SRMJEEE 2019 or SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination 2019 will be held by SRM Institute of Technology for various BTech programs admissions offered by the institute. SRM Institute of Technology is one of the best private engineering institutes in India. SRMJEEE is held every year and is highly popular engineering entrance examination with over 2 lakh applicants participating in it every year for approximately 7000 seats. Toppers of every state board examination can skip this examination and directly gain admission into any of their preferred seat in the institution. The high scorer in this examination will be eligible to take a seat in the institution provided they meet the minimum required eligibility criteria. The examination pattern is provided in the table below:
|Examination Type||Computer Based Test|
|Types of Questions||Objective based Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||105 questions (+35 questions for Biotechnology aspirants)|
|Total marks||315 Total marks|
|Syllabus||Physics (35 questions), Chemistry (35 questions), Mathematics (35 questions) and Biology (35 question)|
|Marking Scheme||+3 marks for every right answer|
No negative marks for wrong answers.
Important Dates of SRMJEEE 2019
Candidates who wish to participate in SRMJEEE 2019 need to keep the following dates in mind. In case if the candidates miss out on any important deadline date, no extensions under any circumstances will be provided. The dates are provided in the table below:
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Availability of application forms||October 28, 2018 – March 31st, 2019|
|Corrections of application forms||April 5th, 2019 – April 10th, 2019|
|Admit card availability||April 9th, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019||April 15th- April 25th, 2019|
|Result Declaration||May 1st, 2019|
|Counselling||May 11th – 20th, 2019|
Candidates those who wish to appear for the SRMJEEE 2019 examination need to match the following eligibility criteria. Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be allowed to write the examination. The eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must have completed their 10 +2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics combined.
- Candidates should not be older than 21 years old and younger than 17 years at the time of application.
- Rank holders in their respective board examination will directly get admission into the university and need not write the examination.
- Kashmiri migrants will get relaxation in their minimum required eligibility marks as per the directive of University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Candidates must have taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as three of their optional subjects in higher secondary school.
How to apply for SRMJEEE 2019
In order to successfully apply for SRMJEEE 2019 the candidate needs to take the following application procedure. The fees once provided is not refundable, hence apply for the examination only of you are eligible for the examination or are planning to take the test. The application procedure are:
- Go to the website of the university and click on the examination link.
- Register for an account into the portal using a valid email address. The registration details along with the password will be sent to the email address provided.
- Log in to the portal again using the details just provided and start filling up the details. Students must be careful while filling up the details as only those who provide the complete and correct details will be allowed to write the examination.
- After filling up the details, candidates have to upload a soft copy of their passport sized photograph and signature. The documents to be submitted has to be in the prescribed format and size.
- The application fees can be provided through both offline and online methods. The online application can be done through any of the payment options such as online banking, mobile wallets, Credit and Debit cards. For offline payment a demand draft should be payable through any of the offline payment methods. The application fee for the SRMJEEE 2019 examination regardless of reservation criteria is ₹1100.
- After completing the payment, the candidate can press the SUBMIT button to complete the application process.
The admit card for the examination will be provided on 9th of April. The admit card will be provided only to those applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and have provided a complete application form before the deadline date. Check all the information provided on the admit card. In case of any false information, immediately contact the examination authorities. To download the admit card, candidates can take the following procedure:
- Log in to the online portal of the SRMJEEE 2019 examination using credentials provided during the time of the registration.
- Click on the admit card link and download the admit card.
- Take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe as it will be needed to gain entrance into the examination hall.
- Candidates are also required to bring two passport size photos to the examination hall along with the hall ticket.
Results and Cutoff
The results of the SRMJEEE 2019 will be declared on May 1st 2019. The results can be viewed only through online mode. In order to view the results, exam takers have to log in to the account using the registration number and password provided during the application process. To view the rank card, click on the link which will be provided. The rank of the student will be provided along with the overall score and score in each subject.
A merit list of the candidates will be formed based on the marks scored by the students, total number of test takers and number of seats available. The cutoff score for admissions into the university will be declared along with the merit list. Those who have scored above the minimum required cutoff score have high chance of getting a seat in any of the campuses of SRM Institute of Technology, and thus can apply for the counselling process.
The counselling process will be conducted in two phases. The Phase I will be held on offline mode whereas Phase II will be held in online mode. To the eligible candidates, the call letter will be sent. Candidates have to download the call letter from the examination portal and must bring it to the counselling hall if they are eligible for the Phase I of the counselling process. Candidates have to bring the following documents along with them for verification during the counselling process:
- Call letter for the counselling process.
- Rank Card of SRMJEEE 2019
- Hall Ticket for SRMJEEE 2019
- Class 10th board examination mark sheet.
- Class 12th Board examination mark sheet.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card.
- Aadhar Card / Passport for identification
- Payment Receipt of Demand Draft, if applied through offline payment