Rajasthan GK Quiz General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- The inscription which proves the influence of Bhagwat cult in ancient Rajasthan is–
(a) Ghatiyala Inscription (b) Besnagar Inscription of Heliodorous
(c) Buchkala Inscription (d) Ghosundi Inscription (Ans : d)
- From the following temples of Rajasthan identify the temples which were built in the Gurjar-Pratihar period–
(i) Adivarah temple of Ahad (ii) Harshat Mata temple of Abhaneri
(iii) Neelkanth temple of Rajorgarh (iv) Harihar temple of Osian
(a) (i) and (iv) (b) (i), (ii) and (iv) (c) (ii) and (iv) (d) (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) (Ans : d)
- With which of the following areas of Rajasthan the Alibakshi Khayal is associated ?
(a) Karauli (b) Chidawa (c) Alwar (d) Chittor (Ans : c)
- Shankariya dance of Rajasthan is related to–
(a) Kalbeliya (b) Bhil (c) Sahariya (d) Terahtali (Ans : a)
- What is the meaning of ‘Patta Rekh’ in the history of Rajasthan?
(a) Expected revenue (b) Military tax (c) Export-import tax (d) Begar (Ans : a)
- In which of the following area of Rajasthan, “Gulabi Gangaur” is celebrated on Chaitra Shukla Panchmi?
(a) Nathdwara (b) Udaipur (c) Bundi (d) Jodhpur (Ans : a)
- Who among the following was the first to emphasise the need to establish separate educational institution for the rulers of the princely states of Rajasthan?
(a) Colonel Loch (b) Lord Lansdowne (c) Captain Walter (d) Lord Mayo (Ans : c)
- ‘Hansawali’, an early work of Rajasthani Literature was written by–
(a) Hemchandra (b) Asayit (c) Sridhar Vyas (d) Isardas (Ans : b)
- Which of the following groups represent the correct sequence of mountain peaks of Rajasthan in descending order of their height?
(a) Delwara, Sajjangarh. Jarga, Taragarh (b) Ser, Jarga, Sajjangarh, Taragarh
(c) Jarga, Ser, Sajjangarh, Taragarh (d) Jarqa, Delwara, Taragarh, Sajjangarh (Ans : b)
- Which of the following lakes of Rajasthan has been included in the list of Ramsar wetland sites?
(a) Jaisamand Lake (b) Anasagar Lake (c) Rajsarnand Lake (d) Sambhar Lake (Ans : d)
- When did the Rajasthan Govt. approved first forest policy ?
(a) September 2011 (b) August 2010 (c) March 2011 (d) February 2010 (Ans : d)
- In which year the Government of Rajasthan made Rajasthan Biological Diversity Rules and established the Rajasthan State Biodiversity Board?
(a) 2008 (b) 2010 (c) 2012 (d) 2014 (Ans : b)
- Arrange the districts with maximum total population in Rajasthan in descending order as per Cerisus 2011–
(a) Jaipur, Kota, Jodhpur, Bikaner (b) Jaipur, Jodhpur, Alwar, Nagaur
(c) Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner (d) Jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur (Ans : b)
- Which of the following two districts of Rajasthan are having lowest percentage of scheduled tribes to total population in 2011 ?
(a) Churu and Sikar (b) Ganganagar and Hanumangarh (c) Bikaner and Nagaur (d) Bharatpur and Dholpur (Ans : c)
- Arrange the following districts of Rajasthan in correct order from East to West–
- Bundi B. Ajmer C. Udaipur D. Nagaur
(a) A, B, C, D (b) B, A, C, D (c) A, B, D, C (d) A, C, B. D (Ans : c)
- How many times ‘President’s rule has been imposed in the State of Rajasthan till 30th June, 2016 ?
(a) 5 times (b) 3 times (c) 6 times (d) 4 times (Ans : d)
- Delimitation Commission of 1952 had determined the strength of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly as–
(a) 200 (b) 160 (c) 188 (d) Three MLAs for each district (Ans : b)
- Before the appointment of Shri Kalyan Singh as the Governor of Rajasthan who among the following was the Acting Governor of the State?
(a) O.P. Kohli (b) Ram Naresh Yadav (c) Ram Naik (d) Margaret Alva (Ans : c)
- Among the following, whose tenure has been the longest as the Chairman of Rajasthan Public Service Commission?
(a) Mohammad Yaqub (b) Yatindra Singh (c) D. S. Tewari (d) C. R. Choudhary (Ans : c)
- When was Rajasthan Information Commission constituted?
(a) 18 April, 2008 (b) 18 April, 2006 (c) 18 April, 2007 (d) 18 April, 2005 (Ans : b)
- In the history of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly till 30th June, 2016, how many times the confidence motion has been moved and discussed?
