List of Latest Current Affairs Important Questions and Answers:
1. Which country will host 36th International Geological Congress 2020?
(A) Nepal (B) Pakistan (C) India (D) Sri Lanka (Ans : C)
2. Who is appointed as the chairman of 15th Finance Commission?
(A) NK Singh (B) VP Dubey (C) Arvind Pangariya (D) Giriraj Singh (Ans : A)
3. Wassenaar Arrangement recently announced the entry of which of the following country into its arrangement?
(A) India (B) China (C) Israel (D) Vietnam (Ans : A)
4. Who is the first Indian woman physician who was honoured with the Google Doodle recently?
(A) Neelima Mukherjee (B) Rukhmabai Raut (C) Yashoda Bai (D) Shreya Gupta (Ans : B)
5. Who was appointed as the Director General of Doordarshan News?
(A) Salil Parekh (B) Supriya Sahu (C) Veena Jain (D) Ira Joshi (Ans : D)
6. Aditya L-1 Mission is related with the study of___?
(A) Saturn (B) Moon (C) Sun (D) Pluto (Ans : C)
7. The Nano-cocoon developed recently by IIT-M will function as :
(A) Increasing silk production (B) Potential drug delivery system
(C) Enhancing healthcare sector (D) Controlling Air pollutants (Ans : B)
8. Which among the following organisation has ranked India as third in the list of most trusted governments?
(A) WEF (B) WTO (C) IMF (D) OECD (Ans : A)
9. Which among the following instant messaging app has tied up with Airtel Payments Bank to power its wallet?
(A) Hike (B) Whatsapp (C) Line (D) Telegram (Ans : A)
10. Global entrepreneurship summit 2017 was held in which city?
(A) Lucknow (B) Ahmedabad (C) Hyderabad (D) Kolkata (Ans : C)
11. US President recognized Jerusalem as capital of Israel and has announced to shift the embassy of US to Jerusalem. The US embassy in Israel is currently based in which city?
(A) Haifa (B) Jaffa (C) Tel Aviv (D) Nazareth (Ans : C)
12. Which among the following city is not included in the ‘safe-city’ plan for women?
(A) Kolkata (B) Delhi (C) Jaipur (D) Lucknow (Ans : C)
13. Recently Indian Navy has inducted first women in Indian Navy as Pilot. She belongs to which state?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Kerala (D) Uttarakhand (Ans : A)
14. Which Indian sport team was named ‘Team of the Year’ at the inaugural edition of Indian Sports Honours?
(A) Indian Women’s Cricket Team (B) Indian Men’s Cricket Team
(C) Indian Men’s Hockey Team (D) Indian Women’s Hockey Team (Ans : A)
15. Madhya Pradesh government approves project to connect which two rivers?
(A) Narmada & Tapi (B) Narmada & Parwati (C) Betwa & Chambal (D) Ken & Betwa (Ans : B)
16. According to a recent study, which among the following planet may have similar plate tectonics as Earth?
(A) Jupiter (B) Saturn (C) Mars (D) Venus (Ans: A)
17. Which city become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships in 2019.
(A) Glasgow (B) Basel (C) Lucknow (D) Canada (Ans : B)
18. World Health Organization recently declared which country as polio-free?
(A) Gabon (B) Liberia (C) Serbia (D) Libya (Ans : A)
19. Vijay Diwas, the day commemorating India’s 1971 victory over Pakistan, is observed on which date?
(A) 16 December (B) 17 December (C) 18 December (D) 19 December (Ans : A)
20. Aditya Puri was recently featured in top 20 list Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year. He belongs to which bank?
(A) Bank of India (B) ICICI Bank (C) HDFC Bank (D) IndusInd Bank (Ans : C)
21. Which of the following word is ‘Oxford Dictionary’s Word of the year?
(A) Post-truth (B) Feminism (C) Youthquake (D) Vape (Ans : C)
22. Kanchanmala Pande Wins India’s 1st World Para Swimming Championship Gold. She hails from which city?
(A) Nagpur (B) Guwahati (C) Bareilly (D) Udaipur (Ans : A)
23. India Wins First-Ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship by defeating which country?
(A) China (B) Nepal (C) South Korea (D) Japan (Ans : B)
24. Ruskin Bond was recently presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award by whom?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru University (B) Delhi School of Arts
(C) Chandigarh Literary Society (D) Society for Artistic Research (SAR) (Ans : C)
25. Who had been recently crowned as Miss Universe 2017?
(A) Manushi Chillar (B) Laura Gonzalez (C) Davina Bennett (D) Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (Ans : D)
