DU LLB Entrance Exam 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
DU LLB Entrance Exam 2018 is a university level entrance examination. After qualifying this exam, candidates can get admission in 3 years of LLB program. Every year, it is conducted by the faculty of Law, Delhi University to offer admission in Law courses.
The University of Delhi (DU) conducts DU LLB entrance test for admission to its 2310 LLB seats. DU LLB 2018 will be held in a paper-based mode and include 175 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The duration of DU LLB 2018 entrance test is 2 hours and the questions will be based on four topics – Analytical Abilities, General Knowledges, English Language Comprehension and Legal Awareness & Aptitude. The notification of DU LLB entrance exam is expected to be announced in May while the application process will commence from June 2018. LLB Aspirants with at least 50% in their Bachelors degree from a recognised university can apply for DU law entrance exam. DU LLB 2018 result is expected to be announced in the first week of July and the scores will be accepted by the three law centres of the university – Campus Law Centre, Law Centre I and Law Centre II. Last year, around 25,000 LLB aspirants applied for the DU LLB entrance while more than 18,500 candidates appeared. Go through this article for complete details on DU LLB 2018, dates, eligibility criteria, application form, test centres, syllabus, cutoff and much more.
Delhi University Law Programs
- Bachelor of Laws(LL.B.),
- Master of Laws (LL.M.),
- Master of Corporate Laws (M.C.L.),
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), and
- Doctor of Civil Laws (D.C.L.).
DU LLB Entrance Exam Dates 2018
Here candidates can check the tentative exam dates for DU LLB exam:
|Online registration starts||Last week of April 2018|
|Online registration last date||3rd week of May 2018|
|Admit card released||1st week of June 2018|
|Conduction of entrance examination||3rd week of June 2018|
|Declaration of result||1st week of July 2018|
|Date of depositing admission fee||3rd week of July 2018|
DU LLB Admit Card
The admit card for DU LLB is provided online to the candidates appearing for the DU LLB. The admit card is accessed by the candidates on the DU LLB portal. The admit card for UG was issued via online mode from the third week of May 2018. The admit card for DU LLB is issued by Delhi University.
Steps to download or get admit card for DU LLB
- Click on official link of DU LLB 2018 admit card
- Login with registration id for DU Law entrance exam 2018
- Click on blinking link of ‘Admit Card’
- Click on ‘Download’ and save admit card of DU LLB 2018
- Candidates need to get a print copy of DU LLB admit card 2018
DU LLB 2018-19 – Application Form:
The priority is to fill the DU LLB 2018-19 Application Form so for this task, make sure for using offline mode. Fill the application form and ensure that all the details require getting the fill because incomplete form leads to cancellation.
Application Fee: Those who are highly interested in filling the application form need to pay the amount of Rs 500. This amount is valid for General and OBC category candidates. However, those who belong to SC, PWD, and ST category need to pay the amount of Rs 250/- One can make the fee payment via offline or online mode.
- If you have completed graduation from some recognized institute then you can apply soon. Besides this no matter which discipline you have chosen for completing graduation.
- It is important that candidates must have secured 50% marks in general category, 45% marks for OBC as well as 40% marks for ST and SC category candidates.
- There is 5% age relaxation for widows, serving personal, wards of ex-servicemen, and Physically Handicapped
DU LLB Exam Pattern 2018
- Duration:The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Total Questions:The exam will have total 175 questions.
- Type of Question: Only Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme:4 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
DU LLB exam Centre 2018
DU LLB will be held in exam centres located across various cities. Last year, the DU LLB exam centres were located across six cities. While filling the application form, applicants can select one DU LLB test city as per their preference. After the conclusion of the application process, the university will allot a DU LLB test centre based on the candidates city preference. The complete address of the test centre will be mentioned on the admit card. Aspirants are advised to select the test city carefully since they wont be able to make any changes regarding the city after completion of the application process.
DU LLB Syllabus
Legal Awareness & Aptitude
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Indian Constitution, its structure, sections, and schedules
- IPC and the CrPC
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
Reasoning & Analytical Abilities
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
English Language & Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled words/sentences
- Fill in the blanks
- Incorrect sentences
- Unseen passages
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Physical geography, science, and environment
- Important happenings in the area of the Indian Constitution or Justice system
- Important awards of the year – sports, science, literature, and arts
- Major UN bodies, their functions locations
- Overview of Indian history and geography
- AP and GP
- Profit and loss
- Number system
DU LLM Syllabus
- Constitutional Law of India
- Criminal Law
- Company law and Partnership
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR),
- Cyber Law,
- Environment Law
- Contemporary Legal Issues
- Law of Contracts and Sale of Goods
- Law of Torts and Consumer Protection
- Family Law
- Public International Law
DU LLB 2018 – Counselling:
Candidates will give a call for counseling according to the merit. The process of counseling will start from July’s Second week. This process will commence as per the rank of the category. Make sure for carrying important documents along with you at the time of counseling such as Admit Card, Mark sheet of graduation, Passing Certificate of Graduation, Age Certificate, Character Certificate, Category Certificate and 8 Passport Sized Photos
List of Documents Required at the Time of Admission
Candidates will be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- DU LLB 2018 Rank Card
- DU LLB 2018 Hall Ticket
- SSC/Intermediate/Equivalent Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Provisional/Degree Certificate
- Study/Residence Certificate – To prove status as local candidate for previous 7 years of study in Banaras or Non-Local Certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/Caste or community certificate if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Income Certificate or White Household Card