KCET 2018: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus
KCET 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. KCET 2018 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. This exam is also called as Karnataka CET (K CET/Kar CET). Karnataka CET is managed by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) under the aegis of Karnataka University. KCET 2018 is the gateway for admission in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, etc. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into various institutions/colleges situated in Karnataka state. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about KCET 2018 including application details, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus.
KCET 2018 Important dates (Tentative)
|Availability of online application will commence from||Probably in January 2018|
|Deadline for online application form submission||March 2018|
|Last date for the application fee payment||Perhaps in February 2018|
|Release of Admit card||April 2018|
|Date of entrance test (Mathematics & Biology)||May 2018|
|Date of entrance test (Chemistry & Physics)||May 2018|
|Exam date of Kannada Language Test (only in Bangalore)||May 2018|
|Result announcement||Most Probably in May 2018|
|Counselling starts from||Most likely in June 2018|
Application Fee For KCET 2018 Test
The Application Fee for the Entrance test is Rs.650 and also based on the course selected by the student. The Application Fee is applied for UG and PG courses below, Candidates can submit the fee Payment of the Application fee can be pay through online mode. The Payment of Application Fee is refundable.
|Category||Application Fee||Bank Charges||E-Post Office Charges|
|General/OBC||Rs.650||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
|SC/ST/Category||Rs.500||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
|Candidates qualifying Pre-University and 12th standard from state other than Karnataka||Rs.750||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
KCET Exam Pattern 2018 – Kar CET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Latest KCET Exam Paper Pattern 2018|
|S.NO||Test Type||Subject Name||No of Questions||Total Marks||Test Duration|
|1.||Objective Type||Mathematics||60||60||80 Min|
- It is an Objective Based written test i.e the question paper contains Multiple Choice Questions.
- The Test Paper is conducted in 80Minutes Duration.
- Each Question carries ONE Mark only.
- NO negative marking for incorrect answer.
- There will be marking criteria for Karnataka Language.
KCET Eligibility Criteria
Candidate has to check they are eligible for applying or not if the candidate didn’t know about the basic detail they can face difficulty at the time of admission process. Candidate of an Indian citizen or Non-resident Indians (NRI), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card holders are also eligible to apply.
Before filling the application form candidates can check their KCET exams eligibility criteria Nationality, Age Limit Criteria, Qualification Criteria, etc given below:
Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Non-resident Indians with the valid passport can also apply under seat reserved for NRI category.
- Overseas citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible for admissions to seats under NRI category.
Age Limit Criteria:
- Pharmacy, Engineering:There is no age limit, minimum or maximum has been mentioned for admission in these courses.
For Engineering course:
- Pass in 2ndPUC/12th or equivalent exam with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and English as a language subject.
- Candidates must have secured 45% marks in physics & mathematics along with any one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer for general candidates and 40% marks for reserved categories.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- For architecture, candidates have to qualify the NATA examination.
For Pharmacy/Science courses:
- Candidates should have cleared 2ndPUC/12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English as a language subject.
- Students must have obtained 50% marks in PCB group for general categories and 40% marks for reserved categories.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
KCET 2018 Admit Card
- The competent authority will issue admit card to the candidates found eligible.
- The admit card will be available on official website probably in the month of April, 2018.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from the website. The authority will not send admit card to anyone through post.
- Admit card will contain the information regarding exam date, venue of the exam, candidate’s name and roll number etc.
- Candidates have to carry admit card while appearing in the exam otherwise entry will not be possible.
Karnataka CET Syllabus 2018
The KEA CET Syllabus 2018 topics are here for you. The list of available topics in the written test. Firstly, note down the sub-topics under each category and start the test preparation. The Various Syllabus covered topics are as follows. The Karnataka CET Syllabus and Test pattern will act as a Guide for the exam preparation. You can schedule your KCET Preparation based on the Exam Pattern and checking the kea cet syllabus. Also, visit the Karnataka Educational Authority official website www.kea.kar.nic.in for more updates about the 2018 exam.
Karnataka CET Exam Syllabus – Physics
- Physical World & Measurement
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Practical Oriented questions
- Oscillations & Waves
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body
- Work, Energy & Power
- Laws of Motion
KCET Engineering Exam Syllabus – Chemistry
- Redox Reactions.
- Organic Chemistry: some basic Principles and Techniques.
- Some p-Block Elements.
- S-Block Elements.
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties.
- The structure of Atom.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry.
- Gases and Liquids.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure.
- Practical Oriented Questions.
- Environmental Chemistry.
KCET Syllabus – Mathematics
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry.
- Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry.
- Differential calculus.
- Integral calculus.
- Ordinary Differential Equations.
- Linear Programming.
KCET 2018 Result
KCET Result will be announced in the 3rd week of May 2018 through online.Candidate may get the result by enter the hall ticket number on official website.The result shows the candidate Name,marks,rank,roll number,exam center and other information.Candidate must take the print of the result for future reference.
The process of counselling starts from June 2018 (tentatively). The shortlisted applicants will be invited for counselling according to their merit rank. Candidates should attend the counseling process personally along with the original documents as per the given schedule. The allotment of seats is done on the basis of on candidate’s performance in the entrance examination, seat availability & filled preference.