Examin, an online Exam software, which also facilitates users to practice various competitive exams and take up mock tests like JEE Mock test, NEET Mock test, UPSC Mock Test, Railway exam mock test & more. In this article, Examin provides complete details of the Azim Premji University – Admission, Eligibility, Courses, Placement, Contact details..
About Azim Premji University:
Azim Premji University was established in Karnataka by the Azim Premji University Act 2010 as a not-for-profit University and is recognized by The University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2F.
The University was founded as one of the key responses to the constraints and challenges that the Foundation encountered both within and in the environment, and as part of a larger strategy to contribute to the Education and Development sectors in the country.
Firstly, the University has a clearly stated social purpose. As an institution, it exists to make significant contributions through education towards the building of a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society. This is an explicit commitment to the idea that education contributes to social change. At the same time, this commitment to a specific value orientation is not to be interpreted as a narrowly utilitarian view of the University. Education’s impact on society is through the changes in values and action that thinking, autonomous individuals are capable of.
Secondly, the University is part of the Foundation and integral to its vision. The synergy from the close working of the students and faculty with the Foundation’s field units will inform and enrich the programmes at the University and the field alike. The members of the Foundation as a whole have the challenging task of defining an organizational culture and processes of interaction that realise the full potential of this linkage.
Azim Premji University Courses Available:
Azim Premji University Undergraduate Programs:
Azim Premji University offers Three-year, full-time, residential Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degrees. They are 3-year programs. They are offered in the following specializations:
- B.Sc– Physics or Biology
- B.A – Economics
- B.A – Humanities
Students choose a Minor from several options including Data Sciences, Development and Sustainability, Education, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Economics and Humanities
Azim Premji University Postgraduate Programs
The Azim Premji University’s postgraduate degree programs aim to develop competent and committed professionals for the education, development and related sectors in India. It offers Specializations under each degree Program as listed below:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) Education Program – at Azim Premji University is a broad-based Program of Study that includes theory, practice, research, policy and planning in education
- Master of Arts (M.A.) Development Program at Azim Premji University aims to prepare individuals capable of informed and thoughtful development action, aware of the complexity, depth and scope of the discourse of development, its ethical imperatives and its implications for policy and action
- Master of Arts in Public Policy and Governance (MPG) – This course will prepare students to critically analyse public policy problems, programs and policies; identify and frame governance problems; provide purposive programmatic solutions, and undertake critical and impactful governance research
- LL.M. in Law and Development – The LL.M. in Law and Development is a 1-year program and will be a research and field intensive postgraduate Program in law. The Program includes mandatory courses on Law and Development, Law and Justice, Comparative Public Law and Legal Research Methods
Masters Programs in Specializations
Azhim Premji University offeres Master programs in Master of Arts in Education stream. It is a 2-year program and offers specializations in courses listed below:
( i) Curriculum and Pedagogy; Early Childhood Education; School Organization, Leadership and Management; Teacher Professional Development;
(ii) Master of Arts in Development: Public Health; Law, Governance and Policy; Livelihoods; Sustainability;
(iii) Master of Arts in Public Policy and Governance: Specialization being planned
Azim Premji University Eligibility:
- Candidates who have scored at least 50% marks in their Class XII exams are eligible to apply for Azim Premji University admissions in UG courses.
- Candidates who possess a graduate degree from a recognised university fulfil Azim Premji University eligibility criteria for PG courses.
Note: Aspirants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria as mentioned by Azim Premji University for the course in which they wish to secure admission.
Azim Premji University Admission Procedure:
UG progammes: Azim Premji University conducts entrance exams to provide admission to candidates in UG courses offered by it. The official website informs, “Applicants will have to appear for an entrance test that will assess the English language capacities and quantitative capacities.”
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their marks in the entrance exam also have to appear for a personal interview round.
Click here to apply for Azim Premji University UG Programmes
PG programmes: Azim Premji University admissions in all PG courses are done through a National Entrance Test (NET) followed by a personal interview round. The official website informs, “The University may also decide to accept other entrance tests/ conduct more entrance tests if required.”
Click here to apply for Azim Premji University PG Programmes
Application Process for UG & PG Courses:
Candidates can apply at Azim Premji University in the online as well as offline mode. For online applications, candidates can fill and submit the form on the official website of the varsity. For offline applications, candidates can download the form from the official website of the varsity. All duly-filled offline application forms need to send at the address given in Contact details section below.
Candidates applying in the online mode can pay Azim Premji University application fee via SBI Collect. Candidates applying in the offline mode can pay the plication fee in the form of a demand draft (DD) issued in favour of Azim Premji Foundation for Development.
Candidates can download Azim Premji University admit card from the official website of the varsity. Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the allotted exam centre.
Admission Cycle for UG & PG Courses
Application process for Azim Premji University admissions takes place in the month of December/ January each year.
The academic session for all courses offered at Azim Premji University starts in the month of July.
