This article gives the details on the IDBI Bank Education Loan such as Interest Rate, Eligibility, Courses offered, Expenses covered & more.
IDBI Bank Educational Loan Scheme
An installment based loan for all courses mentioned below:
Studies in India:
- Graduation courses: BA, B.Com., B.Sc., etc.
- Post Graduation courses: Masters & PhD
- Professional courses: Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computer etc.
- Computer certificate courses of reputed institutes accredited to Dept. of Electronics or institutes affiliated to the university.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc
- Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI. NIFT etc
- Courses offered in India by reputed foreign universities.
- Evening courses of approved institutes.
- Other courses leading to diploma/ degree etc. conducted by colleges/ universities approved by UGC/ Govt./ AICTE/ AIBMS/ ICMR etc.
- Courses offered by National Institutes and other reputed private institutions. Banks may have the system of appraising other institution courses depending on future prospects/ recognition by user institutions.
Graduation: For job oriented professional/ technical courses offered by reputed universities. Post graduation: MCA, MBA, MS, etc. Courses conducted by CIMA- London, CPA in the USA etc.
Regular Degree/Diploma courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/Shipping. In case the course is pursued abroad, the Institute should be recognized by the competent local aviation/shipping authority.
Maximum loan amount :
- Study in India-Rs.10 lakhs
- Study Abroad -Rs.20 lakhs
- Studies in India – upto Rs. 4 lac- Nil
- above Rs. 4 lac- 5% of the total course expenses
- Studies abroad – 15% of the total course expenses
Expenses Covered under Loan
- Fee payable to college/ school/ hostel
- Examination/ Library/ Laboratory fee
- Purchase of books/ equipments/ instruments/ uniforms
- Caution deposit/ building fund/ refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/ receipts
- Travel expenses/ passage money for studies abroad Purchase of computers – essential for completion of the course
- Any other expense required to complete the course – like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.`
- Insurance premium for student borrower.
|Sanction amount up to Rs.10 lakhs||10.75% (BR+1.00%)|
|Sanction amount above Rs. 10 lakhs||11.75% (BR+2.00%)|
|Vocational Courses||10.75% (BR+1.00%)|
|Education Loans for students studying in Premier Education Institutes (including ISB)||9.75% (BR+0.00%)|
|Education Loan for other students who secured admission under Management Quota.||13.25% (BR+3.50%)|
About IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank’s Education Loan scheme comprises of four variants which are as under :
Loan for Chartered Accountancy Course offered by ICAI and Education Loan for Special Courses) Click Here for details
Educational Loan scheme for Vocational Courses Click Here for details
Education Loan scheme for the other students secured admission through Management Quota Click Here for details
Education Loan under Financial Inclusion Program (FIP) Click Here for details
To know General terms & conditions Click Here