The job profile of railways commercial apprentice is quite versatile. Since they have to supervise multiple clerical tasks, they go through a 2-year training programme. They are provided professional training in a number of commercial departments, like:
- Packaging and Goods
- Commercial Goods
- Commercial Inspection
- Parcel Management
They need to be proficient in both clerical and supervising tasks. After the end of this 2 year training, they are posted in various departments of the Indian Railway System as Commercial, Parcel or Goods Clerk, or Commercial Inspector.
The pay scale is quite decent. Apart from the regular pay, a commercial apprentice is also rewarded Dearness Allowance (DA) and Transport Allowance (TA). He/ She is eligible for House Rent Allowance (HRA) if the authorities are not able to provide with accommodation in government quarters.
- Pay Scale: Rs. 9,300 – 34,800
- Grade Pay: Rs. 4,200
A written test is conducted, namely, RRB Non-Technical Examination. It is an objective test with 4 major sections, which are
- Numerical Ability and Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- General Science
- Reasoning and Artificial Intelligence
The total marks are 100.
The training ends after 2 years and you start your professional career as a Chief Commercial Clerk. The general pattern of Railways Commercial Apprentice Career Promotion is
You get promoted only after you put a minimum set of years into your job and perform well throughout.!!!
If not gone through below Job descriptions:
- Traffic Apprentice job description Click here!!
- Goods Guard Job description Click here!!!
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA) Click here!!!
- Senior Clerk-Cum-Typist Click here!!!
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) Click here!!!
- Senior Time Keeper Click here!!!
- Equiry-Cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Click here!!!