Uttar Pradesh General knowledge & Current Affairs GK Question
UTTAR PRADESH GK:- Read the top GK about UTTAR PRADESH one of the biggest state in the India.
These Questions were asked in some State Level Examinations many times in previous years like; Group C, UPSC, Railways Exams in the State UTTAR PRADESH.
Uttar Pradesh GK उत्तर प्रदेश सामान्य ज्ञान
- Which country is to the north of Uttar Pradesh?
- a) Nepal
- b) Bangladesh
- c) Pakistan
- d) Bhutan
- Which is the capital of Uttar Pradesh?
- a) Kanpur
- b) Lucknow
- c) Sardhana
- d) Agra
- Which is the official language of Uttar Pradesh?
- a) Santhali
- b) Dogri
- c) Hindi
- d) Pali
- When was Uttaranchal separated from Uttar Pradesh?
- a) 14 March 1975
- b) 12 April 1964
- c) 7 July 1999
- d) 8 November 2000
Ans-8 November 2000
- Who of the following prime ministers of India was not born in Uttar Pradesh?
- a) P. V. Narasimha Rao
- b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
- c) Charan Singh
- d) Chandra Shekhar
Ans- P. V. Narasimha Rao
- Who of the following prime ministers of India was not born in Allahabad?
- a) Jawaharlal Nehru
- b) Indira Gandhi
- c) Vishwanath Pratap Singh
- d) Rajiv Gandhi
Ans- Rajiv Gandhi
- Who was Uttar Pradesh’s chief minister in 1992?
- a) Ram Prakash Gupta
- b) Kalyan Singh
- c) Romesh Bhandari
- d) Rajnath Singh
Ans- Kalyan Singh
- How was Uttar Pradesh formerly known?
- a) Utkala
- b) Kalinga
- c) United Provinces
- d) Anga
Ans- United Provinces
- When was Agra Presidency separated from Bengal Presidency?
- a) 1776
- b) 1792
- c) 1833
- d) 1858
- When did the British annex Oudh?
- a) 1864
- b) 1856
- c) 1824
- d) 1799
- In which of the following cities is the famous ‘Dudhaba National Park’ situated?
(A) Allahabad (B) Varanasi (C) Lakhimpur (Khiri) (D) Hamirpur (Ans : C)
- What is percentage of male literacy according to 2011 census in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 45.16 (B) 49.06 (C) 65.06 (D) 77.30 (Ans : D)
- In Uttar Pradesh the meeting point of Ganga – Yamuna is called–
(A) Meeting point (B) Sangam (C) Har ki Podi (D) Kashi (Ans : B)
- In which of the following fields is the Government undertalking UPECA working in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Leather Production (B) Export of Marble Goods (C) Sale of Handloom Clothes (D) None of these (Ans : C)
- Which of the following institutes is situated in Agra ?
(A) Central Drug Research Institute (B) Defence Research Laboratories
(C) Central Building Research Institute (D) Aerial Delivery Research and Defence Institute (Ans : D)
- In National Food Security Mission (NFSM) which crop is the component–
(A) Rice (B) Wheat (C) Pulses (D) All these three crops (Ans : D)
- In which of the following places is the oil refinery in the State situated ?
(A) Mirzapur (B) Mathura (C) Varanasi (D) Agra (Ans : B)
- Through which of the following cities of Uttar Pradesh does main road of the country G.T. Road that does nor pass through ?
(A) Varanasi (B) Allahabad (C) Kanpur (D) Sharanpur (Ans : B)
- In which of the following districts is the woollen textile mill Lal Imali located ?
(A) Bareilly (B) Kanpur (C) Saharanpur (D) Lucknow (Ans : B)
- Who was the first lady Chief Minister in India and to which state did she belong ?
(A) Indira Gandhi – U.P. (B) Sucheta Kripalani – Maharashtra
(C) Nandni Satpathi – Karnataka (D) Sucheta Kripalani – U.P. (Ans : D)
- Where does K.M. Hindi Institute in the State exist?
(A) Agra (B) Varanasi (C) Prayag (D) Allahabad (Ans : A)
- In which of the following cities is the Bhatkhande Hindustani Music Institute University situated ?
(A) Varanasi (B) Allahabad (C) Agra (D) Lucknow (Ans : D)
- Where is the Saline Water Project situated ?
(A) Near Agra (B) Near Lucknow (C) Near Varanasi (D) 40 km away from Saharanpur (Ans : D)
- In which of the following years did the present name of Uttar Pradesh come into existence ?
