Railway Group D Syllabus And Exam Pattern 2018 | RRB Group D Syllabus PDF Download
The Indian Railways has finally released the official notification announcing the RRC Group D. Railways Recruitment Board or RRB will be filling 62,907 vacancies in the year 2018. Railways has come up with a golden opportunity for you which can make your dream come true to work in this sector. Before you start your preparation have a look at the Railway Group D Exam Pattern. It will give you a brief idea on how to start your exam preparations.
Note: At Examin, we have ensured that JEE aspirants avail mock tests free of cost. We suggest you attempt our mock tests and evaluate yourself before appearing for the examination.
Important Dates for RRC Group D 2018
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start Date of Online Applications||10th February 2018 at 10 AM|
|Last Date of Online Applications||12th March 2018|
|Last Date for Payment||12th March 2018|
|Tentative Date of Exam||April/May 2018|
Railway Group D Syllabus And Exam Pattern – Railway Group D Exam Pattern
The Railway Group D exam paper pattern consists of 4 subjects namely –
General Knowledge – 20 marks
Arithmetic Ability – 25 Marks
General Intelligence – 25 marks
General Science – 30 Marks
The RRC Group D selection will be based on 3 stages as follows:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
The Computer Based Test will be the first stage of selection that will be based on the following pattern:
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
Note: There is negative marking for each incorrect answer. 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for the wrong answer. The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices.
Physical Efficiency Test
If you qualify the CBT then you will be called for a Physical Efficiency Test which following will be of the pattern:
- You should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- You should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
- You should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- You should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Document Verification – Railway Group D Exam Pattern
- Based on your performance in the CBT subject to your qualifying in PET, you will be called for document verification.
- Thereafter, the final selection will be made.
Best books for Railway Preparation
|A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Buy Online|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal||Buy Online|
|Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M Tyra||Buy Online|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma||Buy Online|
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||Buy Online|
|General English for All Competitive Examinations by SC Gupta||Buy Online|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge by Sanjeev Kumar, Renu Sinha, Binay Karna, Manwendra Mukul, RP Suman||Buy Online|
Railway Group D Exam Pattern – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the time duration of the paper?
Ans. The total time allotted to solve the paper is 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes).
Thanks for Reading RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 Notification, 26502 Vacancies Post.