Why to join Sambhram?
- 140 acres of campuses.
- Affiliated to 4 Universities.
- Students from 10 countries.
- Association with leading Industry & Corporate.
- Collaborations with International Universities and Research Organisations.
- Core faculty drawn from Academia & Industry, having track record in teaching, research & consultancy.
- State of the art infrastructure & facilities.
- Technologically advanced campus with Wi-Fi internet access.
- Continuous assessment to raise the confidence levels and competency of students.
- Going beyond the curriculum to hone the skills of the student through industry interactions & specialized workshops.
- Attention on Sports and Extracurricular activities.
- Outstanding placement track record.
- 10 Separate hostel for boys & girls within the campus which serve nutritious & hygienic food.
- Fee concession for deserving & meritorious students.
About Sambhram Institute of Technology
Sambhram Institute of Technology is an offshoot of the Sambhram Group, widely known for its services in education, health, housing, property development, hotels and resorts. Sambhram Education Trust is the educational arm of the Group and it runs several professional institutions in Bangalore, KGF in Karnataka state and Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh.
SaIT is a flagship Sambhram Institution started in 2001, promoted by entrepreneurs, bureaucrats and technocrats from a variety of backgrounds. Thanks to this strong management base and an equally strong resource base, SaIT enjoys a premier status today in technology education. As a result, students from far flung areas of India and other countries are entering the portals of SaIT in increasing numbers.
SaIT is located in the silicon city, Bangalore, just a few kilometers from the internationally renowned Indian Institute of Science (IISC), and is well connected by road to all major city centers. It is very near to railway station and International Airport. The college is situated within the sprawling eight acres estate of Sambhram Education Trust. Set in an idyllic atmosphere rich in greenery, the campus is ideal for academic, research, cultural and sports activities. The college building housing the class rooms, laboratories, workshops, administrative blocks, Libraries , Cafeteria and other units.
SaIT since from its inception achieved several mile stones. At present SaIT has got engineering branches with an intake of 180 in Computer Sc. & Engineering, Electronics & Commn. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering. SaIT has an intake of 120 for Information Sc. & Engineering, MCA and MBA. From 2010-11 academic years II Shift course with intake of 60 each in Electronics & communication engg and Computer Sc. & Engineering. Mechanical and Civil engineering has been started. In during 2009 the departments of ECE, CSE and ISE and in 2011 departments of Mechanical.
The College has separate hostels for boys and girls and an exclusive hostel for International students. Adequate sports facility is provided with well equipped indoor sports and gymnasium and outdoor playground.
A State of the art amphitheatre and an indoor auditorium provide ample opportunity to the students to explore their talents and indulge in cultural activities.
A high-speed internet centre provided a window into the world of knowledge while a sophisticated library equipped with access to e-journals through the digital library and thousands of books and journals helps nurture the thirst for knowledge in students.
Every student is trained and placed through the Training and Placement cell. Many leading multinational companies conduct campus interviews.
- Established in 2001 with four engineering branches namely Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Information Science & Mechanical, today SaIT offers 5 Under Graduate Engineering programmes, 2 Master Degree programmes and 5 Doctoral programmes.
- Located 13 km from the heart of Bangalore City – the Silicon Valley of India, on Hesarghatta Road.
- Sprawling campus spread over an area of 10 acres set in sylvan surroundings.
- Provides an ideal ambience to stimulate the teaching-learning process, helping in bringing out skilled and disciplined Engineers.
- Rated among top Engineering Institutions in the Bangalore.
- Current annual student intake for Undergraduate Programmes & Post Graduate Programmes in Engineering is around 1200.
- Highly qualified and dedicated faculty.
- NSS, Sports, Cultural Activities are given prime importance for overall development of the students.
- Almost around 90% of the eligible students are placed through campus selection
Technical Society Membership
- Computer Society of India ( CSI)
- I.E.E.E. Student Branch
Courses Offered by Sambhram Institute of Technology
M.Tech- Computer Science
M.Com- Master of Commerce
BE- Electronics & Communication
BDS-Bachelor of Dental Surgery
BBA-(with Aviation) Bachelor of Business Administration
BCA-Bachelor of Computer Applications
BHM-Bachelor of Hotel Management
B.Com- Bachelor of Commerce
Pre school up to 10+2
Value Added Courses
Fee Policy provided by Sambhram Institute of Technology
- The fee is subject to change only by University/Management.