26. Who has topped the Forbes released list of World’s Highest-Paid Women in Music 2017.
(A) Britney Spears (B) Shakira (C) Beyoncé (D) Katy Perry (Ans : C)
27. Who has become the first woman to be inducted as Pilot in Indian Navy?
(A) Shubhangi Swaroop (B) Ritu Tripathi (C) Neetu Malik (D) Deepshikha (Ans : A)
28. India’s first crypto-currency exchange ‘Coinome’ was launched by which payment gateway?
(A) Zabpay (B) Unicoin (C) Payzippy (D) Billdesk (Ans : D)
29. Which day is observed on 1 December every year?
(A) World AIDS Day (B) World Diabetes Day (C) World Peace Day (D) World TB Day (Ans : A)
30. Which country has topped the latest FIFA rankings?
(A) Germany (B) Jordan (C) North Korea (D) Bahrain (Ans : A)
31. Who among the following wins silver in U-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship
(A) Ritu Phogat (B) Bajrang Punia (C) Vinod Kumar (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
32. Which Indian Olympian clinched the gold medal in the 62kg women’s freestyle category at the Commonwealth Wrestling Championships 2017?
(A) Geeta Phogat (B) Sakshi Malik (C) Ritu Phogat (D) Mirabai Chanu (Ans : B)
33. Who is recently elected as president of Chile?
(A) Michelle Guillier (B) Sebastian Pinera (C) Ricardo Lagos (D) Eduard Luis (Ans : B)
34. Which of the following Indian Actress has been awarded with Mother Teresa Memorial Award for the year 2017?
(A) Rani Mukerji (B) Sushmita Sen (C) Aishwarya Rai (D) Priyanka Chopra (Ans : D)
35. NGT recently banned plastic items in towns located on the banks of the River __?
(A) Narmada (B) Ganga (C) Yamuna (D) Krishna (Ans : B)
36. What is the name of the debut film of Assamese film actor Biju Phukan, who passed away recently?
(A) Dr. Bezbarua (B) Aranya (C) Bowari (D) Joymoti (Ans : A)
37. Peter Baldwin Who passed away recently, had won a primetime Emmy Award for which of the following Movie?
(A) The Wonder Year (B) Teacher’s Pet (C) As Summers Die (D) Little Boy Lost (Ans : A)
38. ‘Blue Revolution is related with__?
(A) Drinking water availability (B) Combating water pollution
(C) Milk production (D) Fishery sector development (Ans : D)
39. What is India’s rank in terms of fish producing country in the world?
(A) 1st (B) 2nd (C) 3rd (D) 4th (Ans : B)
40. Who has been recently appointed as the Chairman of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NA1)?
(A) Dineshwar Mishra (B) BN Sharma (C) Bijay Kumar (D) CL Mahar (Ans : B)
41. Who has been recently appointed as India’s G 20 Sherpa?
(A) Suresh Prabhu (B) Ashwani Lohani (C) Arvind Pangariya (D) Shaktikanta Das (Ans : D)
42. SAUBHAGYA scheme is related to__?
(A) Universal household electrification (B) LPG connection to all (C) Solar energy (D) LED bulbs (Ans : A)
43. Which among the following city is not included in the recently imposed ban by Chhattisgarh state?
(A) Bhilai (B) Durg (C) Korba (D) Bilaspur (Ans : E)
44. Who will be the Convener of the task force for drafting New Direct Tax Legislation?
(A) Girish Ahuja (B) Mukesh Patel (C) Mansi Kedia (D) Arbind Modi (Ans : D)
45. Which bank has launched instant international payment services using Ripple’s enterprise blockchain technology solution?
(A) Axis Bank (B) State Bank of India (C) ICICI Bank (D) Bank of Baroda (Ans : A)
46. In which state The Namami Barak festival was held recently?
(A) West Bengal (B) Assam (C) Bihar (D) Chhattisgarh (Ans : B)
47. Who has won the personality of the year award at the International Film Festival of India 2017?
(A) Amitabh Bacchan (B) Aishwarya Rai (C) Priyanka Chopra (D) RajniKant (Ans : A)
48. What is the theme of AROGYA 2017?
(A) Enhancing the global potential of AYUSH (B) Finding the future prospects in AYUSH
(C) Scope of AYUSH in the world (D) AYUSH at global level (Ans : A)
49. With which organization Union Health Ministry signs MoU for achieving immunization target?
(A) National Institute for Health (B) Rotary India (C) WHO (D) Global Health Crops (Ans : B)
50. Who has recently resigned as the National observer for Indian boxing ?
(A) P V Sindhu (B) Mary Kom (C) Geeta Phogat (D) Ritu Phogat (Ans : B)
51. India was re-elected to which International Council recently?
(A) International Chamber of Commerce (B) International Monetary Fund
(C) International Maritime Organisation (D) International Atomic Energy Agency (Ans : C)
52. How many gold medals India won at AIBA World Women’s Youth Championships
(A) Eight (B) Ten (C) Three (D) Seven (Ans : D)
53. Which Sports personality has grabbed the Sportsman and Sports women of the year award at Indian Sports Honours?
(A) MS Dhoni & Mirabai Chanu (B) Virat Kohli & M C Marry Kom
(C) Neeraj Chopra & Aditi Ashok (D) Kidambi Srikanth & P V Sindhu (Ans : D)
54. World Minorities Rights Day is celebrated every year on __?
(A) 16 December (B) 17 December (C) 18 December (D) 19 December (Ans : C)
55. 20 December is celebrated every year as___?
