LSAT 2018: Registration, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, LSAT India
Lsat 2018 Dates India, Lsat Colleges India, Lsat Application Form 2018, Lsat 2018 Registration, Colleges Under Lsat, Lsat Colleges India 2018
LSAT India Application Form 2018 – Pearson VUE has released the LSAT India 2018 application form online on October 4, 2017 and the last date to apply is May 4, 2018. The application fee of LSAT India is Rs. 3800 and it can be paid online. The LSAT India application process can be divided into seven steps, which includes registration, entering details and uploading of candidate’s photograph, selecting law program, test centre and associated colleges, entering academic details, providing additional personal details, agreeing to the terms and conditions and payment of application fees. After submitting the LSAT India application form 2018, applicants can make changes in their academic details and list of selected associated colleges only.
About LSAT India 2018
Law School Admission Test India is a national level law entrance test held across the country by Pearson VUE on behalf of USA-based Law School Admission Council (LSAC). LSAT India 2018 is held offline for admission to the law programmes of over 80 law schools across India. The test includes 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) divided into four sections – Analytical Reasoning, 1st Logical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. The duration of the test is 2 hours 20 minutes and for each section, applicants will be provided 35 minutes. LSAT India exam checks the reasoning and reading skills of test takers.
LSAT India Registration Schedule
|S.No.||LSAT India application events||Dates|
|1.||Issuance of LSAT India application form||October 4, 2017|
|2.||Last date to apply for LSAT India||May 4, 2018|
|3.||LSAT India exam date||May 20, 2018|
- LSAT India registration fee will be 3800/-without official LSAT India handbook.
- The application fee can be paid through credit card/debit card.
For LSAT 2018, there is no specified eligibility is prescribed by the LSAC. However, eligibility criteriavary from institution to institution. Candidates can check the eligibility of the institution where they want to get admission. Below we are mentioning some basic eligibility for law courses:
For BA LLB course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized board.
- Minimum Marks:Candidate must obtain the minimum 45% marks.
For LLB courses:
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates should have a bachelor degree in any subject.
- Minimum Marks:Must score the minimum 45% marks in aggregate in qualifying exam.
For LLM course:
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates should have passed 3 years of LLB or 5 years of BA. LL.B programme.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure 45% marks in aggregate.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
LSAT Result 2018 for LLB courses. The result will be announced online on the official portal of LSAT by Pearson VUE. The result for CLAT is declared in the third week of July 2018. The result will consist of the merit list on the basis of marks of the candidates. The candidates will be called on the basis of merit list for the counseling. The LSAT authority releases result for different courses provided by the university. The Result of LSAT has been announced by Pearson VUE. The test scores and result of LSAT India 2017 will be reported on a percentile basis. As per LSAT India 2017 result, each test-takers’ performance will be compared to others of candidate’s group, classified as the five-year integrated undergraduate and two-year post graduate.
The correct number of questions answered by the candidate will decide the result. There will be a total of 120 questions and candidate will be able to tick maximum correct out of it. Applicants should download the result and should preserve the score till the admission procedure is complete for further use in LSAT.
Procedure to fill LSAT India application form 2018
LSAT India application form 2018 is available online. The complete LSAT India application process can be divided into seven steps. Check the step-wise procedure to fill LSAT India 2018 application form given below –
- LSAT India registration
- Providing personal details and uploading scanned image of candidate’s photograph
- Selection of law program, test center and associated colleges
- Providing academic details
- Entering additional personal details
- Agreeing to terms and conditions
- Payment of fees
List of Documents Required at the Time of Admission
Candidates will be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- LSAT 2018 Rank Card
- LSAT 2018 Hall Ticket
- SSC/Intermediate/Equivalent Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Provisional/Degree Certificate
- Study/Residence Certificate – To prove status as the residence of India or any other country as the proof of residency only.
- SC/ST/OBC/Caste or community certificate if applicable
- Transfer Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate or White Household Card
List Of Participating Colleges In LSAT 2018
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University Bangalore
ITM Law School Gurgaon
School of Law, Ansal University Gurgaon
AURO University, School of Law Surat
Jindal Global Law School Sonipat
School of Law, Gitam University Visakhapatnam
Central India College of Law Nagpur
JSS Law College Mysore
School of Law, K. R. Mangalam University Gurgaon
College of Legal Studies Dehradun
K.L.E. Society’s Law College Bangalore
School of Law, Noida International University Noida
Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Dehradun
Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Gangtok
Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Jaipur
ICFAI Law School, IFHE Hyderabad
MATS Law School, MATS University Raipur
School of Law, Sharda University Greater Noida
G H Raisoni Law School Nagpur
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Kharagpur
The official website will consist of the detailed syllabus for LSAT. The University will release notification for candidates appearing for the LLB courses that are the official syllabus. The Institute will release the updated syllabus as soon as released by the officials.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs– To prepare for this section, the candidates are required to be familiar with the latest happening in the national and international levels. Also, they are required to have a good grip over general knowledge. In the general awareness section, the candidates can go through the static topics. For this section, the candidates are advised to go through books on General Knowledge and Current Affairs. The candidates can also read the newspaper and news magazines to brush up with the current affairs.
- Common Legal Knowledge– The questions in this section will be based on the various topics of law. For this section, the candidates are required go through the basic law topics and sub-topics. The questions in this section will have passages on legal propositions and sets of facts.
- Aptitude & Mental Ability– This section will comprise of questions on basic Mathematics and the candidates are also required to be comfortable with mental Math. The candidate’s ability to solve Mathematical problems within a limited time period. Regular practice of solving Mathematical problems will help the candidates to prepare for this section.
LSAT Exam Pattern 2018
The LSAT exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Exam Dates:The examination will be organized on 20th May 2018.
- Mode of Exam:The exam will be held in offline mode (pen, paper mode).
- Sections: There will total 4 sections of the question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 2 hours 20 minutes. For each section, 25 minutes will be given.
- Type of Questions: The question will be a Multiple Choice Question.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking.
|Sections||Questions (Approx)||Duration of Exam|
|First Logical Reasoning||24||35|
|Second Logical Reasoning||24||35|
|96-100 questions||2 hours and 20 minutes|
The LSAT India 2018 test will be organized in the following cities:
- North:Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow, Dehradun
- South:Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- East:Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Guwahati, Patna
- West:Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur, Indore