The Staff Selection Commission is expected to release the notification for SSC MTS 2019 shortly. The exam is conducted for recruitment of Multi-tasking Staff for various government departments and offices. Class 10 pass candidates who wish to join SSC can register for the exam.
- The application form will be available at ssc.nic.in OR ssconline.nic.in.
- SSC MTS is conducted in two stages – Paper 1 (CBT) and Paper 2 (PBT).
- Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine merit of the candidate to appear for document verification process.
- Last year, ten thousand vacancies were available.
Highlights of SSC MTS
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Minimum Eligibility||Matriculation exam qualifiers|
|Medium of Examination||Hindi as well as English|
|Expected Registration||70 lakh|
|Number of Seats||10000 seats (expected)|
Schedule for SSC MTS 2019
|SSC MTS Official Notification||November 2019|
|Release of application form||November 2019|
|Last date of fill SSC MTS 2019 application form||November 2019|
|Availability of SSC MTS Admit Card (Paper 1)||3 weeks prior to exam|
|SSC MTS Paper 1||To be updated soon|
|SSC MTS Paper 1 Result||To be updated soon|
|SSC MTS Paper 2||To be updated soon|
|SSC MTS Final Results||To be updated soon|
SSC MTS 2019- Age Limit & Qualifications
Candidates who aspire to appear for SSC MTS 2019 should check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The basic eligibility for SSC MTS 2019 is given as follows-
Age Limit- Candidates should lie between 18 to 25 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category-
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general)- Upto 5 years relaxation
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general)- Up to 3 years relaxation
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST)- Up to 5 years relaxation
- PH (OBC) – Up to 8 years
- PH (SC/ST) – up to 10 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC)- up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- up to 8 years
Date of birth which has been recorded in the senior secondary education will be taken into consideration.
Citizenship/Residential Criteria- Must be a citizen of India or should belong to Bhutan and Nepal.
- Tibetan refugees who came to India, with the intention of permanently settling in India are also applicable to apply
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from the following countries wishing to settle in India permanently are also eligible to apply like Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam.
Academic Qualifications- Minimum 10th pass or equivalent from a recognized board of the board will be applicable.
SSC MTS 2019 Application Form
Registration for the exam is likely to begin in November 2019. It will be a one-month window. Following are the steps to fill SSC MTS 2019 Application Form:
How to Apply Online?
- Visit the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘Notification’ under notice category and navigate to notification for SSC Multi-Tasking Staff.
- A link to apply for it will appear, click on it.
- Fill the required details such as Personal, Educational and Other details in application form.
- Verify the details and submit them.
- Next, Upload the scanned image of your photograph and signatures in specified sizes.
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- You will be redirected to fee payment window, make application fee payment of INR 100.
Candidates can make application fee payment via SBI challan only. The fee once paid will not be refunded.
Hall Ticket for SSC MTS 2019
SSC MTS 2019 Admit Card is issued on the official regional websites 3 weeks prior the date of examination. The notification for the same will be released on the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam center. Here are a few steps to download it-
- Log onto the regional website of SSC (as per your region).
- Click on the link given to download SSC Multi-tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Admit Card.
- Fill in your registration number and ID along with captcha code.
- The hall ticket for SSC MTS 2019 will appear on your computer screen.
- Check and Verify all the details and download it.
The candidates must go through the admit card and in case there are any printing mistakes should immediately contact the office.
SSC MTS 2019 Paper Pattern
The paper pattern for SSC MTS saw a change in previous year session of the exam. The exam has been shifted from offline to online mode. There are two stages of the exam, stage 1- Online Objective Type Test, Paper 2- Descriptive Test.
|Sections||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam For Handicap Students|
|A||General intelligence & reasoning||25||25||90 minutes||120 minutes|
The exam pattern for paper-2 is as follows:
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicap Students|
|Short essay/letter in English or any other language included in the 8thschedule of the constitution||50 marks||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
SSC MTS 2019 Syllabus
SSC MTS comprises of total 2 Papers. For Paper 1, candidates have to study the following sections:
- Reasoning ability
- Numerical aptitude
- English Language
- General awareness
While for Paper 2, candidates must be thorough with the English essay writing and letter writing skills.
Following are the topics and their weightage that a candidate must consider.
|Chapters||Number of questions|
|Arranging word in meaningful order||1-2|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||5-6|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1-2|
|Problem on Age||0-1|
|Speed distance and time||2-3|
|Profit and loss||5-7|
|Time and work||1-3|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Reading comprehension||5 (1 passage)|
|Fill in the blanks||10|
|Phrases or idioms||3|
|One word substitution||5|
|Topics||No. Of Questions|
How to Check SSC MTS 2019 Result
Results for SSC MTS are declared in two stages. Candidates who will secure the cutoff as per their category prescribed by SSC in paper 1 will be called for paper 2.