(A) International Human Solidarity Day (B) International Migrants Day
(C) International Mountain Day (D) Human Rights Day (Ans : A)
56. Who has been awarded with the Big Little Book Award this year in the “Author in Bengali Language”
(A) Manish Ghatak (B) Nabaneeta Dev Sen (C) Durjoy Dutta (D) Dinabandhu Mitra (Ans : B)
57. Recently Jenny Kim was crowned as Miss Supranational 2017. Whom did she succeeded?
(A) Srinidhi Shetty (B) Tica Martinez (C) Peden Ongmu Namgyal (D) Bianca Tirsin (Ans : A)
58. Who has inaugurated the first NIC-CERT center in India?
(A) Ravi Shankar Prasad (B) Smriti Irani (C) Giriraj Singh (D) Ashok Lavasa (Ans : A)
59. First North East Development Summit was recently held in which state?
(A) Manipur (B) Mizoram (C) Assam (D) Nagaland (Ans : A)
60. Name the father of Indian DNA fingerprinting who passed away recently?
(A) D.K. Singh (B) Satyendra Nath Saha (C) Homi J Bhabha (D) Lalji singh (Ans : D)
61. Which Union Minister launched a public procurement portal ‘MSME Sambandh’ for MSMEs?
(A) Nirmala Sitharaman (B) Santosg Gangwar (C) JP Nadda (D) Giriraj Singh (Ans : D)
62. Which among the following app is launched by google to, control and save users mobile data.
(A) Netflix (B) Netlly (C) Datally (D) Datayou (Ans : C)
63. Which among the following word has been announced as the Cambridge Dictionary 2017 Word of the Year.
(A) Fate (B) Brexit (C) Youthquake (D) Feminism (Ans : E)
64. Preet Didbal has been elected as the first sikh mayor of which city in California?
(A) Yuba city (B) San Diego (C) San Jose (D) Oakland (Ans : A)
65. Professor Hiroshi Marui was recently conferred with the 3rd ICCR Distinguished Indologist Award. He hails from which country?
(A) Thailand (B) North Korea (C) Japan (D) China (Ans : C)
66. Who has become the Yahoo India’s ‘Personality of the Year ’?
(A) Yogi Adityanath (B) Virat Kohli (C) Amit Shah (D) Narendra Modi (Ans : C)
67. President of India presents to the Submarine Arm of the Indian Navy
(A) President’s Honour (B) Navel Honour (C) Royal Badge (D) President’s Colour (Ans : D)
68. What is the name of the crypto currency which is recently launched by Venezuela?
(A) CageCoin (B) Bitcoins (C) Petro (D) FlappyCoin (Ans : C)
69. India recently signed a new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in Agriculture and Phytosanitary issues with which country?
(A) Italy (B) Canada (C) Russia (D) Sri Lanka (Ans : A)
70. A new study has discovered that dark features that were earlier thought to be flowing water on this planet may actually be granular flow. Name that planet?
(A) Mercury (B) Mars (C) Venus (D) Jupiter (Ans : B)
71. Which nation is the ‘country of focus’ at the International Film Festival of India 2017?
(A) China (B) Thailand (C) Switzerland (D) Canada (Ans : D)
72. Which among the following country is not a part of BIMSTEC?
(A) India (B) Bangladesh (C) Myanmar (D) Afghanistan (Ans : D)
73. Which among the following country has recently launched remote sensing satellites which is designed to conduct electromagnetic probes and other experiments
(A) China (B) Russia (C) South Korea (D) North Korea (Ans : A)
74. Which among the following is main focus of “Mission For Protection And Empowerment For Women”?
(A) Care, protection and development of women. (B) Health of women
(C) Employment for women (D) Sanitization facilities for women (Ans : A)
75. Recently Union Cabinet approved the signing and ratifying of an agreement between India and Philippines on which of the following subject?
