How to apply for IB ACIO Recruitment 2017 in Mha (Step by Step Guide)
Intelligence Bureau has released the official notification for the post of ACIO (Assistant Central Intelligence Officer) Grade II officers under the ministry of home affairs. Intelligence Bureau (IB) Recruitment 2017 for 1430 ACIO-II/ Executive Posts. Applying online for IB ACIO 2017 made easy.
Below are the list of online registration steps to follow to submit your IB ACIO application form 2017:
- All the candidates who wish to apply online for the post of ACIO IB 2017 can apply through an online mode from the official website of Intelligence Bureau.
- Firstly, candidates have to go through the official website of IB at //mha.nic.in/vacancies.
- Students are required to click on the link of Assistant Central Intelligence Bureau to apply online.
- Then, a PDF will open. You have to click on Proceed.
- Now, fill up the required details and do cross check them again before submitting.
- Now upload the scanned photograph & Signature with the mentioned dimensions.
- At last, pay the requisite fees & Make sure that you save a copy of the application form once you have submitted it.
IB ACIO 2017 Admit Card:
Availability of Admit Card
Date of Tier I Exam
October 15, 2017
Date of Tier II exam
January 7, 2017
The Ministry of Home Affairs, Intelligence Bureau will release the IB ACIO Grade II Admit Card 2017 for the position Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II/Executive. The candidates who had successfully completed their Bachelor’s Degree and looking for a job in government sectors could have applied for this recruitment. For recruiting the candidates the organization, Ministry of Home Affairs, Intelligence Bureau will be conducting a written test.
IB ACIO 2017 Application Fee:
There is no fee for all women’s irrespective of reservations. So women applicants need not to pay application fee for IB recruitment 2017. Male candidates from General & OBC categories need to pay very nominal fee of Rs: 100 while applying online for IB ACIO 2017.
- General (Male) and OBC (Male): Rs: 100
- SC/ST/All female: Nil
IB ACIO 2017 Exam Pattern:
Candidates needs to qualify the three stages to get selected in Assistant Central Intelligence Officer with the Intelligence Bureau of India.
The 3 stages of IB ACIO Exam are as follows:
IB Exam Pattern for Prelims Tier – I:
- This is an Objective Test.
- The Tier I Stage is a written exam of 1 hour.
- This will have four different sections of 100 marks.
- A candidate can appear for Tier II only after qualifying Tier I.
- For each wrong answer, there is Negative Marking of 0.25 marks.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern for Prelims Tier II:
- The Mains Exam will be of 50 marks.
- This is a Written Descriptive Paper.
- The Minimum Cut off for Tier II is 33%.
Essay (1 Topic)
IB ACIO Pattern for Interview:
- Final stage i.e. the Interview will consist of 100 marks.
- On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates will be short listed for the Interview.
- The final selection of the candidates will be based on the combined score of Tier I, Tier II & Interview.
IB ACIO 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- Age limit: Based on IB ACIO eligibility criteria, the age of the candidate should be between 18 to 27 years.
- Educational Qualifications: According to IB ACIO 2017 notification, candidates must have completed their Graduation or equivalent course from a recognized University. In addition to that, applicants must also require bit of computer knowledge.
However, age relaxation provided for the reserved category candidates and it follows as:
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Widows/Divorced Woman (OBC) – 8 years
- Widows/Divorced Woman (SC/ST) – 10 years
IB ACIO 2017 Exam Dates:
The Intelligence Bureau announced the complete schedule of IB ACIO 2017 and it follows as:
- IB ACIO 2017 – Tier 1 Exam Date: 15-10-2017.
- IB ACIO 2017 – Tier 2 Exam Date: December.
- IB ACIO Interview Schedule: Feb 2018.
IB ACIO 2017 Cut-off (Expected):
A candidate who desires to appear for the IB ACIO 2017 exam are advised to check these expected cut-off scores for IB Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Exam. The for different categories is given below.
Documents need to carry on Exam Date:
The applicants will need to carry any identity proof from the below specified along with hall ticket to the exam centre for security purpose:
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Or any other id issued by state or central govt.
