SSC JE 2019 will be held by the Staff Service Commission for the post of Junior Engineer. The junior engineer positions will be available for Mechanical, Electrical and Civil engineers. The examination will consist of two papers – Paper I and Paper II, and selection will be based upon the candidate’s performance over both the papers. As many as 6 lakh candidates are expected to take the examination. The examination will be held in 41 city centres throughout the country.
Important Dates of SSC JEE 2019
Candidates who are wishing to take the examination need to keep the following dates in mind. No extensions will be provided in case the candidate misses on any of the dates for any reason. So it is advisable to complete the respective procedure as soon as the initial date appears.
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Announcement of the examination||15th December 2018|
|Application Process starts from||15th December 2018|
|Application Process final date||7th January 2019|
|Paper 1 admit card||January 2019|
|Paper 1 examination of SSC JE 2019||February 2019|
|Paper 1 Result Declaration||April 2019|
|Paper 2 Admit Card||April 2019|
|Paper 2 examination of SSC JE 2019||April 2019|
|Paper 2 Result Declaration||June 2019|
Candidates who wish to appear for the examination need to meet the following eligibility criteria. The admit card will only be provided to candidates who meet the eligibility criteria, irrespective of the status of their application. The eligibility criteria set are:
- Candidates should not be more than 32 years at the time of applying for the examination. The age limit can vary according to the post though. A maximum relaxation of 5 years is provided to candidates of SC, ST and OBC categories.
- Must have a minimum of a degree or diploma in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering. Candidates in the final year of their respective posts are also eligible to apply for the examination.
How to apply for SSC JE 2019
Candidates those who are interested in applying for the examination need to follow the given procedure below in order to successfully apply for the examination. The candidate must provide their respective Aadhar card in order to apply for the examination.
- Go to the official website of the Staff Service Commission (SSC) and click on the Junior Engineer position link.
- Register for an account of you haven’t done so already. After creating an account, a registration number and password will be generated.
- Candidates have to provide the all the correct and complete information in the respective fields.
- Upload a soft copy of your passport sized photgraph.
- Pay the required admission fees of ₹100 when prompted. Girl candidates and candidates of the reserved categories need not pay any application fees. The payment can be done through any of the online payment methods.
The admit card for Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be provided two weeks before the commencement of the respective examination. Candidates can obtain their respective admit cards from the official website of SSC JE 2019 using the registration number and password provided during the time of application.
Candidates who are going to take the examination need to be aware of the exam pattern in order to avoid any surprises and prepare for the exam accordingly. The examination will consist of questions of aptitude and from the subjects of their respective fields. The exam pattern of Paper 1 will be as provided below:
|Number of Questions||200 questions (Paper 1)|
|Marking Pattern||+1 for every correct answer|
-0.25 for every wrong answer
|Question Types||Objective based Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Marks||200 marks (Paper 1), 300 Marks (Paper 2)|
|Duration of the examination||120 minutes|
|Subject of Paper 1||General Reasoning (50 questions), |
General Awareness (50 questions),
Geneneral Engineering (100 questions)
|Subjects of Paper 2||Detailed questions from |
Civil, Mechanical or Electrical
Results and Answer Key
The answer key will be released only for Paper 1. Candidates can look for the answer key in the online portal within their respective accounts using the registration and password provided at the time of application. In case of any dispute with any of the answers, the candidate can register a complaint after paying ₹100 for one answer form their respective account.
The results along with the cutoff for Paper 1 will be announced on April 2019 as mentioned above. Only the candidates who have scored above cutoff score will be allowed to write the Paper 2. The final result of Paper 2 will be announced after the verification of documents. The final selection process will be based upon the performance of the candidates in Paper 1 and Paper 2. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview process and they will be assigned to their respective posts after they ace their interview round.
Interested in other Government Jobs? Look into our other similar articles: