UL-SAT 2018 Application Form, Registration, Date, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
ULSAT is an abbreviation for UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) is an entrance examination for law students conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun. It is organized for admission in five-year integrated undergraduate law courses BA LLB (5 years) and LLB (3 years) and courses in the state law colleges which are affiliated with this. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun provides admission into undergraduate law programs including LLB from the Mumbai University. This UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test is commonly known as ULSAT. The ULSAT will be conducted in the last week of May 2018.
The College of Legal Studies (CoLS) is a constituent college of UPES. UPES is the One Indian Institution to offer 85 specialized programs across Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, Application IT, Design, Planning and Public Policy etc.., Students can get admissions in the courses offered by the university either through the exam pathway also they can opt for the non-examination pathway through their scores in Class 12 Board Merit, CLAT Merit or L-SAT India Merit scores if found eligible by the University. The university offers up to 20% of the seats in LLB programs through the non-exam pathway.
ULSAT Important Dates
ULSAT dates are the dates provided for the important events happening in the ULSAT. The dates provided here are tentative and will give the reader a brief idea about when the event is going to happen (like month or week).
|ULSAT 2018 Last date to apply||20 April 2018|
|ULSAT 2018 date for offline test||5 May 2018|
09:30 am to 12:30 pm
|ULSAT 2018 date online test||12 & 12 may 2018|
12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
|ULSAT 2018 Result||June 2018|
UL-SAT 2018 Registration
Candidates can Register for UL-SAT 2018 on the Official Website of UPSE. The Registered Candidates can Get the Test and Admission Process dates through MAil id. The Registered Candidates can Download the Application Form from the Official Website of UPES. The following Link Directs you to the Online Registration of UL-SAT 2018.
Click Here: Online Registration
|UL-SAT 2018 Application Fee|
|Indian Residents||Demand Draft (DD)/Online||Rs 1,850|
|On Cash||Rs 1,750|
|Foreign Residents||US $ 75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate)|
UPES List Of Courses:
- B.Com LLB (H) with specialization in Taxation Law / Media & Entertainment Law
- BA LLB (H) with specialization in Energy Law
- BA LLB (H) with specialization in Criminal Law / Labor Law / Constitutional Law
- BBA LLB (H) with specialization in Corporate Law
- BBA LLB (H) with specialization in International Trade & Investment Law / Banking, Insurance & Finance Regulations
- B.Tech LLB (H) Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cyber Law / IPR Law
- B.Sc LLB (H) with specialization in IPR Law / Food & Health Law / Medical & Forensics Law
ULSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There is certain rules or conditions set by the official authority of the ULSAT authorities which an applicant needs to satisfy to appear for the ULSAT. The applicants can look for all the eligibility criteria one needs to satisfy and should contain all the documents proving that applicants satisfying those criteria for ULSAT.
Here are some of the criteria which an applicant should satisfy:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 (or equivalent) from any affiliated Board of Education in India.
- The candidates belonging to General and OBC category must score 45% in the entrance exam whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ST category must score 40% marks in the entrance exam.
- Domicile: Only the candidates from India are eligible to apply
- Age of the Candidate: The age of the candidate shouldn’t exceed 20 years as on 1st July 2018. In case the candidate belongs to SC or ST category, then the age limit would be 22 years as on 1st July 2018.
- Note that 85% of seats of B.B.A. – L.L.B. (Hons) at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun are reserved for candidates belonging to SC/ST and rest of the seats (i.e. 20%) is reserved for candidates from outside of Maharashtra. No seats are reserved for the candidates from Outside India.
UP-LSAT Test Centers
UP-LSAT Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Language Comprehension||30 Ques|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30 Ques|
|Logical Reasoning||30 Ques|
|Legal General Knowledge||30 Ques|
|Legal Aptitude||30 Ques|
LSAT Admit Card
The admit card for ULSAT is provided online to the candidates appearing for the ULSAT. The admit card is accessed by the candidates on the ULSAT portal. The admit card for PG was issued via online mode. The admit card for ULSAT is issued by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun that is conducting authorities of ULSAT.
The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun. The admit card will not be sent via post to any of the appearing candidates. The admit card of ULSAT will contain following details like candidates name, date of birth, photo, signature, ULSAT center and roll number. This information of the candidate will be based on the applicant’s ULSAT application form. In case any candidate finds any mistake in their ULSAT admit card 2018 details including their names and date of birth, they need to bring it to the notice of ULSAT officials, immediately and get it verified or corrected by the authorities of ULSAT.
Steps to download or get admit card for ULSAT :
- Click on official link of ULSAT 2018 admit card
- Login with registration id for ULSAT 2018
- Click on blinking link of ‘Admit Card’
- Click on ‘Download’ and save admit card of ULSAT 2018
- Candidates need to get a print copy of ULSAT admit card 2018
Legal General Knowledge & Legal Aptitude
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Legal Awareness
- Constitutional Law and Polity
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Figures of speech
- Legal terms
- Reading Comprehension
- One-word substitution
Quantitative & Numerical Ability
- Blood Relations
- Agreement and Disagreement
- Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical Analysis
- Deductive Reasoning
- Odd-Even Discretion
UL-SAT Admit Card
UL-SAT Admit card can be Available in the Online mode on the Official Website of UPES. Applicants who want to appear in the aptitude test of UPES for admissions into the law programmes can download admit card of UL-SAT 2018 from April 25, 2018. Any candidate who is not carrying a valid UL-SAT Admit Card to their exam center would not be allowed to take the test.
ULSAT Result 2018 for LLB courses. The result will be announced online on the official portal of ULSAT. The result will consist of the merit list on the basis of marks of the candidates. The candidates will be called on the basis of merit list for the counseling. The ULSAT authority releases result for different courses provided by the university. The Result of ULSAT has been announced by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun. The test scores and result of ULSAT will be reported on a percentile basis. As per ULSAT 2018 result, each test-takers’ performance will be compared to others of candidates group, classified as the five-year integrated undergraduate and two-year postgraduate.
The correct number of questions answered by the candidate will decide the result. There will be a total of 150 questions and candidate will be able to tick maximum correct out of it.
The UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test(UL-SAT) Test Qualified candidate can get Admission in the University and UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) For B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Cyber Law / IPR Program.
The applicants scored marks, which are above the cutoff, are eligible for the admission procedure in the ULSAT and after that counseling procedure starts. The list will be released for the candidates who get selected for the admission procedure through a Particular defined procedure. The counseling will be conducted via offline mode. The counseling for ULSAT is conducted by Procedure defined by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun.
All the candidates will be assigned a center for the counseling process and candidates have to report to their respective center and on the given date by the authorities of ULSAT. Candidates will also have to present a list of official documents for verification and xerox copies of the same for submission. Candidates should ensure they submit only the correct information at the time of ULSAT Counselling process as it will be used for their seat verification.