineering, facade engineering, quantity surveying, coastal engineering, construction surveying, and construction engineering
The Department has started B.Tech in Civil Engineering in 2010, with an intake of 60.
The department has good infrastructural facilitates and is equipped with full-fledged laboratories. The staff members are deputed to participate in workshops. As a part of the curriculum, Industrial visits are arranged for students of B.Tech 3/4 (CE) in I Semester.
It is our goal to provide our students with a strong theoretical, practical engineering skills, experience in interpersonal communication and teamwork.
We envision the department to make an impact on and lead in the field of Civil Engineering through its education and research
The department has established several laboratories
- Strength Of Materials Lab
- Engineering Geology
- Fluid Machines And Hydraulic Machines
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering
- Concrete Technology And Highway Materials Lab
2. Department of Computer Science Engineering
The vision of the Computer Science & Engineering department is to become a nationally and internationally leading institution of higher learning, building upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education and shall be a global center of excellence in education by providing instructions that are current in content and state-of-the-art in delivery; by engaging in cutting-edge, high-impact research project.
Thinking beyond box is the quality required by a student who is interested to move into a major Corporate”. Keeping the same in mind continuous Quest of the Computer Science Engineering Department is to upgrade their students in their lateral thinking skills.
- The Department of Computer Science is continuously striving for keeping up its mission of imparting Education of high standards along with skills training to their students to make them more employable.
- To provide dynamic, innovative and flexible curriculum which equip the students with the necessary problem driven skills to strengthen their career prospects and potential to pursue higher studies.
- To foster inquisitive-driven research among students and staff so as to reinforce the domain knowledge and address contemporary societal issues.
“Our mission is to provide competent instruction geared towards the development of responsible IT professionals for the Information Technology industry, for higher studies and research & development and for Entrepreneurship. They will be equipped with technical and communication skills, social and environmental awareness and strong moral values and ethics, for the expansion of regional and national economy thus, becoming the preferred source of services and manpower. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering will hold the flag of development in terms of research collaboration with nationally and internationally acclaimed Universities. Our Intelligent manpower is consistently involving in the growth of education and research of Nation.”
3. Department of Electronics and Communication
The Vision of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is to prepare the students to give creative solutions to the need of the society taking into consideration the latest changes in technology.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001-2002 by Veteran Faculty members and torch bearers with technological vision. With an aim to give an exposure to what students really need to equip in the next century, the department is equipped with the following latest laboratories.
- Electronic devices and circuits lab
- Electronic circuit Analysis lab
- Pulse and Digital circuit lab
- Digital communication lab
- Microprocessor lab
- ECAD lab / VHDL lab
- IC Applications lab
- Analog communication lab
- Microwave and optical communication lab
- Digital signal processor lab
- Basic electronics lab.
To shape the future of the students and make them Globally Competent, the staff members are putting enormous efforts by having a strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality.
PRAGMA2K12 is the Annual Technical Fest of department of E.C.E Tirumala College of Engineering Hyderabad. The Objective of PRAGMA is to provide a platform for the best minds in the country to showcase their talent and ingenuity through competitions that require Engineering skills apart from an innovative mind set. It aims at motivating students from different Engineering colleges across India to come together and share the mutual enthusiasm and passion for Science and Technology.
4. Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2001 currently the department offers an Under Graduate program B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an annual intake of 60 students.
The department has progressed with a vision centered on the empowerment of the students through academic and professional development and a strong commitment in developing competent career oriented programs, enhancing the Library and Laboratory facilities and providing excellent training to the students.
All the faculty members are encouraged to participate in Faculty Development Programmers, Conferences, Workshops, Publication of Research Papers and active involvement in R & D activity.
To create employable and entrepreneurial engineers with academic excellence, positive attitude, communication & interpersonal skills, good character, self confidence and leadership qualities and who are useful to the Family, Society and Nation. Also it is aimed for continuous development of faculty personality.
To be a world leader and renowned for electrical and electronics engineering and research.
To educate under graduates in the basic principles are underlying in the field of electrical and electronics engineering and train our students to think independently in terms to master systematic approach to problem solving and to have a keen awareness of the role of the engineering in modern society.
We aspire to establish a system of quality assurance which would be on a continuous basis to evaluate and monitor the quality of education at this institute ,improve the Teaching Process and ultimately develop the institute as a center of excellence.
5. Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Department was established in 2011, the inception year of the College. The Department is offering undergraduate Course in Mechanical Engineering with an approved intake of 60 by AICTE.
This Department is actively involved in a number of development research projects. The department has well experienced and qualified staff. The faculty members nurture the students with fundamentals that help them to advance with their innovations and encourage them to keep abreast of the present global trends.
Students of this course develop basic skills of fitting, welding, sheet metal, and pass on to be trained in material testing and foundry. They acquire unique skills in the areas of CAD & CAM CNC, Robotics, Finite element analysis, Heat transfer, IC Engines, Hydraulics Machinery etc. All this leads to independent, constructive and creative thinking.
The Department is enriched with the needed and adequate infrastructure to support proper shaping of the students as professionals. Department is providing qualitative learning environment to student community enabling them to buildup willingness to learn and work. Department is striving hard and marching forward with systematically designed and executed objectives and goals in line with the Vision and Mission of the Tirumala College of Engineering.
Facilities Provided by Tirumala College of Engineering
- Mini Projects and projects for the students based on the action learning approach.
- Ensures 24-hour Internet Facilities.
- Offers scholarships for B.C. EBC, S.C, S.T & Minority students.
- Separate hostel facility for Boys & Girls with homely atmosphere.
- 24 hrs. Security facility for staff and students in the campus.
- Apart from classroom teaching, separate coaching sessions and mock test for GATE, GRE and TOEFL.
- NSS units are formed separate CRT classes are conducted to B.Tech III yr & IV yr students.
- Well-equipped seminar hall.
- Disciplinary Committee.
- Medical facility.
- Separate waiting rooms for female staff and students.
- Biometric system adopted to ensure regularity and full time presence of faculty and staff on campus.
- Regular monthly report to parents on students’ progress through SMS.
- Separate reference library for each department.
- Professional Academic Councils.
- Technical Associations are formed to promote professional activities in each department.
- Anti- Ragging Committee active round the year.
- Parent- teacher review meeting on Saturdays.
- Mineral drinking water provided to all students.
- LCD & OHP based pedagogy.
- Guest lectures by eminent speakers & experts from industry and academia across the country to make students aware of the current needs of engineering profession.
Sports and games play a pivotal role in student’s life and professional career. A student’s educational journey does not end with his/her academic achievements alone. As sports and games happen to be an inseparable part of academic curriculum.
The College maintains a full fledged sports activity centre which provides the necessary facilities for conducting Sports and Games. The College has very good play fields for conducting outdoor games like Basket Ball, Ball Badminton, Cricket, Kabadi, Foot ball, Volley Ball and Athletics events.
Tirumala College of Engineering Training and Placements
The main endeavor of TPC of Tirumala Engineering College is to get students placed in reputed multinationals, government Organizations, NGO’s and the private sector. All students registered with TPC will be provided placement assistance, counseling for employment and self/Social entrepreneurship. The TPC assures logistic support to the visiting companies at every stage of the placement process by making College infrastructure available to them. The TPC will act as an interface between the industry and the students, and will primarily enable the students to select from their career options.
We shall facilitate the selection process of all the companies as per their requirement. The TPC will liaison with corporate organizations to provide suitable jobs and internship for the candidates completing their studies from Tirumala Engineering College. The TPC also conducts seminars and workshops to enable the students of Tirumala Engineering College to become successful professionals.
Contact Details of Tirumala College of Engineering