SNAP 2018: Result, Score Card, Admission Procedure
The abbreviation of SNAP is Symbiosis National Aptitude Test.SNAP Exam is a University level examination which is conducted by Symbiosis University. This exam is mandatory for the candidates who are seeking admission in MBA (Managment courses) which are offered by Institutions associated with Symbiosis International University.
Why choose SNAP Exams?
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of SNAP Entrance Exam 2018, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- SNAP test scores are valid for admission to 15 Institutions under SIU.
- Since 2007, candidates aspiring to join MBA programs offered by institutes of Symbiosis International University have to take the common, mandatory Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management pune have long term collaboration with many top univeristy in the world like University of Dauphine, The Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL), Arizona State University, Nanyang Technological University etc.
SNAP 2018 Exam Dates
Like every other important examination, the SNAP 2018 also has got some important dates regarding the examination. Applicants are advised to take a look at the following table to know better on the examination dates of SNAP 2018. The following are the Important Exam Dates of SNAP 2018.
|Notification Release.||August 2017.|
|Online Registration.||10th August to 24th November 2017.|
|Application Form Correction.||4th week of November 2017.|
|Test Payment Closes.||24th November 2017.|
|Admit Card Available.||1st December to 17th December 2017.|
|Exam Date.||17th December 2017 (2 PM to 4 PM).|
|Result Declaration.||28th December 2017.|
Here is the list of associated institutes:
|Name of the Institute||Website|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune||www.sibm.edu|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||www.sicsr.ac.in|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC) Pune||www.simc.edu|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||www.siib.ac.in|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)||www.scmhrd.edu|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)||www.sims.edu|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||www.sitm.ac.in|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||www.scit.edu|
|Symbiosis Institute of Geo-informatics (SIG)||www.sig.ac.in|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik||www.siom.in|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||www.sihspune.org|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Bengaluru||www.sibm.edu.in|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC) Bengaluru||www.simcblr.edu|
|Symbiosis School of Banking Management (SSBM)||www.ssbm.in|
|Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)||www.sse.ac.in|
|Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)||www.sitpune.edu.in|
|Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences (SSBS)||www.siu.edu.in|
Application Form for SNAP 2018
The details regarding the SNAP 2018 is given below.
- Firstly, the aspirants need to register themselves through online mode on the official website.
- Also, the online application form will be available from 10 August 2017 to 27 November 2017.
- Then, the candidates should upload their recent coloured passport sized photograph.
- Further, the applicants must complete the application form fee payment in online mode or offline mode.
SNAP 2018 Application Fee
- The applicants can complete the payment through online mode using Internet Banking / Credit Card.
- The aspirants can also make payment using Billdesk Gateway, Axis Bank Gateway, Indian Bank Gateway, and Demand Draft.
- Moreover, the application form fee will be Rs. 1,750 /- for all candidates.
- Further, the candidates should draw the Demand Draft in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Also, the applicants paying the application form fee through Demand Draft need to send the necessary documents along with Demand Draft to the below address.
SNAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality:OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), PIO (Persons of Indian Origin), NRI (Non-Resident Indian), FN (Foreign National) candidates are eligible for application.
- Qualification:The students must have completed graduation degree from any recognized Institution / University.
- Aggregate:The candidates need to secure minimum aggregate marks of 50% (for Unreserved Candidates) and 45% (for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes candidates).
- Foreign Qualification:The applicants who have completed their graduation degree from any foreign Institution / University need to obtain the equivalent certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern
SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern is one of the most important detail on the process of SNAP 2018. All the applicants who are going to appear in SNAP 2018 might be eagerly waiting for the exam pattern of the same. Here we have provided the exam pattern of SNAP 2018. All the aspirants are advised to take a look at the following points and table to know better on SNAP 2018 exam pattern.
- Duration: Duration of test will be 120 minutes.
- Types of Question:Multiple choice questions with 4 responses.
- Marking Scheme:every correct answer equals to One mark.
- Negative Marking:For each wrong answer 25% marks will be deducted.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability.||40.||40.|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency.||40.||40.|
|Current Affairs (last 2 years).||30.||30.|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning.||40.||40.|
Application Form and Submission Procedure
Candidates will have to register themselves online by visiting the official website of SNAP www.snaptest.org. The registration will begin on 10th August 2017 and will stay active until November 2017.