- Any other identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer
IB ACIO 2017 Job Profile:
The job of an Assistant Central Intelligence Officer in Intelligence Bureau is of sensitive nature. Hence it is not directly allowed / suggested for any current employees to divulge information on the job profile. Some reviews are available online from anonymous personnel’s, albeit very old and may not be applicable any longer. Such candidates are advised to apply for IB ACIO Grade 2 2017 who wish to work in Intelligence Bureau.
IB ACIO 2017 Pay Scale:
Pay scale is Rs. 9300-34,800 (PB-2) with GP Rs. 4200
CPC Fitment Factor
Net Salary (approx.)
- Pay in the Pay Band + Grade Pay which is known as Basic Pay +
- Dearness Allowance on Basic Pay to compensate the price increase and revised twice a year as per Government of India orders.
- Transport Allowance is admissible at prescribed rates based on the Grade of pay and classification of cities as per Government of India orders. It ranges from Rs. 400 to 3200/- depending on the city of posting and Grade Pay held by the employee. Dearness Allowance on Transport Allowance is also admissible +
- House Rent Allowance at prescribed rates on Basic Pay. It varies from 10% to 30% of the Basic Pay depending on the classification of the City of posting as per Government of India orders.
IB ACIO 2017 Work Timings:
As an Assistant in Intelligence Bureau, you will have a proper work schedule. Daily you will be going in the morning and coming back to your home in the evening, no extra work hours and working in shifts.
IB ACIO 2017 Career Path:
As an Assistant in Intelligence Bureau, you will have the following career path:
IB ACIO 2017 Training:
The candidate has to undergo physical training with a routine that comprises of a lot of running and exercising. This is mainly done to make the candidates fit and healthy. The time period for training is two months. The second phase of training is mostly theoretical where seniors deliver lectures in classes to prepare the recruits mentally also. This period also continues for next two months.
IB ACIO 2017 Job Posting:
- IB ACIO is a much unpredicted job, one can be posted in any state including border regions.
- It is one of the very risky jobs. Hence, female candidates are not posted on the border and Naxalist region.
IB ACIO Risk Handling:
Being an ACIO, the risk is always going to follow the recruit wherever he/she may go. They need to act spontaneously to the situation and handle it wisely or the situation may pose a threat to their well-being.
The recruits need to have social skills, must be alert at all times of the operation. They must know how to manage or overcome any possible danger that can be hazardous to the society or themselves. As per safety issue, your physical safety is their prime concern and even if you are posted in tensed area in North-East or Kashmir a team is always there for your physical safety.
IB officer is not on any front; their job is to collect input from their sources, which can be done even sitting in the office. While being in such a job u needs to forget about privacy. Whatever the rules and protocols are there, one will have to follow proper and in the way instructed. Needless to say, u will also be in their eyes and monitor. This is done so as to avoid defections and breach.
IB ACIO 2017 Advantages & Disadvantages:
- Interesting unpredictable job profile.
- Has a lot of Respect and Social Status.
- Every district has its own challenges. So, profile varies with every transfer you get.
- Promotions are less and slower.
- The risk is always there. If you act foolishly, and go to a Naxal zone and announce you are an Officer, you may end up being dead.
- You can be posted anywhere. Family Stability and Metro Postings will be less. But most of the work happens in the District HQ, so it is a Tier 2 City/Town.
Study Plan for IB ACIO 2017:
Since, now you know the Exam Pattern, you need to analyse certain things to prepare for IB ACIO Exam. This exam can be tricky and of a higher level and to crack these exams you have to:
- Be consistent with your regular studies &
- Attain good speed
Hence, note down the following points in mind before starting with your preparation:
- Sections in which you are poor & don’t know the methods to approach.
- Sections in which you are average & need more practice.
- The Sections which you know very well.
After noting down these things, you can easily figure out the topics you need to give more attention. Also, you can analyse how much time you have to allocate for studying. Based on your analysis prepare a proper Study Schedule for yourself and follow it on a serious note.