Azim Premji University offers a four-year integrated (B.Sc-B.Ed) and B.Sc & BA courses in various specializations for the duration of three years. The minimum eligibility criteria is 10+2 in the relevant subject group with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Admission is granted on the basis of university-based Entrance Test. The entrance test will assess the English language and quantitative abilities. Students can choose a Minor subject in during the second semester of the course. Students can also opt for an Honors degree through advanced research projects.
Click here for more details on Azim Premji Iniversity admission Process.
Azim Premji University MA, M.Ed & LL.M Admission 2019
Azim Premji University offers full-time MA, LL.M and M.Ed programs in different disciplines at PG level. Graduation in the desired discipline is the minimum eligibility criteria. Admission is offered on the basis of candidates’ performance in course-specific entrance tests followed by an interview.
|Course Name||Specialization||Intake||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|MA||Education||–||Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant discipline||Entrance test followed by Personal Interview. Preference will be given to the candidates with valid work experience|
|Public Policy & Governance||–|
|M.Ed||–||50||Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Sciences/ Mathematics/Engineering with at least 50% marks in aggregate along with any of the following degrees with 50% marks (B.Ed/ B.Sc-B.Ed/ B.El.Ed. (with Optional Mathematics / Science) or D.El.Ed. with a UG Degree (with 50% marks)||Written Test followed by an interview|
|LL.M||Law and Development||–||Bachelor of Law (LL.B of 3 years or 5-year duration) from a recognized University located in India or abroad||Written Test followed by an interview or any other equivalent test|
- Candidates with teaching experience or a Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics will be referred at the time of admission to M.Ed program.
- The university offers scholarships of 100%, 70% and 50% in the tuition fees the candidates whose family income is less than INR 5 lakhper annum.
Azim Premji University Entrance Exam Pattern:
Azim Premji University M.Ed Entrance Exam Pattern:
The entrance test will consist of 60 MCQs with an essay for the duration of two and half hour. Check topic-wise details as given below:
|Part||Number of Questions|
|Part A- Questions on understanding in education, including policies and recommendations||30|
|Part B- Questions on discipline-specific content up to Undergraduate level (Candidates can choose the discipline depending on their UG/ PG degree and teaching subject in B.Ed (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology)||30|
|Part C- Students have to provide some arguments, justifications regarding issues related to education and teaching||Essay (500-750) words|
Azim Premji University MA & LL.M Entrance Exam Pattern:
Details regarding the number of questions asked and the type of questions are tabulated below:
|Part||Section||No of Questions||Question Type||Duration|
|Part I||English / Reading Comprehension||20||MCQs||2 hours|
|General & Social Awareness||30|
|Part II||Statement of Purpose||1||Essay (500 words)||45 minutes|
Azim Premji University PG Entrance Exam Centers: The university will conduct an entrance exam in online or offline mode at different centers located all over India.
Azim Premji University Placement details:
Azim Premji University Placement Process
Organizations that participate in the campus placement process are provided with the placement brochure that includes details of students. They are required to give to a pre placement presentation about the organization, roles available and other details. Based on this interested students attend interviews with them.
Azim Premji University Placement Calendar
Typically, the placement process starts in February and ends in June of each year.
During this period there are specific placement weeks during which organizations are invited to be on campus. Organizations that may not be able to be on campus during the placement weeks are accommodated on mutually convenient days.
Azim Premji University Placement Committee:
The placement process is owned by the Placement Committee. Students, faculty and other members come together to form the committee. The committee decides on all key aspects of the placement process that include
- Deciding on the placement calendar and setting the norms for placement
- Identifying opportunities for jobs, fellowships, higher studies and communicating with the student body and organizations
- Conducting placement events like practitioner lectures, seminars and workshops
- Training on soft skills; communication, identifying interest areas, interview skills, resume building etc.
- Anchoring all communication with the recruiting organizations, facilitating smooth operations during pre-placement talks, interviews coordination and final offers stage processes.
Azim Premji University Placement Record:
Over 1300 students in six batches have graduated and we have an excellent placement record. Some key points are highlighted below
- Over 300 organizations have participated in our campus placements so far. These range from large organizations in the NGO space, small organizations at the grassroots, research institutions, policy bodies, CSRs, quasi-government institutions, schools etc. The number of organizations and offers have grown significantly over the last four years, evidencing that the social sector today needs competent people
- 90 % of our students are working in the social sector, reflective of their social commitment
- The average salary for campus placements is in the range of Rs. 25000 – 30000 per month. Students with prior experience get higher compensation.
- Students also choose to pursue higher studies or pursue fellowships of interest to them
Azim Premji University Contact details:
Azim Premji University
Pixel Park, B Block
Electronics City, Hosur Road (Beside NICE Road)
Bengaluru – 560100
For admission related queries, contact us at:
Azim Premji University
Pixel Park, B Block
Electronics City, Hosur Road (Beside NICE Road)
Bengaluru – 560 100
Toll free help line: 1800 843 2001
Mobile No: 8971889988
Please note that the contact numbers will be available from Monday – Friday 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (except on Public Holidays)