Punjab University PUTHAT 2018: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Punjab University PUTHAT 2018: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus. PUTHAT 2018. Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test is abbreviated as PUTHAT. Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test is the under graduate entrance examination which is conducted by Panjab University.
PUTHAT is an abbreviation for Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT ) is an entrance examination for BTTM students conducted by the Panjab University Chandigarh. It is organized for admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) at University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM). Panjab University Chandigarh provides admission in BTTM. This Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test is commonly known as PUTHAT.
PUTHAT 2018 Important Dates
- Date of uploading the prospectus – First Week of March 2018
- Availability of online application form – First Week of March 2018
- Last date for submission to generate the Bank Challan – 2nd Week of April 2018
- The last date for deposit of fee – 3rd Week of April 2018
- Upload the scan images – 3rd Week of April 2018
- Downloadadmit card – 4th Week of April 2018
- Date of PUTHAT Exam – End of April 2018
- Declaration of result – May 2018
- Web Counselling is starting from – June 2018
PUTHAT 2018 Apply Online
- Before going to register online candidates have to read Prospectus cautiously.
- Candidates have to click on the “Online Registration” and complete the registration process online by submitting the accurate information.
- Thereafter note down your User Id & Password and the same information will be sent to your registered Email Id as well.
- Candidates have to take print out of bank slip by using login id & password.
- Remit the application fee least one day after the printing of bank slip utilizing the online generated bank slip at all SBI branch.
- Now candidates have to upload signature, scanned passport size photograph and fill further important data and Save after the 24 Hrs. of depositing fee.
- Candidates must verify all data provided by them are correct, then “Save and confirm” Application Form. After confirm of the application form candidates will not permit to change any data.
- Candidates can download the successfully submitted application form and the receipt of pay application fee and it for next round of selection used.
PUTHAT 2018 Application fees
Once the candidate is done with filling the form online the next step is to pay the application fees. To complete their PUTHAT Counselling registration, candidates need to sign the counseling register and pay a non-refundable processing fee of some specific amount. Different categories have fees for the application form of PUTHAT.
General Category – Rs. 880/-
SC/ST/PwD Category – Rs. 440/-
The payment can be done through net banking and various other options: Debit Card/ Demand Draft/ Bankers Cheque/ Pay Order. The payment mode is only online and Online payment can be done through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The fees of PUTHAT once paid by the candidate will not be refunded in any case.
The Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) shall be open to all such candidates who have passed (up to the Academic Session 2017-2018) in the 10+2 Exam of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Exam conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council with not less than 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD Categories) in the aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects
The eligibility of a candidate will be provisional at every stage of the admission process. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure his/her eligibility and fulfillment of various conditions for admission as prescribed in the rules/regulations of Panjab University
Admission will be cancelled at any stage in case the candidate is not found eligible, even subsequently
Note: The candidates who have passed/appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear in PUTHAT-2018, as this institution has been derecognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh
The examinations conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi, included in the booklet of recognized exams, have also been deleted from the Booklet
- Number of Questions:Total 100 MCQ type questions will be asked in the PUTHAT exam.
- Type of Question:The Paper will contain only objective type questions.
- Duration:The duration of exam will be 1:30 Hours.
- Marking Scheme:One mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking:25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
Number of Questions
Hospitality Industry Awareness
PUTHAT Admit Card 2018
Candidates can download admit card from official website. Admit cards for PUTHAT will be available from the second week of May 2018. Admit cards will be uploaded online by the authority.
Candidates have to produce admit card at the examination centre. An admit card is marked with the following details like Name of Candidate, Date of ExaminationName, and Address of Examination Centre, Photograph, and Signature of the Candidate, Reporting Time at the Examination Centre etc.
PUTHAT Result 2018 for BTTM courses. The result will be announced online on the official portal of PUTHAT. The result will consist of the merit list on the basis of marks of the candidates. The candidates will be called on the basis of merit list for the counseling. The PUTHAT authority releases result for different courses provided by the university. The Result of PUTHAT has been announced by Panjab University Chandigarh. The test scores and result of PUTHAT will be reported on a percentile basis. As per PUTHAT 2018 result, each test-takers’ performance will be compared to others of candidates group, classified as the five-year integrated undergraduate and two-year postgraduate.
The correct number of questions answered by the candidate will decide the result. There will be a total of 150 questions and candidate will be able to tick maximum correct out of it. Applicants should download the result and should preserve the score till the admission procedure is complete for further use in PUTHAT.
How to apply for PUTHAT 2018
Candidates have to follow all the steps for applying PUTHAT. By following the steps you can easily fill the application form.
- Read Prospectus carefully.
- Register Online on the official website.
- Fill all the required details as per requirement like personal and professional details.
- Now note your Login Id & Password.
- Now make a print of bank slip.
- Deposit fee using website generated bank slip at any SBI branch, minimum one day after printing of bank slip.
PUTHAT 2018 Counselling
The counselling process starts within few days after the final result. The seats will reserve for all the special category candidates as per the government rules. Candidates need to carry their documents while appearing for the counseling. If the documents are fake they will cancel from the examination. There is the installment system for paying the fee. If candidates fail to pay the fee they will not be allotted with the seat. PUTHAT 2018 Counselling dates will be varying for each candidate depending on their rank in the exam.