Top Animation Colleges In India – 2018 Rankings, Fees, Placements
Training is the most essential and important aspect for the creation of a skilled professional in the field of animation. To become an animator, one doesn’t require any specific academic qualification. Those with a basic sketching skill and a passion for animation can enter this field. For getting a better job prospect, one should have a degree or diploma in animation.
Besides these graduate and post graduate courses, there are several professional courses that focus on various styles and techniques. These courses, i.e Courses in Traditional animation , Stop-motion animation , Rotoscoping , Computer generated 3D and 2D animation , Clay-mation , Photoshop , Human anatomy , Drawing etc helps one to specialise in a particular area. One should also have a basic knowledge in computer handling.
Top B.Arch Colleges in India, Best Architecture Colleges in India
Animation : Career Requirements
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s degree standard|
|Degree Field||Computer animation, fine art, graphic arts|
|Training||Some employers require on-the-job training in using company specific software|
|Experience||1 year for entry-level positions; 3 or more years for mid-level or advanced positions|
|Key Skills||Creative, artistic, communication, computer and time-management skills; ability to use animation and video editing software|
Key skills to become animators
- Artistic talent
- A knack for storytelling
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
The Difference and the Similarity between 2D and 3D Animation
There is one entire dimension added in 3D animation in comparison to 2D but the most basic algorithm on which 3D relies is the same for both 2D and 3D. There is not much difference between 2D and 3D animation. Both make use of each other for getting the desired effects. 2D animation makes use of 3D effects such as lighting while 3D animation makes use of rendering techniques taught basically in 2D. Thus, it can be rightly said that in order to have good hands in 3D graphics, individuals need to possess good skills in 2D graphics.
Knowledge of Basic 3D Animation
It is very important for the 3D computer animators to have the knowledge of basic 3D animation and this involves:
- Understanding the character anatomy and setting different models by taking the help of the knowledge of proportions.
- Developing different primary characters with the use of bouncing ball principle.
- Skin textures and bone structure.
- The knowledge of color theory.
- Color rendering.
These skills include:
- Shading skills
- Modeling a character and having a clear understanding of the use of mesh tool.
- Making the effective use of software knowledge
- Rigging and sketching skills.
Advanced Training in 3D Animation
Advanced training in 3D animation includes:
- Making animation movies that are short and simple
- Conceptualizing animation with different facial features and making full-fleshed animation
- Rendering, shading and lighting with the use of layers.
- Rendering the concluding fluid effect. Advanced training in animation basically involves using the different animation packages together including sketching for getting the desired perfection.
Animation – Career Options
Work opportunities for quality animators and related professionals like graphic designer, multimedia developer and game developer, character designers, key frame animators, 3D modelers, layout artists etc exists in following sectors at large-
- Online and Print News Media
- Film & Television
- Cartoon production
- Video Gaming
Animation Career – Salary
Animation is a dazzling career option. After finishing the in-house training with leading animation production studio, one can work as a junior animator with salary ranging between Rs.12000 to Rs.18000. As an animator gains expertise and experience, he/she can surely look forward for promotions and salary anywhere between Rs. 25,000 to Rs.40, 000.
Pros and Cons for an Animator
Like any industry, animation and gaming has pros and cons that need to be considered before choosing to begin a career.
- Animators usually earn decent pay
- They can constantly hone their craft by engaging with different projects
- They have the opportunity to become renowned for work
- They can get in touch, work with and learn from industry leaders
- They may have work flexibility
- Rigorous deadlines
- Working according to rules and demands
- Consistent meticulous attention to detail and patience
- Being up-to-date with the dynamic and fast changing animation technologies
People also searched for :-
Top 10 Animation Colleges in India,
2D / 3D Animation colleges in India,
List Of Top Animation Colleges In India 2018,
Top animation colleges in India | Govt. & Private Colleges,
Which is the best animation college in India?
Government Animation Colleges In India,
Top 10 Animation Colleges In Bangalore,
Scope Of Animation Courses In India