PM Narendra Modi has launched the ambitious Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for women in Tamil Nadu. Subsequently, govt. will provide 50% subsidy up to Rs. 25000 on the purchase of 2 wheeler vehicles – scooters and mopheads to the working women. Accordingly, PM Modi has launched Amma Scooter Scheme on the 70th birth anniversary of J Jayalalithaa in Chennai.
To mark the launch of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, PM Modi has handed over the keys and Registration certificates to five working women of TN. The names of the beneficiaries are – Madhubala, D.Deepa, S. Farzana, R. Tangamala and G. Kavita. The Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme / Amma Scooter Scheme has been rolled out on 24 February 2018 for Women Empowerment.
Amma 2 wheeler scheme will cover all those working women in the age group of 18 to 40 years whose annual income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs. Chief Minister K Palaniswami and deputy CM O Panneerselvam were also present at the launch event.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme/Amma Scooter Scheme – Launch Event/;
The important features and highlights of the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme are as follows:-
- This Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for women empowerment will provide the subsidy of 50% up to Rs. 25000 on the purchase of mopheads and scooters.
- All the women in Tamil Nadu state between the age of 18 – 40 years can avail the benefits of this scheme on the purchase of scooters having less than 125 cc capacity.
- However, only one female in a family can apply for this scheme whose annual income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum can avail the subsidy benefits. Moreover, govt. will give priority to families run by Individual women and disabled.
- At the roll-out of this scheme on 24 February 2018 in Chennai, honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given keys and copies of Registration Certificates (RC) to 5 working women. These women include an accountant, salesperson, accountant and an assistant in a private school.
- Moreover, PM Modi has also launched a massive 70 lakh sapling tree plantation drive at the launch event in Tamil Nadu.
- Mr E Palaniswami also urges PM Modi to take steps to set up Cauvery Management Board and Cauvery Water Regulatory Committee as per SC decision. CM also recalled Late J Jayalalithaa’s welfare scheme like Thalikku Thangam (gold for mangalsutra) for women, free cow and goats, free of cost computers for students and setting up of new colleges for rural.