AEEE 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Dates
AEEE 2018 Application Form has been released from 1st December 2017. AEEE 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Dates. The Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination is also known by the AEEE 2018. This exam is a university level entrance exam, which is managed by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University). It offers admission in four year degree course in engineering (B.Tech). Through this entrance examination, candidates can get admission in its three campuses, i.e. Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore) and Vengal (Chennai). AEEE is conducted on an all India basis. Here, candidates can get complete details about AEEE 2018 exam including application form, pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc.
Amrita University offers over 190 undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmesin Engineering, Business, Arts & Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Ayurveda
The University is spread across five Campuses in three states of India Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita University offers the following B. Tech. Programmes in its Amritapuri (Kollam, Kerala), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Coimbatore (Tamilnadu) Campuses.
Courses Offered (B.Tech Programmes) with Campuses
The various B.Tech Programmes offered in the three Schools of Engineering are listed below:
Amritapuri Campus, Bengaluru: Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Bengaluru Campus, Bengaluru: Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering
Coimbatore Campus: Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering
Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore: Mechanical Engineering
AEEE 2018 Exam Dates
The notification for AEEE 2018 exam has been released officially. Aspirants can check important dates of the exam in the table below:
|S. No.||Events||Dates (Announced)|
|1.||AEEE 2018 official notification||October, 2017|
|2.||Application form availability (OMR and Online)||15th November, 2017|
|3.||Last date for receiving application (OMR and Online)||31st March, 2018|
|4.||Online exam (Computer based exam)||19th April to 22nd April 2018|
|5.||Offline (Pen and Paper based) exam||28th April, 2018|
|6.||Declaration of AEEE Result/Rank 2018||5th May, 2018|
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will get eligible for admission to the first year of 4 year B.Tech. Programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination. Here is the eligibility criteria for the AEEE 2018:
Age Limit: Candidates must have born on or after the 1st July 1997.
Qualification: Candidates must have cleared the Intermediate or equivalent from recognized university/board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
Minimum Marks: Candidate should have individually scored 55% marks in each subject and 60% aggregate in PCM.
Appearing candidates can also apply for this exam.
Minimum eligibility for management quota is 80% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
AEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- a) Entrance Exam
AEEE is a University level entrance examination administered by Amrita University. Applicants can register for AEEE 2018 by filling and submitting application form online or offline. Click here to apply ONLINE / OFFLINE
(b) AEEE Syllabus
The syllabus will be based on Class 11th & Class 12th subjects and it consists of three sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
(c) AEEE Duration, Pattern and Evaluation
AEEE will be of 2 ½ hours (150 minutes) duration and there will be one question paper containing 100 objective type (multiple-choice types) questions in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Each question will be followed by four answers of which one is correct/most appropriate
- Mathematics – 40 No. of Questions and 120 Marks
- Physics – 30 No. of Questions and 90 Marks
iii. Chemistry – 30 No. of Questions and 90 Marks
Total – 100 No. of Questions and 300 Marks
3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score. If no response is indicated in the answer sheet against a question, no marks, positive or negative will be awarded.
If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be treated as “incorrect answer” and 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
AEEE 2018 Application Form
Those who are fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria, can go ahead for making AEEE 2018 application. Read the information mentioned below:
- The application form for AEEE 2018 can be submitted via online and offline mode.
- You have to choose either online or offline mode.
- The application form will be accessible from 15th November, 2017.
- Fill your personal details as well as educational details in the application form.
- You have to upload the recent scanned passport size photograph and signature in the space specified in case of online application.
- AEEE 2018 OMR application form can be obtained from the Head Post Offices, Dhanlaxmi and Federal Banks.
- Make payment of application fee in order complete the application process.
- Do not forget to take print out of the duly submitted application form for future use.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.1000/- as AEEE 2018 application fee.
- One can make payment through Net Banking, Debit/Credit card in case of online application.
- In case of offline application, candidates can pay fee through Demand Draft (DD).
- The Demand Draft should be in favour of “Amrita School of Engineering” payable at Coimbatore.
AEEE Exam Pattern
To ensure the success in the examination, candidates must be aware about the exam pattern. The AEEE 2018 exam pattern is as under:
AEEE syllabus 2018 contains the topics from three subjects, i.e. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The syllabus will be based on Class 11th & Class 12th subjects. All the subjects cover various topics which are mentioned below:
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Polymers and biomolecules
- Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and amines
- Environmental chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Basic concepts
- Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Electrochemistry, kinetics and surface chemistry
- Equilibrium and thermodynamics
- Solid state and solutions
- S – block elements
- D, f – block elements
- P – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Basic organic chemistry and techniques
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- The straight line and pair of straight lines
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and Functions
- Differential Calculus
Syllabus for Physics:
- Electrostatics, current electricity and magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic wave
- Oscillations and waves
- Units and dimensions
- Solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray and wave optics
- Modern physics
Candidate can follow the tips mentioned below for having better understanding about the exam and its pattern:
- Go through the prescribed syllabus thoroughly.
- Make time table for study dividing each subject as per suitability.
- Collect best books and study material available in market and from other source.
- Discuss things with seniors, tutors at coaching centre and school teachers.
- Solve question in written because it will help you keep things remember.
- Try to cover entire syllabus and understand the topics.
- Make study notes for revision at last time.
- Take healthy diet, proper rest, 8 hour sleep to stay healthy.
AEEE Result 2018
- Candidates can access their AEEE 2018 Result on the website after the successful commencement of the examination.
- The result will be announced on 5th May 2018.
- By entering their registration number, DOB & security code, candidates can check their results.
- After the result declaration, the merit list will be prepared.
- On the basis of merit list candidates will get the admission.
AEEE Counselling 2018
- The university will invite qualified candidates to attend the counselling on the basis of merit list.
- The authority will place information with regard to counselling on official website.
- Counselling process will start most probably in the month of June, 2018.
- Successful candidates have to attend the counselling process as per the schedule.
- Admission to the any individual will be finalised on the basis of his/her performance in entrance test, seats availability and verification of original documents.
List of important documents required during counselling/admission
- Identity Proof
- AEEE Admit Card 2018
- AEEE Score Card 2018
- Date of Birth certificate (10th certificate)
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Admit Card
- Any other document as directed by the competent authority.