This article gives you complete information about the LIC AAO (Assistant Administrative Officer) post. It describes the job profile, salary, working hours, Exam pattern and more.
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is the largest Life Insurance Company in India having 2048 Branches and 109 Divisional Offices. The Life Insurance Corporation of India was founded in 1956 when the Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act that nationalized the private insurance industry in India. Over 245 insurance companies and provident societies were merged to create the state-owned Life Insurance Corporation of India.
With many public sector insurance organizations coming up with recruitment’s, candidates are very eager to know about the LIC AAO Salary & Job Profile.
AAO job profile involves more of administrative work more than roles involving face-to-face interactions with customers. The list is as follows:
- Inspecting and analyzing currently running policies
- Planning new schemes/policies
- Claim Processing (Filing and Management)
- Interacting with clients and resolving their queries
- Communicating across departments
- Performing other duties, time to time, as specified by your officer-in-charge.
The LIC AAO job profile does not involve traveling extensively but at times, they may have to visit certain areas for follow up & not specifically for sales.
The recruitment LIC AAO 2017 has the four phases.
- After the successful submission of the application form. The online exam date will be announced.
- The online exam will be conducted in every state, throughout the country.
- After the selection in the online examination, you will get an interview call from the recruiter.
- Now next step will be the medical examination.
- The last step is document verification.
The exam pattern plays an important role in preparation as you will get the brief idea about the structure of the exam. To make your answers accurate at the perfect time, you should prepare for the exam according to the exam pattern. So here we will tell you about the LIC AAO 2017 exam pattern.
NO. OF QUESTIONS
Promotions in LIC are a hard thing to come by, since it takes at least 8 years to become eligible for promotion. The scale is:
- LIC AAO
- ADM – Assistant Divisional Manager
- DM – Divisional Manager
- ZM – Zonal Manager
The Insurance Sector follows a non-proactive promotion policy.
There are also chances to move to other departments through internal posting based on your performance / Inclination. There you can become Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) and then Branch Manager (BM).
The various Departments are as follows:
- New Business
- Information Technology
- Policy Servicing
- Marketing / Sales
Some of these departments work at Zonal, Divisional & Central Office Levels Only.
Benefits and Perks:
- Defined Contributory Pension
- Special Allowance for passing Actuarial Examination
- Cash Medical Benefit
- Group Mediclaim
- Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Group Insurance
- Vehicle Loan (2-wheeler/4-wheeler) as per rules.
- Pay scale of an LIC AAO is 17240-840(14)-29000-910(4)-32640 (Under Revision)
- Total emoluments including House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance in a metropolitan city will be approximately INR 40,245 per month.
A newly recruited AAO will be on probation for one year which is extendable up to 2 years. In addition to this, before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give the undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including probationary period).
In case a candidate fails to serve the minimum serving period, then he/she will be liable to pay damages of Rs.200, 000/-only (Rupees Two Lakhs only).
LIC AAO is a lower level managerial post. After joining you are allotted one/several departments and the onus for getting the work done lies with you. You are taught human resource management, finance, project planning, and execution. The scope of work also includes Underwriting, Policy Servicing, Marketing, IT, Actuarial, Investment, Audit, etc. One can be deputed to LIC HFL, Nomura, LIC cards, GIC, III, etc. also. Overall, there is continuous learning in this career and since the insurance market itself is dynamic, the learning never stops…..!!!!
****Download EXAMIN App for Practice****