Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk(ECRC) is required to be trained for three months. The job is to issue computerized reserved tickets for railway passengers and to respond to enquiries regarding the issue of the same or to help passengers plan their travel.
The responsibility of Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk is divided into 3 tasks:
- Query Handling: Assisting and responding to passenger doubts regarding travel and distance.
- Passenger Request Processing: Inputting the proper information for request according to availability and passenger’s preference.
- Handling Ticket Counter: Issuing computerized reserved tickets to railway passengers according to their destination.
Unlike other non-technical jobs, this is one job profile which is mostly indoors. Hence, it is highly favored by female candidates.
The salary or pay scale and benefits breakdown is as follows:
- Pay scale – Rs 5200 – 20,200/-
- Grade Pay – Rs 2800/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 8500/-
- Total Pay – Rs 11,360/-
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
The career growth in quite stable in terms of pay scale and grade pay. So, if you are looking for a stable job profile with fixed working hours and good pay, perhaps ECRC should be the best career options.
Below is the flow chart shows:
Single Stage Computer Based Test, Typing test followed by Document Verification.
If not gone through below Job descriptions:
- Traffic Apprentice job description Click here!!
- Commercial Apprentice Job description Click here!!!
- Goods Guard Job description Click here!!!
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA) Click here!!!
- Senior Clerk-Cum-Typist Click here!!!
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) Click here!!!
- Senior Time Keeper Click here!!!