WBJEE 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
WBJEE 2018 is conducted for offering admission to the candidates in the UG courses of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is managed by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB)
WBJEE 2018 Application Form is releasing from 19th December 2017. WBJEE is referred as West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination which is a state level common entrance test. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is organized WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination).
The application process of WBJEE 2018 includes registration, login with generated user ID and password, filling of personal, academic and communication details, examination centres, fee payment and downloading of the confirmation page. The application fee of WBJEE 2018 is Rs 500 which can be paid online through debit/credit card or through e-challan. Candidates who have studied Physics, Mathematics and any one of Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application and have passed 10+ 2 with 45% (40% for reserved category) are eligible to apply for WBJEE 2018.
WBJEE Application Form 2018 – Dates
Candidates can fill WBJEE 2018 application form online between December 19, 2017, and January 19, 2018. The important dates related to WBJEE application form 2018 have been already released by WBJEEB. Candidates can check all the dates related to WBJEE application form in the table below:
WBJEE application dates
|WBJEE Application Form Events||Dates|
|Registration for WBJEE 2018 begins on||December 19, 2017|
|Image correction window activated on||January 2, 2018|
|Deadline to fill WBJEE application form||January 19, 2018|
|Last date to download confirmation page||January 24, 2018|
|Corrections in WBJEE 2018 application||January 26, 2018|
|Correction window closes on||January 28, 2018|
|Availability of WBJEE admit card 2018||April 10, 2018 (Tentative)|
|WBJEE 2018 exam date||April 22, 2018|
WBJEE Application Form
The online application begins from 1st week of January and the Last date of online application will be 1st week of February. Candidates must submit the full application before the due date. Candidates, if submitted after the due date application, will not be accepted. Candidates are suggested to keep printed copies of filled application form for further process.
Candidates form is available on online, official portal. Candidates have to write all detail as given in brochure format. And upload scanned images of their photograph, & signature. Candidates must know how to fill when to fill, where to fill etc.
- The candidates can apply for this examination if they are Indian national.
- The candidates must have cleared 12th standard examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent from a recognized University Council/Board scoring at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/PWD/OBC).
- The candidates must have Physics & Mathematicsas mandatory subjects with optional subjects as Biotechnology/Chemistry/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects (Engineering drawing/computer science) and should have cleared each subject individually.
- The candidates must have scored at least 30% in English.
- The candidates must have attained 17 years as on December of the examination year.
The application fee for WBJEE 2018 will be Rs. 500. Application fee can be paid by either of the following methods:
- Debit/Credit Card.
- Net Banking.
- by Cash through Allahabad Bank Challan.
No other mode of payment like Demand Draft (DD) or Cheque shall be accepted.
Documents to be Uploaded
Following documents must be uploaded in WBJEE 2018 application form.
- Colored Photograph with a light background- Face must cover minimum 50% of the photograph – taken on or after December 2017 – JPEG/JPG format – 10-100Kb in size.
- Scanned Signature – JPEG/JPG Format – 3-30Kb – 3.5X4.5 cm.
- Left-hand Thumb Impression – JPEG/JPG Format – 3-30Kb – 3.5X4.5 cm.
WBJEE Admit card
WBJEEB issues admit card to all the applicants after the submission of the application forms. Applicants will be able to download admit card from the official website of the board from 12th April 2018 to 22nd April 2018.
- As per the schedule, the admit card will be available on the website from 12th April 2018.
- Candidates need to take the admit card to the exam centre, otherwise, they will not be able to appear in the exam.
For Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates have to pass 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects:Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the subjects Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates have to secure minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC, PwD category) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply.
For Pharmacy Courses:
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates should qualify the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects:Candidates must qualify the above examinationPhysics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates must secure at least 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD category) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks.
WBJEE Syllabus 2018
The WBJEE Syllabus 2018 will be asked from the subjects like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Candidates can go through these subjects on the basis of syllabus prescribed in class 11th & 12th.
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry
WBJEE Exam Pattern
Candidates have to complete paper on the given time as per board rules. Exams will be held through offline mode. In exams, the question will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. The question will be consist of MCQ Of Multiple Choice Questions.
155 question will be asked in WBJEE examination.
The exam pattern for WBJEE is given below in detail:
- Exam Mode:The exam will be held through offline mode (OMR Pattern).
- Total Marks: The whole question paper will consist of 200 marks.
- Type of Questions:The question will consist of multiple choice questions. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Subjects:Question paper will comprise of three subjects:.
- of Questions: Total 155 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Negative Marking:In category- I & category II, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking in category-III.
|Subjects||Category-I (1 marks)||Category-II|
|Category-III (2 marks)||Total Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
How to retrieve WBJEE Application Form 2018?
Candidates can retrieve their WBJEE application form number by entering the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Security pin (case sensitive)
- Security pin
WBJEE 2018 Result
- Candidates will be able to check their results through online mode.
- The Result will be declared in the 1st week of June 2018.
- The result will be published in the form of Rank Cards.
- The rank card contains all relevant ranks, total score & component scores in Paper-I (Maths) & Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry).
- The cut-off list will be published by the authority, after the result declaration.