Examin, an online Exam software, which also facilitates users to practice various competitive exams and take up mock tests like JEE Mock test, NEET Mock test, UPSC Mock Test, Railway exam mock test & more. In this article, Examin provides the list of General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams – Set 2 | 2018
These are very important and the latest General Knowledge Questions and answers for all competitive exams like IAS, Bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state-related exam. Practice with this huge collection of Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers.
As you know that In competitive exams, GK questions, as well as reasoning related questions, are also asked. Let’s look at some of the Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers.
1. Nobel prize is awarded for which of the following disciplines:
- Literature, peace and economics
- Medicine or Physiology
- Chemistry and Physics
- All the above
Answer: d. All the above
2. Galileo was an astronomer who
- developed the telescope
- discovered four satellites of Jupiter
- discovered that the movement of pendulum produces a regular time measurement
- All the above.
Answer: b. discovered four satellites of Jupiter
3. Sun exposure can bring about an improvement in health because of which of the following reasons:
- the infrared light kills bacteria in the body
- resistance power increases
- the pigment cells in the skin get stimulated and produce a healthy tan
- the ultraviolet rays convert skin oil into Vitamin D
Answer: d. the ultraviolet rays convert skin oil into Vitamin D
4. Who is the father of geometry?
Answer: b. Euclid
5. Indian player Jude Felix is popular for which sports?
Answer: c. Hockey
6. J.B. Dunlop is popular for which of the following inventions?
- Model airplanes
- Pneumatic rubber tire
- Rubber boot
- Automobile wheel rim
Answer: b. Pneumatic rubber tire
7. Who among the following people received the Bharat Ratna Award before becoming the President of India?
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- R. Venkatraman
- V.V. Giri
- Dr. Zakir Hussain
Answer: c. V.V. Giri
8. In memory of which of the following people is the Manav Seva Award given:
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Indira Gandhi
- Rajiv Gandhi
Answer: c. Rajiv Gandhi
9. ‘Reminiscences of the Nehru Age’ is a book written by?
- C.D. Deshmukh
- Dr. P.C. Alexander
- S.C. Rajagopalachari
10. Which of the following ‘synthetic fibers’ was discovered first?
11. The age of rock which contains uranium ores is usually estimated by:
12. A white cell count is helpful in determining whether a patient has:
- An infection
- The RH factor
Answer: a. An infection
13. The idea that hospitals should be very clean was suggested by:
14. Stainless steel is an alloy of steel and:
15. Of the following metals, the best conductor of electricity is :
16. Two objects that lose the same weight in water must have the same:
17. A metal that easily in hot water is:
19. Which of the following substance is produced during photosynthesis?
20. Seasons occur on earth because its axis is tilted. This inclination of the axis is :