NICL or National Insurance Company Limited is a government owned general insurance company. It is established in 1906 and since then it is trusted among all the citizen of the country. The company headquartered is in Kolkata and it was nationalized in 1972. Their portfolio consists of a many general insurance policies, offered to a wide variety of clients from different sectors of the economy. Apart from being a leading insurance provider in India, NICL also serves Nepal.
Every year the NICL recruits the administrative officer for their department..!!!!
NICL AO Selection Process:
Candidates selection process undergoes 4 phases:
- Preliminary Exam: Candidates who have successfully submitted the Application form will appear in the Prelims. There will be sectional cutoff decided by NICL.
- Mains Exam: Candidates who get qualify in the prelims will get the chance to participate in the Main exam.
- Descriptive test: When candidates will get qualify in Mains exam then he/she have to compete in the descriptive test.
- Interview: After qualifying in exam paper the candidate will be called for interview.
- NICL AO Preliminary Exam Scheme:
Type of Exam
Objective Type exam
- NICL AO 2017 Mains Exam Pattern:
Type of Exam
Number of Questions
- NICL AO 2017 Descriptive Exam Pattern:
English Language (Essay, Precise and Comprehension)
An Administrative Officer in NICL acts as the First Officer. It is a totally authoritative post where decision making is involved. An AO is expected to a variety of work, however, majority of the work involves Claim Settlements, Underwriting, Risk Assessment and Supervision of Assistants work. AO can assign and delegate the work to his team and oversee their performance. Sometimes the AOs are entrusted upon to verify the risk proposals and authorization of claims.
- You will have stay at the initial place of posting for a minimum of 5 years.
- Immediately after joining, you will have to join for Probation, which lasts for 1 year.
- During probation period you will be required to pass the non-life “Licentiate Examination” conducted by Insurance Institute of India.
- You will also have to sign a Guarantee Bond which will require you to serve the Company for minimum of 4 years including Probation Period.
- The starting Basic Pay of a NICL Administrative Officer will be Rs. 32,795 /-
- This will be in the scale of – 32795-1610(14)-55335-1745(4)-62315
- Along with this other allowances will be provided.
- The total salary will be Rs.51,000/- per month in Metropolitan Cities.
Benefits and Perks:
- Pension under New Pension system governed by PFRDA
- Medical Benefits
- Group Personal Accident Insurance etc. shall be as per rules.
- You can also avail the facility Company’s accommodation or leased accommodation as per their norms.
Promotions are generally slow compared with banks. However, there is no sabbatical leave i.e., if you have plans to study and want to take unpaid leaves, it is not allowed. You need to resign from the NICL if you take admission in a college and also need to pay the bond if your probation is not complete. Promotions are generally seniority based and first promotion takes not less than 5 years. Through fast track channel, AOs are eligible for promotion after 3 years.
A NICL AO enjoys a good work environment and the nature of the job does not entail any deadly work pressure. It is quite manageable.