The onus lies on the candidates to provide correct and accurate information while registration. Candidates can make changes in their application form until the closing date of the application. Change of test city preferences will not be allowed. Once the payment procedure is completed change of test city requests will not be entertained.
Candidates have to upload their scanned coloured passport sized photograph at the time of registration. The photograph should not be more than 3 months old. The photograph should be in ‘jpeg’ format only.
The test fees are Rs 1,750/- (additional payment gateway charges, GST, and any other taxes are applicable). The payment window will be available from 10th August 2017 until 27th November 2017.
Candidates have the following available options for completion of payment:
- Billdesk Gateway
- Axis Bank Gateway
- Indian Bank Gateway
- Demand Draft
If a candidate opts for demand draft payment option, then he has to submit a demand draft of Rs 2,065/- (which includes Rs.1750 as SNAP Test fee and Rs. 315/- as GST @18%) from any nationalized bank in favour of ‘Symbiosis Test Secretariat’ payable at Pune.
SNAP 2018 – Courses Offered
|Name of the Institute||Courses Offered|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune)||· MBA|
· MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||· MBA (Information Technology)|
· M.Sc (Computer Applications)
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)||· MBA|
· Master of Business Administration (Infrastructure Management)
· MBA (Business Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||· MBA (Telecom Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||· Master of Business Administration (International Business)|
· MBA (Agri-Business)
· MBA (Energy & Environment)
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)||· Master of Business Administration|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune|
|· MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM- Nashik)||· MBA (Operations Management)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||· Master of Business Administration (Information Technology Business Management)|
· MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||· Master of Business Administration (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru|
(SIBM – Bengaluru)
|Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru|
|· MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||· Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||· MBA|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS)||· MBA (Sports Management)|
Seat Reservation in SNAP Exam
As per the UGC (University Grant Commission ) The guidelines of the reservation for the various categories like SC, ST, OBC aNd general are given here been the post. Candidates are requested to check out the complete reservation system of SIU.
- Within Sanctioned Intake
|SC||15 per cent|
|ST||7.5 per cent|
|DA||3 per cent|
- Over and Above Intake
|Kashmiri Migrants||Two seats per programme|
|International Candidates||15 per cent|
SNAP 2018 Syllabus
The SNAP 2018 syllabus is divided into four sections –
- General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Scenario
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
The detailed SNAP 2018 syllabus is mentioned below:
General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Scenario
- Current affairs
- World records
- Social issues, etc.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation based on text, graphs, and tables
- Column graphs
- Bar graphs
- Pie chart
- Critical reasoning
- Coding and decoding puzzles
- Line charts, etc.
General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Sentence correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Contextual usage
- Analogies, etc.
Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Simple interest and Compound interest
- Venn diagram
- HCF & LCM
- Ratios and Proportion
- Number system, etc.
How to Prepare for SNAP
- Before preparing for exam candidates should have complete knowledge about the syllabus.
- To score good marks in the examination, candidates have to follow the best books and study materials which are available in the market and Internet.
- You can also take help with your teachers and coaching institutions.
- Go through the previous year question papers and do not try new topics at the end.
- Stay stress free and never neglect your health while preparing for exam.
How to View the Results
The results can be easily viewed by following the given steps
- Go to the official page of SNAP 2018.
- Enter details like the enrollment number, password, etc.
- Go to the option ” check results”.
- the page of results will open.
SNAP 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off is the minimum marks scored by the candidates to qualify in the entrance exam. On the basis of cut-off, the merit list will be prepared. SNAP cut-off for 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the SNAP score (out of 150, scaled down to 50 marks), Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT). The category-wise cut off for merit list and a wait list will be displayed via online mode through the website.
SNAP 2018 Cut Off Marks
The SNAP 2018 Cut OFF varies from institute to institute of SIU. Candidates have to crack the cut off of the respective university to get admission for the MBA courses in their wanting university. Symbiosis National Aptitude Test 2018 Cut Off is as follows.
|Institution||Cut Off Marks|
|SIBM Pune & SCMHRD Pune.||More than 72.|
|SIBM Bengaluru & SIIB (IB).||More than 68.|
|SITM, SIOM, SIBM (Hyderabad).||Greater than 62.|
|SCIT, SIMS, SIIB (Energy/Agriculture).||More than 54.|
|SICSR, SSBF.||More than 46.|
|SIMC, SSMC, SIHS.||Greater than 38.|
The sample papers for SNAP examination can be found at