(a) Once (b) Twice (c) Thrice (d) Four times (Ans : d)
- Select the correct answer. State Election Commission of Rajasthan–
(a) a statutory authority (b) an executive authority
(c) a constitutional authority (d) a unit of Election Commission of India (Ans : c)
- How many times elections have been held for Panchayati Raj Institutions in Rajasthan till 2015 ?
(a) 5 times (b) 8 times (c) 9 times (d) 10 times (Ans : d)
- The base year for Rajasthan’s whole sale Price’ Index is–
(a) 1986-87 (b) 1999-2000 (c) 2004-05 (d) 2011-12 (Ans : b)
- The growth targets in the 12th Five Year Plan of Rajasthan for Agriculture, Industry and Service sectors are respectively–
(a) 3.5%, 8.0% and 9.5% (b) 4.0%, 8.0% and 9.0%
(c) 4.0%, 8.5% and 9.0% (d) 3.5%, 8.5% and 9.5% (Ans : a)
- Which of the following external agency is providing financial assistance for Rajasthan Renewable Energy Transmission Investment Program?
(a) World Bank (b) Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA)
(c) Asian Development Bank (d) KFW Germany (Ans : c)
- Mukhya Mantri Nishulk Dava Yojana in Rajasthan was launched on–
(a) 2nd September, 2011 (b) 2nd September, 2010 (c) 2nd October, 2011 (d) 2nd October, 2010 (Ans : c)
- Name the scheme being implemented in Rajasthan under which cash incentive is given to SC/ST/SBC/BPL of OBC and GEN candidate selected in the All India Civil Services Examination, the State Civil Services Examination, and a candidate getting admission in IITs, IIMs and National Level Medical Colleges.
(a) Anuprati Yojana (b) Scholarship Scheme
(c) Merit-cum-Means Scheme (d) Upper Merit Scholarship (Ans : a)
- Nodai Agency for generation of energy from non-conventional energy sources in Rajasthan is–
(a) Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Ltd. (b) State Ministry of New Renewable Energy
(c) Centre for New and Renewable Energy Sources (d) None of these (Ans : a)
- How many District Industries Centres are working in Rajasthan?
(a) 36 (b) 33 (c) 31 (d) 29 (Ans : a)
- One of the following is not the objective of Chief Minister’s Shubh Laxmi Yojana in Rajasthan–
(a) To promote the birth of girl child (b) To prevent child marriage
(c) To encourage registration of girl child birth (d) To help pregnant girls (Ans : d)
- How much percentage of the total land mass area of India is in Rajasthan?
(a) 10.4% (b) 7.9% (c) 13.3% (d) 11.4% (Ans : a)
- How much of Thar Desert in India falls in Rajasthan?
(a) 40% (b) 60% (c) 80% (d) 90% (Ans : )
- Identify the place, where the first “Annupurna Bhandar” was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan on 31st October, 2015.
(a) Chomu (b) Bhambori (c) Phagi (d) Kotputali (Ans : b)
- Rajasthan is the first state to implement which one of the following Act to redress public grievances?
(a) Transparency in Public Procurement Act (b) Guaranteed Delivery of Public Services Act
(c) Good Governance Act (d) Right to Hearing Act (Ans : d)
- ‘Government of Rajasthan has set-up Jeevan Ohara Bank in collaboration with Norwegian Government to provide–
(a) Blood for Cancer patients (b) Water for Desert areas (c) Insurance to Old persons (d) Mother’s Milk to Infants (Ans : d)
- The sentence incorporated in the ‘Logo’ of Rajasthan tourism is–
(a) Rangilo Rajasthan (b) Jane Kya Dikh Jaye (c) Rajasthan Ro Dil Dekho (d) Darshniya Rajasthan (Ans : b)
- Who is the first Dronacharya awardee of Rajasthan State?
(a) Karan Singh (b) Ripudaman Singh (c) Gopal Saini (d) Paramjeet Singh (Ans : a)
- Newly elected Chairman of Rajasthan Olympic Association is–
(a) Shivcharan Mali (b) Dhanraj Choudhary (c) Gopal Saini (d) Ramavtar Jakhar (Ans : b)
- In 35th National Games, 2015 Rajasthan won–
(a) 10 Medals (b) 1 Gold Medal only (c) 3 Silver Medals (d) 18 Medals (Ans : d)
- Which one of the following Sun Temples is located in Patan, Gujarat ?
(a) Konark (b) Modhera (c) Martand (d) Dakshinark (Ans : b)
- For popularisation of Science and Technology in the State, the Government has established Science Centres and Science Parks in Rajasthan, Identify the correct places where Science Parks have been established so far–
(a) Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota (b) Jaipur, Bikaner, Jhalarapatan (Jhalawar)
(c) Jaipur, Nawalgarh, Jhalarapatan (Jhalawar) (d) Jaipur, Nawalgarh, Kota (Ans : c)