IIFT 2019 examinations will be held by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade for its two-year residential program. IIFT is one of the most well-known institutions in India and it holds the exam in the month of May every year. The examination is held offline in pen and paper-based test and is conducted throughout India in 20 major cities. In addition to the written test, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) will be held to select the candidates. The candidates selected will be admitted into either of its Kolkata, Delhi and Kakinada campuses. The reservation of seats will be provided according to government norms. All the information regarding the examination pattern are provided in the table below:
|Examination Mode||Offline pen and paper-based test|
|Types of questions||Objective based multiple choice questions|
|Number of questions||114 questions|
|Duration of the examination||120 minutes|
|Syllabus|| English Comprehension (36 questions),|
General Knowledge and Answers (25 questions),
Logical Reasoning (42 questions),
Quantitative Analysis (20 questions)
|Marking Scheme|| +1 mark for every correct answer.|
-1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Additional tests||Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)|
Important Dates of IIFT 2019
Candidates interested in writing IIFT 2019 need to keep the following dates in mind. The dates will not be extended under any circumstances unless specified so. The examination is held only once per year and it is in the best interest of the candidates to perform the tasks immediately after the commencement of the respective dates.
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Registration Process begins from||August (1st week), 2019|
|Registrations end in||September (4th week), 2019|
|Venue change option available till||November (1st week), 2019|
|Admit card provision||November (3rd week), 2019|
|IIFT 2019 examination||December (1st week), 2019|
|Result Announcement||January (1st week), 2020|
|Selection Process begins from||February 2020|
|Declaration of the final list||April 2020|
Only those candidates who match the eligibility criteria will be allowed to write the examination. Check the eligibility criteria and only then proceed to write the examination. No relaxation in any of the eligibility will be provided to candidates under any circumstances.
- Should have a minimum of bachelor’s degree from any of the recognised institutions. Final year students of any recognised courses are also eligible to write the examination.
- The minimum secured marks in the graduation degree must be 50%, 45% in the case of reserved category candidates.
- Candidates of any age are eligible to write the examination.
- Candidates who hail from outside India including foreign nationals can do so with a valid GMAT score.
How to apply for IIFT 2019
The application procedure for the examination can be done through online mode only. Any attempts to provide offline applications will be summarily rejected. In case of any extension in the deadline dates, the announcement will be provided in the official website and the aspirants have to check in to the website to be aware of them. In order to apply for the IIFT 2019 examination, the candidates have to take to following steps.
- Go to the official website of the IIFT 2019 examination.
- Register for an account using a valid email ID. The registration number and password will be provided once the email address is confirmed
- Fill all the fields with complete and correct information. Applications with any of the details missing or provided incorrectly will not be provided with an admit card.
- Take a soft copy of the candidate’s photograph and signature and upload it in the required fields. Upload any other additional documents required such as reservation certificate.
- Select the test centre in which you wish to write the test. An additional amount of ₹ 1000 has to be provided in case if the candidate wishes to change the test centre in the future.
- Proceed to pay the application fees through any of the online payment methods. The application fees are ₹1650, the application fees for reserved category candidates is ₹825. The fees paid are non-refundable.
- Press the SUBMIT button to complete the application process.
- Take a hard copy of the application form candidates won’t be allowed into the examination venue without the printout.
Answer Key and Results
The answer key will be released immediately after the completion of the exam. Candidates who wrote the exam can check their answers with the answer key to hone their expectations. Based on this, the candidates can decide to whether prepare for the upcoming rounds or move on to other examinations. The answer key can be accessed from any of the coaching institutions or from the official website of IIFT.
The Results will be announced on the 1st week of January. To view the result card the candidate has to:
- Go to the official portal of the examination.
- Log in to the portal using the registration number and password provided during registration process.
- Click on the results link to view the results. The results card will consist of the overall score as well as sectional score.
- If the score is above the minimum required cutoff, then the candidate can download the scorecard as it will be required for the next rounds.
Cutoff and selection process
The minimum qualifying cutoff will be declared with the results and candidates have to check if they meet the minimum required score to see whether they are eligible to participate in the next round. The cutoff will be calculated based on the number of seats available, the number of test takers and difficulty level of the test. The cutoff required will be unique to each category of students. The candidates who have scored above the minimum required cutoff will be called for the next process, that is, group discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and written test. The weightage of each round will be provided are:
|IIFT 2019 written examination||65%|
The final selection of candidates will be based on their overall performance in all the rounds. The written test, Personal Interview and Group Discussion rounds will be held in the month of January or February. During this process, the candidate’s confidence level, current affairs knowledge, communication skills, personality and interaction skills will be judged. The final selection of candidates will be declared in the month of April. The candidates will be called for the counselling process and they are expected to bring the following documents with them:
- Scorecard of the IIFT 2019 examination
- Admit card of IIFT 2019
- Any government approved identity card