GRADUATE PHARMACY APTITUDE TEST (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session.The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score.
What is GPAT Exam ?
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India
This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy Graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) Programme. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session
GPAT 2018 Important Dates
GPAT 2018 aspirants can check out below all important dates related to this exam. We have updated the mentioned dates according to its official notification. You may take these dates as the reference.
|1.||Registration process is commencing from||20th October 2017|
|2.||Registration process will end||25th December 2017|
|3.||Examination Date||21st January 2018|
|4.||Date of releasing AICTE GPAT result||February 2018|
|5.||Candidates can take printout of the confirmation page||February 2018|
GPAT Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must be of Indian Nationality. He/She must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 12th standard, including lateral entry applicants).Those who are in their final year of B.Pharma are also eligible to apply for GPAT 2018. There is no age restriction for appearing the examination.
- Nationality:Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- Qualifying Examination:The minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) of duration four years. Candidates passed/appearing the lateral entry B.Pharma programme is also eligible to apply.
- Appearing Candidates:Those who are in final year of B.Pharma course are eligible for appearing the GPAT 2018.
- No Age Criteria:No age restriction is there for appearing the online examination of GPAT.
|GEN/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
Payment can be done via two modes:
- i) Online Payment:You can select online payment mode and then do the payment using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
Once your payment is successfully done, you will receive a confirmation E-mail and SMS. Once you have received the successful payment confirmation, you can proceed with the remaining part of registration process
- ii) Cash Payment in SBI bank:You can select this option to pay by CASH at any of the designated SBI bank branch. Once you select this option and proceed, you will see a CHALLAN on your screen with your details already filled in it. You need to take 3 PRINT OUTS of this CHALLAN, fill in the details wherever required in all the copies, and walk in to your nearest SBI bank branch with CASH on the next day of generation of Challan. Cash Deposit will be accepted only from the next day of your Challan generation
GPAT Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
Type of Questions: Multiple-choice questions only.
Maximum Marks: 125 questions carrying four marks each, the total of 500 marks.
Medium: English only.
Exam Duration: 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: A right answer will award you four marks.
Negative Marking: A wrong answer will deduct one mark. Question not attempted will result in zero marks.
Admission Process through GPAT
The detailed merit list will be provided to the respective state governments for allotting the students through central counseling or otherwise as per their notified admission procedure
In case there is no central counseling, scores awarded will be used for admission in the AICTE approved institutes/university departments
A list of cities where AICTE will hold GPAT 2018 will be announced soon. Given below is the list of cities where exam usually takes places
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amravati, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Gulbarga, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Nellore, Noida, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Ranchi, Shimla, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warrangal
GPAT Syllabus 2018
GPAT syllabus includes the questions of Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) level. The subjects covered under the syllabus are Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy. The detailed syllabus will be provided when it will be released by the authority.
GPAT Score Card
- GPAT 2018 Scorecard will be released by AICTE after the declaration of results.
- To download the scorecard, candidates have to enter details like email address and password.
- The scorecard is valid only for three years. It will be comprised of the maximum score, score secured, All India Rank, etc.
GPAT 2018 Counselling
It has been decided that GPAT 2018 will be conducted on 21st Jan 2018, however, the date of release of its result has not been published yet. Students will be informed regarding the date of releasing GPAT 2018 result through this post. All the qualified candidates will be further invited to attend the counselling process. We will also update the schedule for GPAT counselling 2018 soon the officials will publish its related notification.
Preparation Tips GPAT 2018
- First, check all the details on the exam model and syllabus.
- Selecting the right book is the most important step for preparing for the exam.
- Practical examples of previous year’s documents / documents.
- The review is three times larger than in the past, but it is also important to ensure that the data is accurate and accurate.
- Take a good sleep and maintain your health.