About Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering
Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering (MITE) was established in the year 2007 by Rajalaxmi Education Trust to fulfil the growing needs of the industry and aspirations of young students of Mangalore District and other parts of the country, which requires outstanding professionals who can be an asset to any organization. Located amidst lush greenery and a serene ambience in Moodbidri, the campus spreads over an area of 70 acres in the sylvan surroundings near Mijar en route to Karkala. Integrating modern design, construction technology and eco-friendly techniques, the campus provides the right setting to the students for effective learning.MITE is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- Passion and commitment: We strive to work with passion and commitment in all our activities towards the ultimate good of the society
- Making a difference: We strive to make a positive difference in the lives of all our students and the future generation by going beyond curriculum and academics
- Family culture: We believe in inculcating and nurturing a ‘MITE FAMILY’ culture among all the staff, students, alumni and all those who associate with us
- Care for the environment: We strive to work with utmost care for the Nature creating a serene and conducive environment for quality education and research
Career Oriented Education
Students pursue science, engineering and technology courses for many reasons. Some may have specific goals: they wish to cure diseases or combat hunger or reduce pollution; or they dream of developing the next laser, transistor, or vehicle for space travel; or they imagine building companies that capitalize on new engineering capabilities. Some choose careers in science or engineering because they are curious about the natural world. Others are motivated by the excitement and beauty of the intellectual world. Whatever your ambitions may be, MITE offers the right combination of course in order to pursue your career goals.
MIT mission is “To establish world class educational institutions in their respective domains, which shall be centers of excellence in their Stated and Implied sense. To achieve this objective we dedicate ourselves to meet the Challenges of becoming Visionary and Realistic, Sensitive and Demanding, Innovative and Practical, and Theoretical and Pragmatic; All at the same time”
MIT vision is “To attain perfection in providing Globally Competitive Quality Education to all our Students and also benefit the global community by using our strength in Research and Development”
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering Courses
UG COURSES – (BE)
- Computer Science
- Electronics & Communication
- Information Science
- Basic Science and Engineering
PG COURSES – (M.TECH)
- Computer Science
- Computer Network
- Vlsi & Embedded Design
- Digital Electronics
- Machine Design
- Nano Technology
Computer Science and Engineering
To evolve as a centre of academic excellence, to establish synergistic relationship across the entire spectrum of disciplines involved with computing to solve a wide range of complex scientific, technological and social problems.
To inculcate students with a profound understanding of fundamentals through effective, innovative and research-oriented teaching-learning process in collaboration with industries to enable them in solving real-world problems, with an inclination towards societal issues and research towards decision science.
Pursuing excellence in Aeronautical Engineering, creating a research environment to promote innovation and address global challenges.
To equip students to face global challenges by excelling in a professional career and higher education.
To offer high-quality graduate and postgraduate programs in electrical & electronics engineering.
To promote excellence in research, collaborative activities and contribute to social development with ethical values.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
To establish a centre of excellence in Education and Research in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To mould the students into competitive engineers and enable them to face the challenges of the ever-changing scenario and succeed in the personal and professional field.
To provide a conducive environment that shapes students into professionals who remain
in in very demand.
To help the students in defining a distinct place for them, where even the lines between software and hardware are getting blurred.
To develop competent and creative mechanical engineer who use their talent to achieve excellence.
By providing the students sound technical knowledge through state of the art facility and keeping the student abreast with the latest technology to cope up with the latest changing requirements of industries
To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies. To create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Inspire the leaders of tomorrow to take on the challenge of creating and sustaining the built environment that underpins our society. Enable these leaders with fundamental engineering knowledge, a broad set of skills, and an inquisitive attitude. In partnership with the many disciplines that make up the civil engineering field, and in the face of uncertain information, as well as ever-changing needs, risks, and constraints – create engineers who successfully adapt and innovate solutions for the built environment.
We envision our department as a catalyst for developing, educated, and an employable individual whose collective energy will be the driving force for the prosperity and the quality of life in our diverse world
To provide quality technical education in the field of Mechatronics and to strive for excellence in education by developing and sharpening the intellectual and human potential for the good of industry and society
Information Science and Engineering
Information science and Engineering department focus on current Information Technology trends, and Domain Specific Applications. The program facilitates the evolution of skills in students to help them attain a higher degree of knowledge, global competency and excellence, for the betterment of the society.
Basic Science and Engineering
To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing in Basic Science and technologies. To create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Inspire the leaders of tomorrow to take on the challenge of creating and sustaining the built environment that underpins our society. Enable these leaders with fundamental engineering knowledge, a broad set of skills, and an inquisitive attitude
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering Admission
- The admission procedure of the college is governed by the regulations made by the Government of Karnataka and VTU.
