LSAT 2019 or Law School Admission Test is an international examination conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA, but for India, it will be conducted by Pearson VUE on their behalf. The LSAT examination in India is conducted particularly for admissions into various undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for law schools in India. More than 85 law colleges in India present throughout the country will accept the scores of the examination. The test will be held in 22 test centres in 20 cities. It is an offline pen and paper-based multiple choice question examination. More details about the examination are provided in the article below.
Important Dates of LSAT 2019
The important dates of LSAT 2019 examination are provided in the table below. No extensions under any circumstances will be given to the aspirants if they have missed any of the deadline dates.
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Notification||October 4th, 2018|
|Application form period||October 15th, 2018, to May 15th, 2019|
|Admit Card||May 8th to May 15th, 2019|
|LSAT 2019 examination||May 26th, 2019|
|Results||June 8th, 2019|
|Counselling Dates||Depending on the participating institutions, Consult respective institutions to know the various dates.|
Only those candidates who meet the below-set eligibility criteria will be allowed to participate in the LSAT 2019 examination. The examination will cover the scope of integrated law courses, undergraduate law courses and postgraduate law courses. There is no restriction o age for any of the courses covered under LSAT 2019 examination. The eligibility criteria will vary according to each course and all the details are provided below:
For integrated courses (such as BA.LLB, BSc.LLB etc.),
- The applicant must have completed his or her +2 examination from any of the recognised boards such as CBSE, ICSE etc.
- Must have secured a minimum of 45% in their higher secondary board examination. The minimum marks can vary according to various participating institutions and it is best to consult them for minimum marks eligibility criteria.
For Undergraduate Law Courses,
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate degree (such as BA, BSc, etc.) in any of the recognised institutions. Candidates without a degree can apply for integrated courses.
- Must have secured a minimum of 45% in their overall undergraduate degree score. The minimum qualifying marks may vary according to institutions.
For Postgraduate Law Courses,
- Must have an undergraduate law degree in addition to any undergraduate degrees.
- Must have secured a minimum of 45% overall score in both their undergraduate degree and the undergraduate law degree. The minimum score may be subject to variation according to participating institutions.
How to apply for LSAT 2019
If the interested candidate meets the eligibility criteria for the courses they wish to pursue. They can take the following procedure in order to successfully apply for the examination. Only the online applications for the examination will be taken into consideration. All the respective steps must be carried out before the deadline dates, as only completed applications before the set date will be allowed to write the LSAT 2019 examination:
- Go to the official website of Law School Admission Council (LSAC) and click on the LSAT 2019 link.
- Fill the enquiry form provided and a confirmation link will be sent to your email address. It is necessary to provide a valid email ID for the application process.
- Upload the soft copies of all the required documents as mentioned in the application form. The soft copies must be provided only in the required size and format.
- After pressing the next button, the page will transition to the payments page where the applicants have to provide an application fee of ₹3800 through any of the online payment methods.
- Upon pressing the SUBMIT button, the application process is complete.
- Take a printout of the application form which will be required for any future use. Candidates without the printed copy of the application form will not be allowed to enter into the examination hall.
The applicants need to be aware of the LSAT 2019 exam pattern in order to better prepare themselves for the examination and stay ahead of the competition. Knowledge of exam pattern also helps the candidate prevent any surprises before writing the exam. All the details of the examination are provided in the table below:
|Examination Mode||Offline pen and paper-based|
|Question Types||Objective based multiple choice questions|
|Examination Section||4 sections: 1. Analytical Reasoning, 2. Logical Reasoning – I, 3. Logical Reasoning – II, 3. Reading Comprehension|
|Number of questions||Variable (about 92 to 100 questions) (About 24 questions for each section)|
|Exam Duration||140 minutes (35 minutes for each section)|
|Marking Scheme|| +1 for each correct answer,|
No penalty for wrong answers
The admit cards for the LSAT 2019 examination will be provided two weeks before the final deadline date for application of the examination. If you have applied for the exam, then you can go to the official website of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) to download your admit card. Login to the examination portal using the username and password provided during the application process. Click on the admit card link and download your hall ticket. Take a printout of the same as applicants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without one. Candidates need to bring any of the identity proof (PAN Card, Voter ID, etc.) along with the admit card on the exam date.
Results & Counselling
The results of the LSAT 2019 will be announced on 8th of June 2019. In order to check your results, you need to go the official website of LSAC again and log in to the portal the portal using registration number and password provided during the registration process. The result obtained can be used for admissions into college only for the 2019 counselling process of the participating institutions.
LSAC or any other concerned body such as Pearson VUE will only be responsible for the smooth conduction of the examination. Any admission or counselling process with the LSAT score will be the sole responsibility of the participating institutions accepting the scores. In order to gain admission into the desired institutions, candidates have to directly contact the institution regarding the admission process. The admission process will begin only when the concerned institution desires so. There are various colleges in India which accept LSAT score for admissions into it’s various law programs and candidates can confidently take the examination to gain admissions into one of the best law schools in the country.