Assam General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers 2018
Here are the latest gk from Assam. these are selected by our top level experts. and best for competitive exams.
- Which is the capital of Assam?
(A) Silchar (B) Dispur (C) Jorhat (D) Dibrugarh (Ans : B)
- When did the British annex Assam?
(A) 1772 (B) 1786 (C) 1805 (D) 1826 (Ans : D)
- Which state is to the north of Assam?
(A) Tripura (B) Manipur (C) Meghalaya (D) Arunachal Pradesh (Ans : D)
- Which country is to the west of Assam?
(A) Burma (B) Cambodia (C) Bangladesh (D) Spain (Ans : C)
- Which is the highest point in Assam?
(A) Chenghehishon (B) Guru Peak (C) Doda Betta (D) Himagiri (Ans : A)
- Which district was separated from Assam and given to Pakistan in 1947?
(A) Chittagong (B) Khulna (C) Sylhet (D) Sholashahar (Ans : C)
- Which state was separated from Assam in 1963?
(A) Nagaland (B) Meghalaya (C) Tripura (D) Manipur (Ans : A)
- When was Mizoram separated from Assam?
(A) 1954 (B) 1972 (C) 1948 (D) 1964 (Ans : B)
- Which one was the first capital of Ahom Kingdom in Assam–
(A) Garhgaon (B) Charaideo (C) Jorhat (D) Sivsagar (Ans : B)
- How was Assam formerly known?
(A) Vanga (B) Kamarupa (C) Anga (D) Vaishali (Ans : B)
- In addition to Assamese, which other language from the State is included in the Eight Schedule of the Indian Constitution–
(A) Mishing (B) Rabha (C) Tiwa (D) Bodo (Ans : D)
- Gibon Wild Life Sanctury is located at–
(A) Guwahati (B) Golaghat (C) Jorhat (D) Tinsukia (Ans : C)
- The Guwahati Tea Auction was establishment in the year–
(A) 1998 (B) 1970 (C) 1959 (D) 1988 (Ans : B)
- Which town is also known as Manchester of Assam–
(A) Jorhat (B) Guwahati (C) Sualkuchi (D) Tezpur (Ans : C)
- The Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited Industry is located at–
(A) Makum (B) Guwahati (C) Lepetkata (D) Jorhat (Ans : C)
- Guwahati University was established in the year–
(A) 1935 (B) 1942 (C) 1948 (D) 1959 (Ans : C)
- Total Number of Parliamentary constituency in Assam–
(A) 12 (B) 13 (C) 14 (D) 16 (Ans : C)
- Lakshminath Bezbarua is honored with Rasaraj by Assam Sahitya Sabha in the Year–
(A) 1917 (B) 1922 (C) 1928 (D) 1931 (Ans : D)
- Namghosa was written by–
(A) Sankardev (B) Madhabdev (C) Madhav Kandali (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
- Halodhiya Choraye Baodhan Khai was Directed by–
(A) Bhabendra Natha Saikia (B) Rajkumar da (C) Jahnu Barua (D) Pabitra Magherita (Ans : C)
- In which year Gopinath Bordoloi was arrested for taking part in the freedom movement–
(A) 1915 (B) 1918 (C) 1920 (D) 1922 (Ans : D)
- Which Language is used by Sankardev to Written Borageets??
(A) Assamese (B) Bengali (C) Beajavali (D) Sanskrit (Ans : C)
- Which Wildlife Sanctuary of Assam boasts of the golden langur–
(A) Pani Dihing (B) Pobitora (C) Laokhowa (D) Chakrashila
(Ans : D)
- The first Peasant Uprising against the British was known as–
(A) Phulaguri Dhawa (B) Patharughat Raijmel (C) Battle of Itakhuli (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
- The area of Kaziranga National Park is approximately–
(A) 430 sq. km (B) 500 sq. km (C) 390 sq. km (D) 720 sq. km (Ans : A)
- About 91% of world population of a particular animal species found in Kaziranga National Park is which one of the following–
(A) Asian hog deer (B) Pygmy hog (C) Asiatic wild buffalo (D) Sangai deer (Ans : B)
- Of the total production of Muga, the Golden Silk, in the world, Assam produces–
(A) 69% (B) 79% (C) 89% (D) 99% (Ans : D)
- In which of the following National Parks/Wildlife Sanctuaries, the density of rhino population is the highest–
(A) Manas (B) Kaziranga (C) Pobitora (D) Nameri (Ans : C)
- The highest concentration of forest in the State of Assam occurs in–
(A) Karbi Anglong district (B) Dima Hasao district (C) Goalpara district (D) Dhubri district (Ans : A)
- Pani Dihing Bird Sanctuary is located in which one of the following districts–
(A) Jorhat (B) Sivasagar (C) Golaghat (D) Dhemaji (Ans : B)
- Who was the first martyr of 1942 Revolution in Assam–
(A) Kanaklata Barua (B) Kamala Miri (C) Kushal Konwar (D) Maniram Dewan (Ans : A)
- The Treaty of Yandaboo signed between East India Company and which one of the following–
(A) Ahom King (B) King of Burma (C) Kachari King (D) Chutiya King (Ans : B)
- The rank of Assam in literacy among the States of India is–
(A) 9th (B) 12th (C) 16th (D) 26th (Ans : D)
- The first phase of Moamoria Rebellion was started in–
(A) 1749 (B) 1759 (C) 1769 (D) 1779 (Ans : C)