SSC CGL 2017 Notification has been declared on 15th May 2017, but many...
SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level) Examination is one of the biggest government job recruitment exams of India. Every year the Staff Selection Commission conducts this CGL exam for recruitment in various Central Government Departments like Central Secretariat Service, Central Vigilance Commission, Intelligence Bureau, CBI, Ministry of Railways/ External Affairs /Defence and a few other Ministries. SSC CGL job is a 100 % government job.
On the other hand, SBI Banks provide a respectable job. The requirement of young and energetic individuals in the banking sector has increased a lot. Ever year SBI organizes a for the appointment of PO’s.
- Do clerical work in office like answering RTI queries.
- Make notes and do filing work.
- Doing general administration work.
- Do field Jobs that involve travelling.
- Carry out raids, Inspections, surveillance etc. such jobs are well-suited for those who can cope well with arduous responsibilities.
- Help in shaping National policies by looking after the back office work.
- SSC demands physical standards for some of the jobs such as Inspectors (preventive officers, examiners, excise and income tax), CBI and narcotics officers, etc.
- Provide services to customers
- Working upon daily customer transactions, passing a cheque, draft issuance, cash management etc.
- Enhance business of the bank
- Handle cash activities at the bank
- Manage Clearance of Payments
- Manage accounts of customers
- Official communication
As a PO in SBI you are entitled to receive Rs.37 – 40,000/ month. Whereas for SSC CGL, the salary varies according to grade pays.
- 1800 (INR 13,113)
- 1900 (INR 14,389)
- 2400 (INR 19,920)
- 2800 (INR 22,454)
- 4200 (INR 26,095)
- 4600 (INR 32,328)
- 4800 (INR 34,033)
Work Pressure and Working Hours of SBI PO and SSC CGL:
SBI PO: SBI PO’s work includes General Banking, Administrative Task, or any other task bestowed by the senior management from time to time. As a Bank PO you will undergo rigorous training to understand the nitty-gritties of Banking and trained for accounting, marketing, investment, billing, finance, human resources, forex, agriculture banking, and general banking.
SBI has last year started a new policy according to which, 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month are declared holidays. This means you have a proper work schedule. Daily you will be going in the morning and coming back to your home in the evening.
SSC CGL: Comparatively lower work pressure and hence, higher peace of mind. At times SSC-CGL jobs can also be very demanding if you are asked to work under political pressure every day. This is dependent on your superiors and the department in which you are posted.
SSC CGL and SBI PO Benefits and Perks:
SSC CGL provides the following benefits:
· Dearness Allowance
· House Rent Allowance
· Transport Allowance
· Cash Medical Benefit
· Group Mediclaim
· Pension Scheme
Banks provide the following perks:
· Contribution Pension Scheme/New Pension Scheme
· Medical Aid for self (100%) and for family (75%)
· Home Travel Concession/ Leave Fare Concession
· Concessional interest rates for Housing/Car/Personal Loans
SSC CGL and SBI PO Transfers:
Employees of Bank PO’s face frequent transfers after a period of time. You might end up getting posted in your dream city or might be posted to a rural area.
And posting rate is comparatively low in case of SSC, making the job more stable. Also, chances of rural posting are negligible.
Selection Procedure of SSC CGL and SBI PO:
SBI PO is an Objective type of examination with a Descriptive Test in the Main Exam
It consists of around 2 stages of selection procedure.They are:
SSC CGL is an Objective type of examination (Tier I ,Tier II) and Descriptive (Tier III).
It consists of :
SSC CGL and SBI PO Social Status in Society:
People generally relate your job to your social status. People who are recruited in top SSC jobs definitely enjoy a high social status as compared to their counterparts working in Banks. But of all the Bank Jobs, only the status of an officer in SBI (Even RBI too) is something that can still match the glamour of SSC CGL posts.
Start Preparing! All the best guys..!!!