Computer Fundamentals – Objective Questions (MCQ) with Solutions & Explanations
Following are the objective questions from Computer Fundamentals Section. Computer Fundamentals section includes the topics such as history of computers, generation of computers, classification of computers, Computer Peripherals, Storage Devices, Computer Security Systems, Computer Viruses, Computer Networking, System Analysis and Design and so on.
Updated: January25, 2018
Basic Computer Awareness General Knowledge GK : Following are the objective questions from Computer Fundamentals Section. Computer Fundamentals section includes the topics such as history of computers, generation of computers, classification of computers, Computer Peripherals, Storage Devices, Computer Security Systems, Computer Viruses, Computer Networking, System Analysis and Design and so on. It tests general knowledge on common terms and concept of computer. Keeping in view of this, we have added some most frequently asked questions on Computer Fundamentals in MCQ format for your proper practice. Take this online practice tests / quiz and you will have an idea what kind of questions are expected under computer awareness in general knowledge section. All questions are selected in a manner so that it becomes easy to understand the topic. You will find these commonly asked solved questions (with answer) really helpful. Just practice.
This section contains computer science multiple choice questions and answers on computer science topics like fundamental of computers, computer hardware input and output devices, programming languages, network, internet, emails etc.
These questions are specially designed for students, working professionals and job seekers. This quiz will be helpful too for those guys who are preparing for banking sectors.
As a number of aspirants have been asking us to share complete MCQs and other materials of Computer Knowledge, here we are sharing all the pdf files I have. These files consists a lot of computer mcqs. These will be very useful for all competitive exams. Downlaod it and prepare well. All the Best…!!!
1. The accuracy of the floating point numbers represent able in two 16bit words of a computer is approximately
a. 16 digits
b. 6 digits
c. 4 digits
d. All of above
2. A dumb terminal has
a. An embedded microprocessor
b. Extensive memory
c. Independent processing capability
d. A keyboard and screen
3. Plotter accuracy is measured in terms of repeatability and
a. Buffer size
c. Vertical dimension
4. bit map terminal
a. support display containing multiple window
b. require considerable amount of video RAM
c. requires tremendous amount of copying and hence low performance
d. all of above
5. how many symbols exist in Baudot code?
6. Daisy wheel printer is a type of
a. Matrix printer
b. Impact printer
c. Laser printer
d. Manual printer
7. The number of records contained within a block of data on magnetic tape is defined by the
a. Block definition
b. Record contain clause
c. Blocking factor
d. Record per block
8. Serial access memories are useful in applications where
a. Data consists of numbers
b. Short access time is required
c. Each stored word is processed differently
d. Data naturally needs to flow in and out in serial form
9. how many types of storage loops exists in magnetic bubble memory
10. which of the following memories must be refreshed many times per second?
a. Static RAM
b. Dynamic RAM
11. The memory which is programmed at the time it is manufactured
12. Which of the following memory medium is not used as main memory system?
a. Magnetic core
c. Magnetic tape
d. Both semiconductor and magnetic tape
13. The control unit of a microprocessor
a. Stores data in the memory
b. Accepts input data from keyboard
c. Performs arithmetic/logic function
d. None of above
14. Registers which are partially visible to users and used to hold conditional codes (bits set by the CPU hardware as the result of operations), are known as
c. Memory Address Registers
d. General Purpose Registers
15. One of the main feature that distinguish microprocessors from micro-computer is
a. Words are usually large in microprocessors
b. Words are shorter in microprocessors
c. Microprocessor does not contain I/O device
d. Exactly the same as the machine cycle time
16. Which was the world’s first microcomputer that used Intel 80386 microprocessor chip?
a. IBM PS/2
17. When was the world’s first laptop computer introduced in the market and by whom?
a. Hewlett-Packard, 1980
b. Epson, 1981
c. Laplink Traveling Software Inc, 1982
d. Tandy Model-200, 1985
18. The first microprocessor built by the Intel corporation was called
19. who built the world’s first electronic calculator using telephone relays, light bulbs and batteries?
a. Claude Shannon
b. Konrard Zues
c. George Stibits
d. Howard H. Aiken
20. Who developed a mechanical device in the 17th century that could add, subtracts, multiply, divide and find square roots?