Examin, an online Exam software, which also facilitates users to practice various competitive exams and take up mock tests like JEE Mock test, NEET Mock test, UPSC Mock Test, Railway exam mock test & more. In this article, Examin provides some of the Current Affairs and General Knowledge Questions with Answers – 2019
These are very important and the latest General Knowledge Questions and answers for all competitive exams like IAS, Bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state-related exam. Practice with this huge collection of Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers.
As you know that In competitive exams, GK questions, as well as reasoning related questions, are also asked. Let’s look at some of the Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers.
1. Grand Central Terminal, Park Avenue, New York is the world’s
A. largest railway station
B. highest railway station
C. longest railway station
D. None of the above
Answer: A. largest railway station
2. India’s first Technicolor film ____ in the early 1950s was produced by ____
A. ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’, Sohrab Modi
B. ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’, Sir Syed Ahmed
C. ‘Mirza Ghalib’, Sohrab Modi
D. ‘Mirza Ghalib’, Munshi Premchand
Answer: A. ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’, Sohrab Modi
3. India has largest deposits of ____ in the world.
D. None of the above
Answer: C. mica
4. How many Lok Sabha seats belong to Rajasthan?
Answer: B. 25
5. India’s first atomic reactor was
Answer: C. Apsara
6. Kiran Bedi received Magsaysay Award for government service in
Answer: C. 1994
7. Philology is the
A. study of bones
B. study of muscles
C. study of architecture
D. science of languages
Answer: D. science of languages
8. Study of life in outer space is known as
Answer: B. exobiology
9. Shaurya Chakra made up of bronze is awarded for
A. gallantry otherwise than in the face of the enemy
B. most conspicuous bravery for some act of self-sacrifice
C. gallantry in the presence of the enemy
D. None of the above
Answer: A. gallantry otherwise than in the face of the enemy
10. Oxford University was founded in
A. 1139 AD
B. 1163 AD
C. 215 BC
D. 55 BC
Answer: B. 1163 AD
11. Rabindranath Tagore is also known as
Answer: B. Gurudev
12. Which country will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games between 6th and 9th November 2019?
A. Saudi Arabia
Answer – B. Qatar
13. Indo-French Conclave was held in Nagpur, Maharashtra, on 2nd November 2018, in which French and Indian firms signed 12 agreements worth _____ euro?
A. 200 million euro
B. 180 million euro
C. 500 billion euro
D. 130 million euro
Answer – A) 200 million euro
14. Name the writer who has been selected for the 2018 Ezhuthachan Puraskaram award, the highest literacy prize of the Kerala government?
A. Paramesh Nair
B. M Mukundan
C. S Sadasivam
D. Raoof Rahman
Answer: B. M Mukundan
15. Where was the 18th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of Ministers Meeting held, on 2nd November 2018?
A. New Delhi, India
B. Durban, South Africa
C. Dhaka, Bangladesh
D. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Answer: B. Durban, South Africa
16. ICICI Bank announced the partnership with ‘Amazon Pay’ to launch a co-branded credit card, ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card’ on which platform?
B. Master Card
C. American Express
Answer: A. Visa
17. Where was the Signature bridge worth Rs. 1,594 crore inaugurated on 4th November 2018?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. West Bengal
Answer: A. Delhi
18. Who will be awarded the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award by the Press Council of India (PCI) on 16th November 2018?
A. N Ram
B. Ruby Sarkar
C. VS Rajesh
D. Mihir Singh
Answer: 1) N Ram
19. Who is the author of the book “Notes of a Dream: The Authorized Biography of A.R. Rahman”, launched in Mumbai on 3rd November 2018?
A. Krishna Trilok
B. Sathish Patil
C. Mukund Pranesh
D. Saran Tiwari
Answer: A. Krishna Trilok
20. The unemployment rate in India has increased to _____% in October 2018, the highest in 2 years, as per a study by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy?
A. 7.2 %
B. 6.9 %
C. 6.5 %
D. 7.5 %
Answer: B. 6.9 %
Please comment below more general knowledge question and answers or current affairs that you come across and we shall update it.