Candidates will be provided an appointment to the post of Multitasking staff as per their ranks in the merit list. Follow the steps below to check the SSC MTS results-
- Log onto the official website of SSC MTS www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the RESULTS option available on the top right corner of the page.
- Select your region and the name of the examination for which you want to see the results for.
- The results will appear in a PDF format. The candidates whose roll numbers are in the list will be called for the 2nd paper.
- Save the PDF document for future use.
SSC MTS Cut off
The cutoff for SSC MTS 2019 will be released by SSC along with the declaration of results and it will be published region wise.
Here is the cutoff of previous year for reference-
|Daman and Diu||62.00||45.00||45.00||45.00|
|Gujarat, Dadar and Nagar Haveli||62.00||45.00||57.50||57.50|
|Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry||84.00||78.50||72.75||72.75|
What is the Selection Process of SSC MTS 2019?
SSC MTS 2019 Selection Process will be a two stage process. Candidates will have to clear Paper 1 to proceed to the next stage.
- After the declaration of Paper 1 result, a list of qualifying candidates will be out.
- Those who qualify according to the SSC MTS 2019 Cut Off, will appear for descriptive paper.
- The descriptive paper is qualifying in nature, it’s marks will not be added while preparing final merit list.
- Post declaration of paper 2 result, candidates who qualified are called for Document Verification Process.
- Given below is the list of documents that are to be carried at the time of document verification for SSC MTS Selection Process.
- Qualification Certificates
- Proof of Identity (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID etc.)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
- Proof of Residence
Q1. How can I apply for the SSC MTS 2019 exam?
You can apply both online for the exam on the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
Q2. What is the selection process of the SSC MTS 2019 exam?
SSC MTS 2019 will be conducted in two stages- paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine merit of the candidate to appear for document verification process.
Q3. When will the registrations for SSC MTS 2019 exam start?
The registrations for the SSC MTS 2019 exam will start from 4th August 2019.
Q4. What is the last date of application for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
The last date of application for SSC MTS 2019 exam is 31st August 2019.
Q5. When will be the SSC MTS 2019 exam held?
The paper 1 of the SSC MTS exam will be conducted in December 2019 or January 2019 (CBE) and the dates of Paper-2 will be notified later.
Q6. When will the admit cards for the exam release?
The admit cards for the Paper 1 for SSC MTS exam will be released in December 2019 and the dates for the release for admit cards for Paper 2 will be notified later.
Q7. What is the eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
A candidate must be a citizen of India, Bhutan or Nepal for applying for this exam. Other than this, a candidate must have passed 10th from a recognized board.
Q8. What is the minimum and maximum age limit for applying SSC MTS 2019 exam?
The minimum age limit for applying for SSC MTS 2019 exam is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years. However relaxations in age limit are given to various reserved category which is as follows-
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general) – 30 years
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general) – 28 years
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST) – 35 years
- PH (OBC) – 38 years
- PH (SC/ST) – 40 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC) – 29 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- 33 years
Q9. What is the application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
The application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam is Rs 100.
Q10. Is there any relaxation in fee for SC candidates?
Yes, the SC/ST candidates and females are exempted from paying any application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam.
Q11. How can I submit my application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
You can submit the application fee via SBI challan only.
Q12. What can be the possible designations under SSC MTS?
The possible designations can be Peon, Dafatry, Jamadar, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator etc.
Q13. Can I apply for any other state other than my home state?
Yes, you can apply for vacancies in any state.
Q14. Do I need to know the local language of the state that I am applying for?
No, it is not necessary to know the regional language of the state but it can prove advantage.
Q15. What is the exam pattern for Paper-I of SSC MTS 2019?
The Paper-I will have 100 multiple choice questions and the paper will be divided into four parts i.e. General Intelligence & reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. The General Intelligence & reasoning section and Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness will have 25 Questions of 25 marks each. The composite time for the paper is 90 minutes.
Q16. What is the exam pattern for Paper-II in SSC MTS 2019?
Only students who will qualify the Paper-I will have to appear for the Paper-II. Paper-II is a descriptive which will include Short essay/letter writing in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution. It will be of 50 marks and a candidate will be given 30 minutes for writing the paper.
Q17. When will the result for the exam declare?
The result of Paper-I will declare in April 2019 and the final result is scheduled to be declared in June 2019.
Q18. Will I get the answer key for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
Yes, SSC will release the answer key for the SSC MTS 2019 after the exam.
Q19. What was the SSC MTS cutoff for UP candidates in 2017?
The cutoff for UP candidates was 102.25 for General, 99.00 for OBC, 97.75 for SC and 77.50 for ST.
Q20. What was the SSC MTS cutoff for Delhi candidates in 2017?
The cutoff for Delhi candidates was 93.5 for General, 83.25 for OBC, 92.50 for SC and 71.25 for ST.