The primary task assigned to an Assistant Station Master (ASM) is to ensure the systematic running of trains in the designated area. Following the official handbook provided by Railway Authorities, the Assistant Station Master has to coordinate the signal operating mechanisms at all times.
An ASM has to work in shifts and organize the work schedule according to that. Mostly, you will find only 1 ASM at every station. But in the case of bigger stations, more than 1 ASM can be appointed.
The salary or pay scale and benefits breakdown is as follows:
- Pay scale – Rs 5200 – 20,200/-
- Grade Pay – Rs 2800/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 8500/-
- Total Pay – Rs 11,360/-
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
Assistant Station Master is a good post to start your career with. Your performance and the amount of years you put in the job will be the judge of how far you go. After you are recruited by the Railway Recruitment Board for the ASM Post, you can move upward to the following posts in time.
If not gone through below Job descriptions:
- Traffic Apprentice job description Click here!!
- Commercial Apprentice Job description Click here!!!
- Goods Guard Job description Click here!!!
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA) Click here!!!
- Senior Clerk-Cum-Typist Click here!!!
- Senior Time Keeper Click here!!!
- Equiry-Cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Click here!!!