- Students with requisite scores in 10+2 examination are admitted under three categories, namely Common Entrance Test (conducted by Government), COMED-K (conducted by Organization of Private Engineering Colleges) and Management quota.
- Students admitted under various categories need to pay the fees as per Government regulations.
- Students with merit and economically poorer background are provided with scholarships from Government and management such as KAREPASS, Jindal, Sujnana Nidhi, Beedi, SDM Edu. Society, Vidya-Shree, MHRD, etc.
- Students belonging to SC/ST, Ex-Military and backward categories are provided with scholarships from the Department of Social Welfare of Government of Karnataka.
Documents needed for admissions
- S.S.L.C / 10th standard Marks Card for age proof.
- Pre- University marks card (1st & 2nd year)/ 10+2
- Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes certificate/ OBC if applicable
- Study certificate
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- Seat allotment order (if the seat has been allotted through CET or COMED K)
- Copy of Aadhar Card/ Voter ID
- Admission Order (College copy).
- Amount Paid Challan (College copy).
- SSLC Original Marks Card.
- PUC / XII Std. Original Marks Card.
- PUC / XII Std. Transfer Certificate.
- Study Certificates from I Std. to PUC.
- Caste & Income Certificate (If applicable).
- 371J Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate (If applicable).
- Aadhaar Card.
- One Set Original & Three Sets Xerox in the above order.
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering Fee Structure
|Computer Science||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Electronics & Communication||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Information Science||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Mechanical||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Aeronautical||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Civil||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Mechatronics||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|Basic Science and Engineering||4 years||INR 55 k per year||INR 2.2 Lakh per year|
|MBA||2 years||INR 54,390k per year||INR 1.08 Lakh per year|
|M.Tech||2 years||INR 64,390 per year||INR 1.28 Lakh per year|
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering Campus
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering (MITE) is an institute that has made to the pinnacle of the Engineering arena in a very short span of time.Placed on the Mangalore Sholapur Highway, it’s about 30 kms away from Mangalore and about 5 kms from the town of Moodabdiri. The entire area of the instituteprovides abundance of unpolluted air, which has become rarest of the rare in modern campus Life.
With the faculty members, who make a difference you are bound to be motivated. As in MITE the faculty members make their goal to bring out the best in students with their own innovative teaching methods. In both engineering and management course, students are open to new ways. But the wholesome development of a human being is not just possible by acquiring knowledge from books. Keeping this in mind we have at MITE a huge playground and indoor stadiums to ensure the students a healthy lifestyle.
Campus Facilities :
- More than 50 sophisticated labs with all modern equipment
- Research Centers
- Excellent hostel facilities for the boys & girls (outside campus) with an in-house mess
- More than half a dozen individual blocks
- Seminar Halls
- Placement cell
- Spacious library with an area of 750 sqm with more than 7400 titles / 44000 volumes / 110 periodicals.
- Wi-Fi Internet facility, dedicated 8 MBPS multiple internet lines
- National and International journals.
- 24 hours power backup, 125 KVA DG-set
- Indoor and Outdoor game facility (huge ground).
- Basketball court
- Spacious classrooms (More than 50)
- Excellent Examination Cell taking care of all the exam related issues
- Students activity centres
- Hobby clubs
- Medical facility.
- Ladies & Gents common rooms.
- Good parking facility for more than 400 vehicles.
- Departmental libraries
- 100s of trees with open-air theatre for conducting cultural programmes
- PF / ESI / EL encashment facility
- Loan facility
- Medical Insurance for students & staff
- Students safety insurance policy
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering Placement
The success behind our placement program can be traced all the way to our mission and vision which collectively promotes the overall success of students, staff and the college. The Industries in India and abroad, seek to recruit the best brains entering the Industry from MITE. This ensures that students of MITE pick the right kind of work that they want to do. Major recruitment drives are conducted from September to April of every year. Reputed Companies have been participating in the Placement Drive conducted in the college every year.
No. of Placement Offers : 2017-18 – 475
2016-17 – 510.
2015-16 – 435
Highest Offer in the Placement Drive : 2017-18 – CTC Rs 21 Lakhs per Annum
2016-17 – CTC Rs 21 Lakhs per Annum
Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering Badaga Mijar, Near Moodabidre;
Mangalore Tq DK Dist
Karnataka – 574225
Telephone:+91 8258 262695/ 96/ 97
Fax:+91 8258 262698/ 99