HSEE 2019 (Humanities and Social Science Entrance Examination) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras for its various 5 years integrated Master of Arts programme. Currently, IIT-M is offering two courses, integrated MA in development studies and integrated MA in English Studies, under this examination. These programmes were introduced to diversify the courses offered by the institute. The examination will be held in 17 cities throughout India. A total of 92 seats are available under this programme. Only 2 out of 100 applicants are selected for courses under this test. The exam pattern of HSEE 2019 are:
|Examination Type||2 parts (Part I & Part II)|
|Mode of Examination|| Part I – Computer-based Multiple Choice Questions,|
Part II – Pen-and-Paper based Descriptive Type Questions
|Exam Duration||150 minutes (Part I), 30 minutes (Part II)|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Marking Scheme||Part I – English (25%), Analytics & QA (25%), General Studies (50%)|
Part II – Essay Writing
Important Dates of HSEE 2019
Students who are interested in writing HSEE 2019 examination need to keep the following dates in mind. Extensions of dates for candidates who missed out on any of the dates will not be provided under any circumstances. It is in the best interest of students to complete the necessary tasks immediately after the concerned dates appear.
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Application process||December 12, 2018 – January 23, 2019|
|Final fess payment date||January 24, 2019|
|Admit card availability||March 20, 2019 – April 21, 2019|
|HSEE 2019 examination||April 21, 2019|
|Declaration of Results||May 13, 2019|
|Availability of offer letter||May 14, 2019|
Candidates interested in appearing for this year’s HSEE examination need to check the following eligibility criteria. Admit cards will be provided only to those candidates who match the criteria, even if the applicant has submitted completely filled application forms and has paid the application fees.
- Must have completed their +2 examination from any of the recognised board of examination. Candidates who have done their 2 years under Joint services wing of NDA are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5 subjects in their 12 standard syllabi.
- Must have secured more than 60% overall aggregate score in their +2 board examination. A relaxation of 5% is given to SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- The candidate must be born on or after October 1st 1994. A relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates belonging to any of the reserved categories mentioned above.
How to apply for HSEE 2019
Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can take the following steps to successfully apply for the HSEE 2019 examination. Candidates must keep in note that only completed application forms before the deadline date will be considered for the examination. In order to apply one must:
- Go to the official website of IIT Madras and click on the HSEE 2019 link.
- Register in the examination portal with the help of a valid email ID.
- Provide complete and correct details in all the required fields. Candidates must keep in mind that applications with incomplete details will be rejected.
- Upload scanned copies of all the required documents. A list of necessary documents is provided in the below section. The scanned copies must be in JPEG/JPG format in given dimensions and size.
- After uploading the documents, candidates can click on the finalise button and the page will transition to the payments page. An application fee of ₹2400 must be paid through any of the online payment methods. SC, ST and PWD candidates must pay an application fee of ₹1200. Provision of fee payment through offline means are also provided.
Documents required at the time of applying
Candidates must keep the scanned copy of the following documents in hand at the time of application. All the documents must be in JPG/JPEG format and should not be more than 30KB in size. In case any of the following documents are missing from the application form after the deadline date, the application will be summarily rejected.
- Passport sized photograph of the candidate.
- Signature of the candidate.
- Signature of the candidate’s parents or guardian.
- 10th standard marksheet for proof.
- 12th standard board examination mark sheet, if the candidate has completed 12th standard.
- Caste certificate, if applicable.
- Medical certificates for candidates applying for PWD quota.
The admit card HSEE 2019 will be released 1 month before the commencement of the examination. Only to those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have provided a completed filled application form, the admit cards will be given. To obtain their respective admit cards a candidate must:
- Go to the official website of IIT Madras.
- Click on the link of HSEE 2019 admit card.
- Enter the email address and password which you had provided at the time of registration to login to your respective account.
- Download the admit card.
- Take a printout of it for any future use. Candidates without the will not be permitted inside the examination hall.
Result & Selection Procedure
The results for the HSEE 2019 examination will be declared on May 13, 2019, along with a rank list of the selected students. Only those candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% in the examination will be allowed to participate in the examination. To view your result, go to the examination portal and login to your respective account. Along with the score obtained, the category of the candidates will also influence the shortlisting of the merit list. The order of preference in determining the rank list in case of a tie is:
- Marks obtained in Part II (Essay) of the examination.
- Marks obtained in the General Studies of Part I.
- Marks obtained in the Analytical Ability of Part I.
A separate merit list will be prepared for candidates belonging to different categories. The offer letter for the shortlisted candidates will be sent the next day after the results are declared.