(A) 1947 (B) 1950 (C) 1956 (D) 1935 (Ans : C)
- Which of the following cities of Uttar Pradesh is known as Kranti Naga ?
(a) Meerut (B) Kanpur (C) Ballia (D) Lucknow (Ans : A)
- With which of the following country’s collaboration will ‘Tahri Dam Project’ be completed in the state–
(A) Germany (B) Britain (C) Italy (D) Soviet Russia (Ans : B)
- In which of the following places has the diamond cutting centre been established ?
(a) Jam Park – Haldwani (B) Jam Part – Firozabad
(C) Diamond Centre – Noida (D) Diamond Stone – Dehradun (Ans : A)
- Which one of the following cities is known as a ‘City of Ghats and Temples’ in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) Allahabad (B) Kanpur (C) Mathura (D) Varanasi (Ans : D)
- Which of the following dances is celebrated by the tribal people of Mirzapur in the State?
(A) Chaurasia (B) Karma (C) Chauchri (D) Nautanki (Ans : B)
- ho exercises the powers and functions of governance in the state-provided in the Constitution’?
(A) Cabinet (B) Chief Minister (C) Governor (D) Vidhan Sabha (Ans : A)
- With whose collaboration has the Diesel and Locomotive factory at Varanasi been established in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) U.S.S.R. (B) West Germany (C) U.S.A. (D) France (Ans : C)
- Which is the oldest University in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedakar University (B) Aligarh Muslim University
(C) Allahabad University (D) Chhatrapati Sahu Maharaj University (Ans : C)
- How many regional employment exchanges (including those for the disabled) are there in the State?
(A) 47 (B) 26 (C) 42 (D) 30 (Ans : B)
- In which of the following cities, is ‘Kanak Bhawan’ situated ?
(A) Sultanpur (B) Ayodhya (C) Lakhimpur (Khiri) (D) Hamirpur (Ans : B)
- Lucknow-49 (Sardar), Allahabad Safed and Arka Amulya are the fruit variation of–
(A) Guava (B) Mango (C) Banana (D) Ber (Ans : A)
- Under the Trysem Programme in Uttar Pradesh how many youths are selected from each development block ?
(A) 15 (B) 25 (C) 40 (D) 60 (Ans : C)
- Give the names of States whose boundaries touch the Northern border of Uttar Pradesh–
(A) Nepal-Uttarakhand (B) Nepal-Pakistan (C) Tibet-China (D) Tibet-Pakistan (Ans : A)
- Except the Ex-Chief Minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari who among them held the office of Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh four times ?
(A) Dr. Sampurnanand (B) Kamlapati Tripathi
(C) Chandra Bhan Gupta and Kumari Mayawati (D) Govind Ballabh Pant (Ans : C)
- Which soil is found in the maximum area in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) Sandy clay (B) Alluvial clay (C) Red day (D) Red and Black mixed (Ans : B)
- How many projects have been sanctioned in order to purify sacred river Gimga from pollution in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 34 (B) 39 (C) 26 (D) 22 (Ans : B)
- In which of the following cities are the monthly magazines Sahitya Lok, Nok-Jhonk, and Chhatra-Shakti published ?
(A) Kanpur (B) Allahabad (C) Lucknow (D) Agra (Ans : D)
- Which other state along with Uttar Pradesh is Combined in Rajghat Dam Project on river Betwa ?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Haryana (C) Bhiar (D) Madhya Pradesh (Ans : B)
- What is the forested area in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 18,520 km2 (B) 12,000 km2 (C) 14333 km2 (D) 15.020 km2 (Ans : C)
- ‘Tulsi Manas Temple’ dedicated to Sri Tulsida, the writer of Ramayan is in which of the following cities in the state ?
(A) Ayodhya (B) Varanasi (C) Chitrakute (D) Sangam (Ans : B)
- In wllich of the following cities is the famous Religious Magazine ‘Kalyan’ published in the State ?
(A) Agra (B) Meerut (C) Gorakhpur (D) Varanasi (Ans : C)
- In which place of Uttar Pradesh carpets are manufactured ?
(A) Aligarh (B) Bhadoi (C) Mathura (D) Kanpur (Ans : B)
- Which of the following Agriculture Institutes was established in March 1975?
(A) Agricultural Deemed University,Allahabad (B) Chandra Shekhar Azad Agricultural University
(C) Raja Balawant Singh Agricultural, College (D) Narendra Dev Agriculrural University (Ans : B)
- From which place has Upper Ganga canal emerged ?
(A) Narora (B) Banvasa (C) Haridwar (D) Okhala (Ans : C)
- In which area of the State are tropical moist deciduous forests found ?
