AIIMS 2018: Application Form, AIIMS Exam Dates, MBBS Admission
AIIMS MBBS 2018 – The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, will conduct the entrance exam of AIIMS MBBS on May 27, 2018. Aspirants interested in appearing for the AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam will be able to apply for 707 seats across seven different AIIMS institutions. AIIMS New Delhi will offer 107 seats, while the other AIIMS institutions located in Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh will each offer 100 seats. The entrance exam of AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be held in online mode, as a Computer Based Test (CBT) in two slots – morning and evening. Both slots of the exam will take place for a duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes and the AIIMS MBBS 2018 candidates will have to appear as per the slot allotted to them. Along with NEET and JIPMER, AIIMS MBBS is one among India’s three medical entrance exams at the undergraduate level. It is highly competitive, with more than 1.5 lakh candidates expected to apply.
AIIMS Important Dates
|Online registration starts||2nd January 2018|
|Last date for online registration||March 2018|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application||March 2018|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated||April 2018|
|Admit card release||May 2018|
|Exam date||27th May 2018|
|Result announcement||12th June 2018|
|First round counselling||3rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July 2018|
|Second round counselling||2nd August 2018|
|Third round counselling||4th September 2018|
AIIMS Application Form
Through online mode, a candidate can fill and submit their AIIMS application form. NO offline application available for a candidate but fees can be paid by online as well as offline. The application will be available from 1st week of February and it is available only until mid or last week of February. If the candidate wants correction in his application, it can be done from 1st or 2nd week of March. It an official right of every candidate that they should get correction period but it will not provide further so if you want to change or want to do correction do before a due date.
The candidate is kindly requested to keep ready their scanned images of photograph, left thumb impression and signature in prescribed size and format to upload in the application form.
Students are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The detailed eligibility criteria is given below:
- Nationality:Indian Citizen, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and Foreign Nationals.
- Age:The minimum age limit is 17 years as on the 31st December of the year of admission. Students born on or after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible to apply.
- Qualification:Passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.
- Minimum Marks:Students must have obtained a minimum aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects which is 60% for general/OBC and 50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates.
The application fees for AIIMS MBBS 2018 is tabulated below.
Guidelines for filling the form
A candidate seeking to apply for the entrance examination is required to fill up the registration form available online along with the prospectus at www.aiimsexams.org. Candidate should fill in the online application form without leaving any column blank.
Online Registration & Submission Of Application Form
After selecting the online registration, fill the details required for the payment of the prescribed fee through Debit/Credit cards/Net Banking and fill all details required in the application form.
It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct address, mobile number and E-mail address are entered in the Application Form.
Incomplete application/registration slip will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be entertained. No candidates should register more than one application.
All applicants are required to ensure that photo/thumb impression/signature are uploaded according to the
size and format given in the prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
AIIMS Admit Card
AIIMS admit card/hall ticket will be released 1st or a 2nd week before the examination. students who have submitted their hall ticket to office successfully for the exam can get the hall ticket. Admit cards/Hall ticket will be released in official portal. No offline admit card/hall ticket will be submitted to a candidate in their residential address.
Admit card contain candidate-related information like roll no., candidate center, name etc. keep hall ticket safe till the completion of exams. candidate have to take responsibility of their own hall ticket because if it miss-place candidate will be not allowed to write question paper.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS, & Nursing|
|Question paper type||Objective (includes 200 questions with four choices each)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, General Knowledge, Aptitude & Logical Reasoning|
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer based test)|
|Duration||3 hours+ 30 minutes|
|Marking scheme||1 mark (for each correct answer) & 1/3 negative mark (for each incorrect answer)|
AIIMS 2018 Subject Wise Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Aptitude & Logical Reasoning||10||10|
Here we are providing the seat reservation in various AIIMS institutions for Indian Nationals:
|AIIMS, New Delhi||72||37||19||11||5|
Cut off score for qualifying AIIMS MBBS
AIIMS MBBS Cut off Marks
AIIMS Syllabus 2018
Following Syllabus of AIIMS examination is given below:
- Circular Motion
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Electronic Devices
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Nuclear Physics
- Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, the first law of Thermodynamics.
- Wave Motion: Optics
- Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry:
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Structure of Atom
- Section B: Organic Chemistry:
- Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
- Section C: Physical Chemistry:
- Chemical Equilibrium
- The State of Matter
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
- Reproductive System
- Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
- Botany and Human Welfare
- History, Importance, Factors, and mechanism
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- The Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Transpiration and respiration
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- Current Affairs
- Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- History etc
AIIMS 2018 Counselling
AIIMS, Delhi has decided to complete the AIIMS 2018 counselling in three rounds. The first round of counselling will take place on July 3, 2018, to July 6, 2018. The procedure of AIIMS first round counselling registration is mentioned below:
- Report to Institute for the Offline Counselling Registration:Visit the AIIMS, Delhi with all the required documents for the Counselling registration.
- Choice Filling:Fill the counselling form with the name of the courses and institutes as per your choice and list them in ascending order according to your priority.
- Counselling Result Declaration:All the candidates will receive their result of their allotted course and institutes after counselling process ends in the same day.
- Pay the Admission Fee and Take Admission in Allotted Course:After the counselling ends, all the candidates need to visit their allotted institutes and need to pay the fee to take admissions. In case, any candidate fails to report the institute, then the seat will be given to the next candidate.
Documents Required in Counselling Process
- 10th/12th Mark sheets and Passing Certificates
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (provisional if original degree is not available)
- AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
- AADHAR Card
- Transfer Certificate
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences Exam Score Card
- Caste Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate