SSC CGL 2017 Notification has been declared on 15th May 2017, but many...
The Job Profile of a Goods Guard is somewhat strenuous in nature that he has stay in his brake van during the entire run where no basic facilities are given. A Goods Guard is in-charge of a running train. There is a mandatory 45 days training for Goods Guards in respective Zonal training institutes. During this training period, the selected candidates are taught how to execute their respective tasks properly and in time. Training modules consists of General Rules, Goods and Coaching Theory and Railway Commercial rules.
The salary or pay scale and benefits breakdown is as follows:
- Pay scale – Rs 5200 – 20,200/-
- Grade Pay – Rs 2800/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 8560/-
- Total Pay – Rs 11,360/-
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Running Allowance
After a 45 day training period, the trainee gets appointed as a Goods Guard at a particular station. The career progression of a Goods Guard can be as follows:
Single Stage Computer Based Test, followed by Document Verification.
If not gone through below Job descriptions:
- Traffic Apprentice job description Click here!!
- Commercial Apprentice Job description Click here!!!
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA) Click here!!!
- Senior Clerk-Cum-Typist Click here!!!
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) Click here!!!
- Senior Time Keeper Click here!!!
- Equiry-Cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Click here!!!