(A) 50 to 75 cm rain area (B) 75 to 100 cm rain area
(C) 100 to 150 cm rain area (D) 150 to 200 cm rain area (Ans : C)
- For which of the following incidents is the ‘Bhawant Bridge’ in district Mainpuri famous in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Inauguration of Bhawant Bridge (B) Fall of Passenger bus in river
(C) Sabotage of Bridge by terrorists (D) Dismantling within a year after construction (Ans : B)
- At which place does river Gomti meet with river Ganga ?
(A) Kannauj (B) Prayag (C) Gagipur (D) None of these (Ans : C)
- In which district of the State are the maximum Buxa tribes found?
(A) Gorakhpur (B) Bijnor (C) Allahabad (D) Varanasi (Ans : A)
- Name the rivers from which holy river Ganga originates?
(A) Alaknanda, Bhagirathi (B) Bhagirathi, Gangotri (C) Devvahini, Bhagirathi (D) Bhagirathi, Mandakini (Ans : A)
- In which of the following places is the ‘Chaurasia Dance’ organised by ‘Kahar Caste’ celebrated in the State ?
(A) Mirzapur (B) Garhwal (C) Gorakhpur(D) Jaunpur (Ans : D)
- From where does the river Ganga enter in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Saharanpur (B) Meerut (C) Bulandshahar (D) Ghaziabad (Ans : A)
- By which name is the plateau region of the South in Uttar Pradesh known ?
(A) Bundelkhand Plateau (B) Bhagelkhand Plateau (C) Satpura Plateau (D) Vindhya Plateau (Ans : A)
- Where is the narrow belt of ‘Bhabhar’ in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) In Plain area (B) In Tarai area (C) In pebbles land (D) In the area of Ganga-Yamuna (Ans : B)
- Which of the following means of irrigation is used in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Wells and Tubewells (B) Tanks (C) Canals (D) Other source (Ans : A)
- What is the minimum age limit for the candidates for the membership of a district board?
(A) 18 years (B) 2l years (C) 25 years (D) 35 years (Ans : B)
- In which season is Mustard produced in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Rabi (B) Kharif (C) Zaid (D) None of these (Ans : A)
- In which year was the old age-Pension programme was started in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) December 1951 (B) December 1956 (C) December 1957 (D) December 1960 (Ans : C)
- What is the name of the officer to decide the labour cases ?
(A) Civil Judge (B) District Magistrate (C) Labour Commissioner (D) S.D.M. (Ans : C)
- Which of the following was the founder of Banaras Hindu University in district Banaras of Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Madan Mohan Malviya (B) Swami Viveka Nand (C) Swami Dayanand (D) Ishwar Chand Vidhya Sagar (Ans : A)
- In which of the following cities, are Manohar Kahania, Manorama and Maya published in the State?
(A) Allhabad (B) Agra (C) Meerut (D) Varanasi (Ans : A)
- What is the minimum age required for being a member of the Vidhan Sabha ?
(A) 21 years (B) 25 years (C) 30 years (D) 35 years (Ans : B)
- In which region is gold found in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) From the river Sharda-Ramgangs (B) From the river Gomati-Ghaghia
(C) From the river Gomati-Sharda (D) From the river Sharda-Ghagta (Ans : C)
- In which city is the festival organised in the State ?
(A) Allahabad (B) Varanasi (C) Rajghat (D) All are wrong (Ans : A)
- Which of the following cities in the State is famous for mud and day utensils ?
(A) Khurja (B) Firozabad (C) Meerut (D) Renukote (Ans : A)
- The city Ayodhya is situated along the bank of river–
(A) Saryu(B) Gomati (C) Ganga (D) Son (Ans : A)
- Where in Uttar Pradesh has Hindustan Aluminium Corporation established its Aluminium Factory ?
(A) Banda (B) Renukoot (C) Hamirpur (D) Lalitpur (Ans : B)
- What is the rank of Uttar Pradesh in energy electric production ?
(A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Fourth (Ans : B)
- Which of the following is responsible for administration and development of Rural area?
(A) Village Development Board (B) Tahsildar (C) District Board (D) Nyay Panchayat (Ans : C)
- Which of the following pairs of rivers in Uttar Pradesh delimit the bounday of Bundelkhand and Bhagelkhand region ?
(A) Yamuna & Chambal (B) Yamuna & Ganga (C) Yamuna & Ken (D) Yamuna & Betwa (Ans : B)
- Sri A. H. Hume, the founder of Indian Natinal Congress was the Collector of which district at that time ?