- The students must ensure that fees are paid before the announced due dates. Non-payment of the prescribed fees within the due dates will result in the cancellation of the registration to the program or to the subsequent term / semester.
- Students will also be liable for any travel and accommodation costs incurred for placement. For certain programs, students may incur additional specific charges for such items or activities as sports and games fees, specialized material, or field trips. The college reserves the right to make additional charges to students for such activities.
- Fees does not include hostel charges, transportation, examination fees, laptop, seminars, fests etc.
- The College has every right to withdraw or amend its offer of admission, or terminate the registration, if it is found that either a false or a misleading statement has been made or that significant information has either been omitted or withheld in a candidate’s application form.
- The College does not accept responsibility and expressly excludes all liability that may result from any loss, damage, or injury caused to a student or to his/her property.
- Students enrolled in any course are required to sign an undertaking at the time of the commencement of the academic year consenting to abide by the rules, regulations, and the code of conduct of the Institution.
- Fees has to be paid by cash or DD in favour of respective Institutions.
Policy regarding refund of fees
The program fee has two components – Registration fee and Tuition fee
The Registration fee, once paid, will not be refunded by the college under any circumstances. The minimum amount for registration for Engineering is Rs. 50,000, under graduation is Rs 20,000 and post graduation Rs. 10,000, The objective of this clause is to discourage frivolous applications.
If the student wishes to discontinue in the middle of any semester than he/she will be liable to pay the remaining course fees after taking admission.
The refund of tuition fee paid will be considered under the following conditions:
- If a candidate withdraws from the program prior to the commencement of the program, then 75 percent of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- If a candidate withdraws from the program within one week after the commencement of the program, then 60 percent of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- If a candidate withdraws from the program anytime after one week from the date of commencement of the program, then no refund of tuition fee will be made.
Facilities provided by Sambhram Institute of Technology
Digital Library and Internet
The library rates among the fines, with numerous volumes of technical books and more than one hundred national and international journals. The library is open from 8am to 8pm to encourage students to develop a reading habit and keeping them up-to-date on their subjects. The library is fully computerized to facilitate ease of use for students to search and get information about any book of their choice.
Dedicated high-speed leased line internet is made available to the students 24 hours through campus wiFi network. Students can access hundreds of e-journals and digitized technical books through internet in the digital library.
Sports and Games
The college has a sophisticated gymnasium and indoor sports room with various games available to the students. A sprawling open sports field and concrete basketball ground provide for outdoor sports needs.
Co-curricular & Extracurricular Activities
Students are regularly sponsored to attend lectures, seminars, quizzes and workshops in various technical topics. They are also encouraged to organize and conduct such activities in the college as part of ‘DA Club’ – a student CLUB.
The college has comfortable and safe hostels separately for boys and girls. The hostels have well furnished rooms and provide hygienic, nutritious and timely food and water. Special accommodation for international students are provided at the picturesque “Sambhram Roost” resort, a short distance from the college.
The Institute monitors the progress of the students at a closer level by a scheme called Proctor Scheme. Under this scheme about 20 to 25 students are assigned to a faculty who will maintain a record of the academic progress (Proctor Diary) of the students and provide guidance and counseling.
Sambhram Institute of Technology offers Placements
Placements are benchmark to the performance of any management institute and it depicts the success and the growth of the institutions.
The Placement Cell of SPIC plays a vital role and is gradually becoming a key department of the institute. The competition for employment is increasing every day and the job of placement is becoming a challenging one. Our Placement cell is performing the following
The Objective of the placement cell is to facilitate the process of placement & ensure that each eligible student gets an opportunity to face an Interview.
The cell has dedicated team of Coordinators who maintain a well structured database which gets updated time to time and it is made available to the company as per the company norms. The placement cell not only conducts regular in house training but also organizes placement training by the industry experts. The in house training includes Aptitude (Logical, Analytical, Technical and Verbal) Mock interviews and Group Discussions to make the students well versed with the placement Process.
The placement cell also identifies the best Industry Expert and conducts workshops and seminars so the students get to know the latest industry requirements. It not only helps them to keep themselves updated but boosts their confidence.
Sambhram Institute of Technology,
M.S. Palya, Via Jalahalli East,
Bangalore – 560 097.
Telephone:+91 80 65903381 / 23643618 / 23640612
Mobile: +91 9900001936
Fax: +91 80 23641701
Principal: Dr. H G Chandrakanth