(A) Women empowerment (B) Enhancing solar energy
(C) Phytosanitary issues (D) Cooperation in customs matters (Ans : D)
76. Which college will be renamed as Vande Mataram Mahavidyalaya?
(A) Dyal Singh College (B) Swami Dayanand College (C) Deen Dayal Upadhaya College (D) Gargi College (Ans : A)
77. Who inaugurated the 2017 International Gita Mahotsav (IGM)?
(A) Narendra Modi (B) Santosh Gangwar (C) Yogi Adityanath (D) Ram Nath Kovind (Ans : D)
78. ‘Operation Save Kurma’ is related to which of the following Animal?
(A) Fishes (B) Great Indian Bustard (C) Lion tailed Macaque (D) Turtles (Ans : D)
79. A team of Paleontologists have announced the discovery of hundreds of fossilised eggs laid by Pterosaurs. What do you mean by Petrosaurs?
(A) A group of Goose (B) Snakes found in Ancient time
(C) a group of extinct winged dinosaurs (D) Falcons found in ancient Egypt (Ans : C)
80. Who was recently appointed as the Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India?
(A) Meena Hemchandra (B) Uma Shankar (C) KS Joshi (D) TR Ramachandran (Ans : B)
81. Which state became the first in India to offer e-mail IDs in Hindi?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Bihar (D) Jharkhand (Ans : A)
82. Mirabai Chanu became the first Indian to win a gold medal at the World Weightlifting Championship. She hails from which city?
(A) Gangtok (B) Agartala (C) Imphal (D) Guwahati (Ans : C)
83. How many silver medals Indian elite archers wins at Asian archery championship?
(A) Two (B) Four (C) Three (D) Five (Ans : B)
84. The Silence Breakers named as Times Person of the Year for 2017. It is related with?
(A) Child Labor (B) Women harassment (C) Acid attack (D) Sexual harassment (Ans : D)
85. Which among the following country has recently lifted the ban on cinema from the country?
(A) Saudi Arabia (B) Oman (C) Iran (D) Iraq (Ans : A)
86. Who has become the first woman to be appointed as Britain’s Ambassador to the United Nations (UN).
(A) Mary James (B) Soumya swaminathan (C) Preet didbal (D) Karen Pierce (Ans : D)
87. Which country was recently banned from the 2018 Winter Games by the International Olympic Committee?
(A) Russia (B) China (C) Pakistan (D) Afghanistan (Ans : A)
88. How many seats did BJP won in recently held elections in Gujrat?
(A) 99 (B) 98 (C) 95 (D) 90 (Ans : A)
89. World’s first IT campus for differently-abled persons is to be setup in which state of India?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Rajasthan (C) Karnataka (D) Telangana (Ans : D)
90. Adarsh Sein Anand who passed away recently, was __ Chief Justice of India.
(A) 30th (B) 20th (C) 29th (D) 35th (Ans : C)
91. Who has been recently appointed as the President of Zimbabwe.
(A) Gordon Chawanduka (B) Emmerson Mnangagwa (C) Robert Mugabe (D) Canaan Banana (Ans :B)
92. Which among the following place has been named as ‘Most visited place in the world’ by ‘World Book of Records’
(A) Taj Mahal (B) Golden Temple (C) Kutub Minar (D) Sanchi stupa (Ans : B)
93. Which among the following actress has been appointed as UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India?
(A) Kajol (B) Rani Mukerjee (C) Priyanka Chopra (D) Dia Mirza (Ans : D)
94. Who among the following is not a member of G20 group?
(A) Saudi Arabia (B) Germany (C) New Zealand (D) Turkey (Ans : C)
95. Pradeep Singh Kharola, has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Air India. He is well known for the successful rollout of_____
(A) Lucknow Metro Rail (B) Bangalore Metro Rail (C) Mumbai Mono Rail (D) Delhi Metro Rail (Ans :B)
96. The 6th International Tourism Mart 2017 was inaugurated in Assam. Who is the governor of Assam.
(A) Kalyan Singh (B) Ram Naik (C) Kiran Bedi (D) Jagdish Mukhi (Ans : D)
97. Which among the following word is termed as Collins Dictionary’s ‘Word of the year’?
(A) Fake news (B) Hygge (C) Throw shade (D) Trumpism (Ans : A)
98. Which Indian city was listed among the UN’s top 5 global cities that have successfully managed solid waste disposal?
(A) Pune (B) Alappuzha (C) Kochi (D) Coimbatore (Ans : B)
99. Which submarine is the first indigenously built Scorpeneclass submarine to be commissioned into the Indian navy?
(A) INS Kalvari (B) INS KhanderI (C) INS Karanj (D) INS Kursura (Ans : A)
100. Virat Kohli surpasses which cricketer for most double centuries as Test captain?
(A) Dennis lillee (B) Brian Lara (C) Ricky Ponting (D) Adam Gilchrist (Ans : B)
[table id=1 /]