SSC CGL 2017 Notification has been declared on 15th May 2017, but many...
The job profile of a Senior Clerk involves both clerical and supervisory work. You need to work closely with junior accounts in order to complete daily tasks. Senior Clerk in the Railways can be assigned to a number of departments, like Engineering, Telecommunication, Human Resource or Clerical Office. The job also requires high-level proficiency over computers as typing is an essential part of your daily tasks and duties.
There will be fixed hours of daily work, from 9 am to 6 pm, and only during weekdays. The job profile of a Senior Clerk-cum-Typist in the Indian Railways is not very hectic. In fact, most of your tasks will be indoors.
The salary or pay scale and benefits breakdown is as follows:
- Pay scale – Rs 5200 – 20,200/-
- Grade Pay – Rs 2800/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 8500/-
- Total Pay – Rs 11,360/-
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
As a Senior Clerk, you can be promoted as:
If not gone through below Job descriptions:
- Traffic Apprentice job description Click here!!
- Commercial Apprentice Job description Click here!!!
- Goods Guard Job description Click here!!!
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA) Click here!!!
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) Click here!!!
- Senior Time Keeper Click here!!!
- Equiry-Cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Click here!!!