(A) Etah (B) Etawah (C) Moradabad (D) Allahabad (Ans : B)
- What is the percentage of rainfall in rainyseason in Uttar Pradeah ?
(A) 65-70% (B) 70-75% (C) 75-80 % (D) 90-95% (Ans : C)
- Which one of the following held the office of Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for longest period ?
(A) Chaudhary Charn Singh (B) Chandra Bhan Gupta
(C) Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna (D) Govind Ballabh Pant (Ans : D)
- Where is the Institute of Opthalmology situated?
(A) Sitapur (B) Agra (C) Lucknow (D) Aligarh (Ans : D)
- Which of the following citie is famous for Glass industry ?
(A) Lucknow (B) Makhanpur (C) Renukots (D) Firozabad (Ans : D)
- In 1919 during the British rule, what was the designation to the ruler of their State ?
(A) Governor (B) Governor General (C) Vice-Roy (D) Lord (Ans : A)
- In which of the following years was Zamidari Abolition and Land Reforms Act implemented in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 26th January, 1948 (B) 15th August, 1950 (C) 26th January, 1951 (D) 15th August, 1951 (Ans : C)
- At Which of the following places has the Textile Research and Training Centre for cloth manufacturing been established ?
(A) Saharanpur (B) Lucknow (C) Kanpur (D) Modinagar (Ans : C)
- Which State of India has maximum number of Universities ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Maharashtra (C) Karnataka (D) Tamilnadu (Ans : A)
- How many members are elected by Graduates & Teachers for Vidhan Parishad in Uttar Pradesh?
(A) 1/2 (B) 1/12 (C)1/4 (D) 1/6 (Ans : D)
- Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sahitya Sansthan’s Bharat Bharati Samman for the year 2013 was confrred on–
(A) Smt. Asha Rani Vora (B) Doodh Nath Singh (C) Daya Prakash Sinha (D) None of these (Ans : B)
- In which of the following districts in Uttar Pradesh, is the Krishan Janam Bhumi situated?
(A) Agra (B) Mathura (C) Etawah (D) Kosi (Ans : B)
- In which of the following cities of Uttar Pradesh is ‘Buland Darwaja’ the famous historical monument situated ?
(A) Agra (B) Bulandshahar (C) Fatehpur Sikri (D) Jhansi (Ans : C)
- In what type of are vegetation Deodar. Spruce and Oak trees found ?
(A) Tropical forest (B) Tropical Moist Deciduous (C) Sub-tropical Forest (D) Moist Temperate (Ans : D)
- How many State Agricultural Universities. (SAUs) are there in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Ans : C)
- Which new project has been started in the State by Minority Financial and Development Corporation.
(A) Citbin Scheme (B) Development Scheme (C) Indira Scheme
(D) Minority Financial Empowerment Scheme (Ans : A)
- From which of the following cities did the Prime Minister launch the cleanliness programme on 14th June. 1987 to make Ganga free from pollution?
(A) Garh-Mukteshwar (B) Narora (C) Kanpur (D) Varanasi (Ans : D)
- What is the density of population in Uttar Pradesh according to 2011 ?
(A) 218 (B) 829 (C) 422 (D) 526 (Ans : B)
- Which is the main centre of books publication in the State?
(A) Allahabad (B) Agra (C) Meerut (D) Varanasi (Ans : B)
- Where is the Naimisharanya situated ?
(A) Sitapur (B) Faizabad (C) Khiri (D) Almora (Ans : A)
- In which of the following places in the state was the declaration letter of 1858 by Queen Victoria read out ?
(A) Banaras— Sarnath (B) Allahabad-Kara (C) Lucknow—Avadh Mahal (D) Allahabad—Company Bagh (Ans : A)
- Which part of the country’s population lives in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) Fifth (B) Seventh (C) Sixth (D) Eighth (Ans : C)
- What is the percentage of forest in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 13.13% (B) 15.13% (C) 16.13% (D) 5.95% (Ans : D)
- Where is the National Sugar Research Institute situated?
(A) Lucknow (B) Kanpur (C) Faizabad (D) Agra (Ans : B)
- When was the Cinema Corporation established in Uttar Pradesh ?
(A) 1951 (B) 1956 (C) 1971 (D) 1975 (Ans : D)
- From which of the following constituencies, was Smt. Sonia Gandhi elected ?
(A) Amroha (B) Rae Bareilly (C) Phulpur (D) Amethi (Ans : D)
- Which one of the following pairs is correct?
(A) Chakeri – Kanpur (B) Amausi – Agra (C) Kheria – Lucknow (D) Babatpur – Allahabad (Ans : A)