CAT 2018: Answer Key, Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Eligibility, Score Card, Cut Off
CAT is known as (Common Admission Test) it is a national level test conducted for pursuing Postgraduate Programmer in Business Administration And MBA. Indian Institute of Management conduct (CAT) common admission test for the candidate and it is organized by IIM Delhi on a rotation basis.
What is CAT?
- Common Admission Test or CAT is the only entrance exam for admission in MBAand PGDM programs in top MBA colleges of India such as IIMs, IITs FMS, and ISBs.
- 20 IIMs and more than 136 Management Institutes participate in Common Admission Test.
- CAT is open to all graduates who hold at least 50% marks in graduation.
- The duration of CAT exam is 180 minutes and consists 100 questions.
- Negative marking is also applicable in CAT
- CAT 2018 will be conducted in online mode in December.
- For admission to IIMs, CATqualifying candidates need to apply for all the IIMs separately.
- Admission into IIMs is entirely based on marks secured in CAT and the performance of candidates in GD PI held at respective IIMs.
CAT 2018 Exam Dates
The following are the Important Dates of CAT 2018:
|Commencement of Online Registration||2nd week of August 2018|
|Last Date for Registration||Last week of September 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of October 2018|
|Date of Examination||1st week of December 2018|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of January 2019|
Candidates must read the eligibility criteria before applying for CAT 2018:
- Qualifying Exam:Applicants must hold the Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum Marks: Aspirants have to score minimum 50% marksin aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST and PwD candidates).
- Appearing Candidates:Applicants those who are appearing in final year examination can also apply.
- CS/CA/ICWA candidates are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply online for CAT registration 2018. The application procedure for filling the application form is mentioned here:
- Visit the official link.
- Register yourself by entering your email ID and mobile
- After completion of the registration process, the User ID and passwordwill be generated. It will be sent to the candidate’s mail ID and registered mobile number.
- Login your account using system generated User ID and password.
- Application process involves 5 sectionsnamely personal details, academics, work experience, programmes and payment.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned imagesof photograph, signature, category & PwD certificate in the prescribed format.
- Pay the requisite application fee through online
- At last, take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future references.
CAT 2018 Registration Fee:
- The students who want to apply for CAT 2018-19. They can apply online.
- When you want to apply for CAT Exam first you have to check your qualification eligibility. You can check your eligibility on the Official website of CAT
- Candidates can online registrations from Aug 2018. Also make online payment by Credit Card, Debit Card and Netbanking.
- Candidates who are NC, OBC they need to pay 1700 Reservation candidates SC & ST need to pay only 850 Rupees.
Past Application Trend in CAT
|Year||No. of Registration||No. of Test Takers|
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple choices and Subjective|
|No. of Question||100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks per correct Answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark Deduction(MCQ only)|
The table below shows details about Subjects and marks allotment:
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
- There is such no fixed syllabus for students.
- Students may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The syllabus divided into four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be asked from the given mention topics.
- To score better in the examination, students are consider whole syllabus for exam preparations.
|Quantitative Ability|| Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Number System, Permutation & Combination, Speed, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Logarithmic Equations, HCF and LCM, Ratio, Quadratic and Linear Equations, Algebra, Mensuration, Percentages, progressions, Complex Numbers, Simple and Compound Interest etc.|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning(DILR)||Tables, Graphical Representations, Charts and any Diagrammatical Representation, Logical Games, Calendars, Cubes, Clocks, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements etc.|
|Verbal & Reading Comprehension(VARC)||Critical Reasoning, Paragraph Forming, Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension|
CAT Exam Centers:
Mostly CAT conducted the exam every year on Sunday. Above 2 lakh student apply for this exam. Last year this exam conduct 136 cities. for more, you can se below Cat Exam Centers. You will find every states of India Exam centers.
|Exam State||Exam Centres|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Port Blair||Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Bihar||Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Aurangabad, Gaya|
|Gujarat||Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar|
|Haryana||Ambala, Palwal, Panipath, Rohtak, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Sonipath|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Dhanbad|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Hasan, Kolar, Mandya, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikballapur, Davanagere, Mangalore, Mysore, Ramnagara,|
|Kerala||Kasaragod, Thrissur, Trivandrum, Kochi, Kollam, Kozhikode, Malappuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Jabalpur, Sagar, Gwalior, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara, Solapur, Thane|
|Odisha||Balasore, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack|
|Punjab||Fatehgarh Sahib, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur, Jalandhar, Pathankot|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Sikar, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Coimbatore, Madurai, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tirunelvelli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Khammam|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Mathura, Meerut, Noida, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Burdwan, Kolkata, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Siliguri|