This article is on Andhra Pradesh GK Quiz Question & Answers. Here, we have listed some of the important Top 25 General Knowledge Questions and Answers on AP (Andra Pradesh), which can be helpful for aspirants of various competitive exams such as Banking and Government exams.
Andra Pradesh General Knowledge Questions and Answers:
- Who was the first prime minister from Andhra Pradesh?
(A) N. Sanjeeva Reddy (B) P. V. Narasimha Rao (C) G. M. C. Balayogi (D) V. V. Giri (Ans: B)
- Which is the official language of Andhra Pradesh?
(A) Sadri (B) Telugu (C) Munda (D) Oraon (Ans: B)
- Which was the capital of Andhra Pradesh before 1 November 1956?
(A) Kurnool (B) Vishakhapatnam (C) Anantapur (D) Bezwada (Ans: A)
- Secunderabad was founded in ___AD as a British cantonment.
(A) 1804 (B) 1805 (C) 1806 (D) 1807 (Ans: C)
- Who had to quit as governor of Andhra Pradesh after a CD featuring him appeared?
(A) Abhishek Singhvi (B) Sanjay Joshi (C) Bangaru Laxman (D) Narain Dutt Tiwari (Ans: D)
- What is to the east of Andhra Pradesh?
(A) Arabian Sea (B) Bay of Bengal (C) Gulf of Cambay (D) Palk Strait (Ans: B)
- Nagari is a Municipal town in ….. district of Andhra Pradesh.
(A) Anantapur (B) East Godavari (C) Chittoor (D) Guntur (Ans: C)
- Which is the State bird of Andhra Pradesh?
(A) Monal (B) Indian Roller (C) Duck (D) Peacock (Ans: B)
- Where is Cumbum Lake located in Andhra Pradesh State?
(A) Chittoor (B) Guntur (C) Prakasam district (D) Vizianagaram (Ans: C)
- …. is the state’s best-known classical dance form.
(A) Bhamakalapam (B) Kathak (C) Veeranatyam (D) Kuchipudi (Ans: D)
Download Andra Pradesh GK Questions PDF
- ISRO Satish Dhawan Space Centre is located in ….. district of Andhra Pradesh.
(A) Guntur (B) Chittoor (C) Anantapur (D) Nellore (Ans: D)
- Which state accomplished India’s first riverlinking project, linking rivers Godavari and Krishna?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Telangana (C) Tamil Nadu (D) None of these (Ans: A)
- Secunderabad is located at …..of Hyderabad.
(A) South (B) East (C) West (D) North (Ans: D)
- 1500MW ultra mega solar power park is sanctioned for which of the following districts of Andhra Pradesh?
(A) Guntur (B) Visakhapatnam (C) Kadapa (D) Kurnool (Ans: C)
- The Saidani Maa Ki Dargah was constructed in ….. AD.
(A) 1881 (B) 1882 (C) 1883 (D) 1884 (Ans: C)
- The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), established in ….year.
(A) 2005 (B) 2006 (C) 2007 (D) 2008 (Ans: C)
- When was Andhra Pradesh formed?
(A) 4 March, 1937 (B) 8 June, 1951 (C) 12 July, 1949 (D) 1 November, 1956 (Ans: D)
- A regatta is a series of–
(A) Car race (B) Cycle race (C) Boat race (D) Horse race (Ans: C)
- From which state was Andhra Pradesh separated?
(A) Bombay (B) Travancore-Cochin (C) Madras (D) Saurashtra (Ans: C)
- Which state is to the south of Andhra Pradesh?
(A) Orissa (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Tamil Nadu (D) Bihar (Ans: C)
- How long will Hyderabad act as a jointcapital of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh?
(A) 5 Years (B) 7 years (C) 10 years (D) 15 years (Ans: C)
- When the Secunderabad Club was established?
(A) 1778 (B) 1788 (C) 1877 (D) 1878 (Ans: D)
- Where is Amareswara temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located?
(A) Hyderabad (B) Vijayawada (C) Amaravathi (D) Anantapur (Ans: C)
- Ethipothala Water Falls situated on the …. river.
(A) River Krishna (B) Chandravanka (C) Penner River (D) Godavari (Ans: B)
- When The King Edward Memorial Hospital, now known as Gandhi Hospital was established?
(A) 1851 (B) 1861 (C) 1871 (D) 1881 (Ans: A)